Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:18 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

lol.. conner your a newb. and showing you male dominence here.. I'll help you out.. But you have to git a little ribbing man.. Otherwise.. Learn it yourself like I did 15 years ago.. It's you choice.. I mean no harm.. Just razzing yah.. And I don't sugarcoat it either.. I posted up parts.. if you want something new and improved.. It's not available yet..
Old 03-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Connormon

thats all i needed to know, and what makes you think im a newb, there was nothing needed to learn, just a question seeing if there was after market parts somewhere out there. and answer of: None that i know of, would have been sufficient enough. And why would i bother showing male dominence on a forum?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:29 PM
entity
Banned

well 10 posts here says that your a newb.. not being able to tune.. means your a newb.. and hell i could name a bunch of other things that remind me back in 84 as a newb.. So.. put down the shield.. and start up the site so we can all share are expierences..
Old 03-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Connormon

new to this forum yes, not knowing how to tune no. please dont respond to this just a statement, i dont want to start a 3 page argument.

and sorry i wasnt born back in 1970 or whenever...
Old 03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
entity
Banned

yeah your right.. talk to you later.. And my guys here that know what i've told em.. thanks for the props.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:09 PM
jeeperscreapers

Can neone help with this???? The only way i can get my brakes to work without the car Dieing is to have the idle up a bit so that it moves in neutral position.... but if i get my idle lower so that the tires barely roll the brakes make it die .
Old 03-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Xeller8

Cool1 and Jeepers...

The tuning help thread is titled just that..."tuning help"

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3965371/tm.htm

The problem is that people keep starting new threads with the same questions that have already been adressed and the threads that have the info in them get pushