Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 AM
ryang20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

I just bought the Volcano and im wondering if i need to break in the engine and how do i do it? Thanks
Old 01-23-2006, 10:37 AM
trpastor

ryang-

This is the style of break in I usually do

[link=http://www.ofna.com/guide-fuel.html]Ofna site[/link]
Old 01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

couple answers.. for a gasket go to your local hardware store.. and they sell in individual packages.. very very thin copper, can be cut to make a gasket and will squish done making an excellent seal. Motors can be had from team infinity the makers of yours in .21 for 90 bucks and .27 for 120.00 brand new.. Also any good hex set both metric and sae can be bought at your nearest hardware store or look on ebay etc.. I bought a complete set with case for a penny plus 6.00 shipping.. Any other questions, let me know. Ronald.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:44 AM
ryang20

thanks trpastor i will check it out what kind of truck do you have?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:52 AM
ryang20

What modifications suck as tires and exhaust pipes am i able to get to put on the Volcano STX. If someone knows please send me a website. Thanks
Old 01-23-2006, 12:15 PM
entity
Banned

i don't understand that... question.. are you looking for new rims and tires.. and exhaust. or no?? let me know. Ronald.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:00 PM
ryang20

Yea im looking for any modifications such as tires and stuff. What size tires would fit that and what type of exhaust should i get. send me the web adress to any site that carries stuff for the Volcano.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:13 PM
oz_hole

ORIGINAL: levid

so i guess the owner of redcat isn't posting anymore reviews or help to anyone else

It's been a week since Redcat's last post, guess our feedback and concerns don't concern them.
What's really interesting is that I've been calling the Redcat office in Arizona in an attempt to speak to someone about the concerns in this forum...

Friday @ 4pm EST I called and asked for Sales and was told that they were out in the warehouse (but without a phone)... I called back 15 minutes later saying that I was a dealer and needed to talk to sales and was told that they (salesmen) were all out sick.

I just called back this morning (Monday) and talked to a manager there. I pointed out the forums and the need of answers to the many questions that we have posted here and they deferred me to my dealer... So it isn't Redcats fault, it isn't the manufacturers fault, but it is apparently my Dealers fault that there are issues with this truck...
My dealer has been more than helpful and quick to answer any and all questions that I have asked him by the way, he's really given a 110%...
Old 01-23-2006, 01:19 PM
oz_hole

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

tweet, I am in China and have sent our administrative manager your email and I am not sure why there is a delay but surely you will be hearing from us tomorrow when we open. We surely will refund you for your shipping and truly apologize. We usually ship very fast and even though I am not in the office the staff is very good and fast.

I truly apologize for the delays and you can trust I will make it right.

Darin
President Redcat Racing
By the way, this was the last post by Redcat Racing...

(increased font and bold were added by me.)
Old 01-23-2006, 01:20 PM
entity
Banned

when are you guys gonna learn that redcat does not make these.. and china does.. lol.. right now.. you can't call china it's a little later there, Trust me i do business with them all the time. I told you guys to email me if you need help with these trucks, cars, buggies.. etc.. shoot me an email. [email protected]
Old 01-23-2006, 01:31 PM
oz_hole

I believe we have established that fact pages ago, Entity.

What is being established now is that Redcat Racing has either disappeared from or is just ignoring this forum.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Xeller8

Well...Darin e-mailed me Friday afternoon in response to an e-mail I sent him Friday morning about maybe doing some work for them (tech sheets...etc..)...he thanked me and everybody else for all the posts and feedback...so they ARE monitoring the forums...

Be patient...they were in the process of moving their warehouse and I'm sure they are overwhelmed with getting this venture going in the right direction and working on improving quality control...etc...I'm sure they are probably going through some MAJOR growing pains at this point..

Hang in there everyone...I'm confident he or SOMEONE will be back soon.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:08 PM
kosty83

I recently bought a tyrannosaurus 1/10 nitro 4x4 off ebay and its identicle in every way to the volcano stx. I coudn't find a forum for it so i guess ill ask my questions to you guys. Well when i got it we started it and it ran well on the first tank of gas during the break-in. After we ran out of that tank of gas we refilled it and tried to stard it back up and the pull string came out. I dont know if we need to buy a new one or if its possible to put the string back in( or how hard it is). Another thing we noticed is that it doesn't want to roll freely now( when not running). I dont know if its binding somehow or if its normal. This is my first nitro rc car ever and I just want a little bit of advice. HELP!!

Eric
Old 01-23-2006, 02:09 PM
entity
Banned

well these guys did state that they were in business for what.. 6 months only???? i've been selling these since they came out.. I'm here to help.. If you want it. otherwise.. Good luck.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:11 PM
entity
Banned

btw.. people. take pics.. and i can help you better. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:54 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Emailing [email protected] or posting your actual issue or problem here is the fastest way to get your question answered. Since we are only into this business for about 6 months, we underestimated the demand for our products. This has caused some delays with phone support as we must increase our staff to handle calls. Email works best. We have setup Redcat Racing as a web based business but will have more phone support over the next 45 days. Redcats main company employees over 25 employees in Arizona and most are trained in the ATV business and support of 500+ dealers. We have seen many of our dealers answer questions and help many cusotmers and expect this to continue.

I personally have been the only one monitoring the forums from Redcat. I recently returned from China only a few days ago and it often takes me some time to catch up as I do run 2 businesses here.

Though none of this is an excuse of any kind, I realize that answers are needed as fast as possible so our customers can enjoy their vehicles. I feel that we as a company are more pro-active than our other competitors in the lower priced Nitro Business and understand your concerns, and you can expect us to get much better.

There are multiple resellers of the Redcat Racing products that view these forums and they along with other users of the products are very helpful.

If any questions need anwers it is always best to be specific on what your question is, include images etc... You should also email Redcat Racing with the question.

Darin
Old 01-23-2006, 03:10 PM
entity
Banned

Darin. I have a question.. Why would you fly to china to ask them about products that you purchased and not made? Does not make much sense to me. let me know. So we can help all our china buyers out... Ronald.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:15 PM
entity
Banned

i'm calling out darin personally to pm me. about all of this so called product there making.. I sell the exact same product.. but don't put my name on it. and for 18 posts.. good operation you got going there. specailly for a factory and a whole bunch of salesman.. I'm more than willing to help out you guys that bought these vehicles.. But i won't tell you that i'm the manufacturer.. nor will i waste my so called time in flying to china.. when neither one of us manufactur them..
Old 01-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Xeller8

"Kosty83"

I did the same thing with my nephews Hurricane buggy as I talked about in the buggy thread..

Did it just pull out so you still have all or most of the cord or did it BREAK??...if it just pulled out you can take the recoil off and put it back in but you have to be VERY careful as to not let the spring go flying!....

If you still have most if not all of the cord here is what you do to fix it....

First off you will need to take the motor out..no biggie...just a couple of fuel lines to disconnect...disconnect the throttle linkage...take the muffler off and 4 screws underneath and the motor is out..

Carefully take out the four screws that hold the recoil housing on....next...before you start to remove the recoil use something slim like a butter knife or a small piece of flat metal or plastic and slide it between the recoil and motor to hold the recoil spring in place (wish I would have thought of that when I fixed my nephews!..UGH!)...there is also a little plastic tab that snaps in to keep the spring in place so you MAY NOT have to use anything else...(but if I remember right I HAD to take that little tab out to get to the hole that retains the cord)....but just to be on the safe side...find something that will work until you can look at it and be confident the spring will stay put..

Once you have something to keep the spring in place gently remove the recoil from the crank shaft...there will be a bearing in the center of the recoil....if that happens to fall out you need to keep in mind that it is a ONE WAY bearing so you will need to put it back in properly (I'll cover that in a minute)...now....the spring should have a little preload on it...if it unwound when you pulled the cord out you will want to give the spool a few turns to preload it again..as you are looking at it you will need to turn the spool counterclockwise and you will feel it get tighter..make sure the spring has some pretty good tension....once you have the spring preloaded you will notice that there is a hole in the center of the edge of the spool and that is where you need to thread the cord through...line up that hole with the hole that the cord goes in on the outer housing and figure out a way to clamp the spool so it doesn't spin and unload the spring...thread the cord through both holes then tie a knot in the end of the cord where it goes in the center of the spool to keep it from coming back out...cut off any excess so you will be able to stuff the end of it in the little recess that is under that hole...

Now..if you have enough preload on the spring you will be able to release it CAREFULLY while keeping a bit of tension on the cord and it should pull the cord back in and wind it up...again....make sure the spring has some pretty good preload tension on it then when you pull the cord it will put even more tension to it....

Now...if the center bearing fell out you need to check it for direction before you put it back in the recoil..(one way bearing)...to do this take the bearing and stick it on the end of the crank shaft...try turning it clockwise (as you are looking at the back of the motor)...if the bearing locks and turns the motor then you have it the right direction...if it spins freely then you need to turn it around...once you figure out which direction is correct you can put the bearing back in the recoil...just remember not to turn it around when you do!

I hope this helps...I wish I had pictures to illustrate this operation but unfortunately I don't...well...actually it IS fortunate cuz it means I haven't done it AGAIN!...lol!

Want a little pointer to help keep you from doing that again??

Heres what I do...when I go to start my buggy I center my chest over the engine and lean in a bit so my hand hits my chest once I pull the cord about 8 inches or so...it works GREAT and pretty soon it becomes second nature...

Again I hope all this helps....if you have any problems or questions just holler!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:34 PM
E.T._2

well i'm sure people don't want my potty mouth back on this forum, but we live in a country that promotes freedom of speech so i'm back. but i will restrain myself as best as.

after repairs to my (RED CAT VOLCANO STX), we took another journey back to the public park which ended in all of 10 minutes [first tank of gas]. a few donuts and the right side of my car looks pathetic, it is unbelievable how something can disintegrate so poorly, when RED CATS rc videos show such amazing footage which is PROBABLY GARBAGE.
To the forum that says "HANG IN THERE", i take it you have the pull cord problems too,. cos that is all my pull cord is good for when the recoil spring inside keeps busting..... IS HANGING MYSELF!!
for all the good this car is doing.... i have a better time drinking the NITRO METHANE than actually driving my "RED CAT" rc volca-NO stx car.

if you did not like my last note sorry to tell you, you just read another!
[sm=thumbdown.gif] E.T._2 [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 01-23-2006, 03:44 PM
oz_hole

Darin, I've got a question: How do I get my money back?

I'm not at all happy with the quality of the Volcano STX and I'd like to return it for a full refund.
I'd like to send it back to you, you then can inform my dealer and a refund can then be issued... Pretty simple and straight-foward.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Xeller8

"Entity"

I never once saw Darin make any claims that Redcat MANUFACTURES these products and his purpose for going to China was to meet with the people who DO make them...

It's AWESOME that you are willing to help people who have purchased these vehicles and we appreciate it very much!...but I feel you need to ease up a bit on bashing Redcat as a company...cut em a little slack while they go through these growing pains.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:53 PM
RedcatRacing

I go to China 3-5 times per year to negotiate with manufacturers. Why do I have to own a factory to go to China. Redcat does not manufacturer anything, we make agreements with manufacturers to make products for us.

My Notebook computer has a major name brand on it but its made in China by another factory.

Darin
Old 01-23-2006, 03:56 PM
RedcatRacing

Oz, Jenni from over here contacted the dealer you purchased from. You should contact them as they should have the answer for you on how to return it.

Darin
Old 01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
kosty83

thanks alot for the info im going to try it out. Also do you have any idea why its having a hard time rolling now? why does it feel as if its binding. I dont now it might be normal.

thanks,
eric

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.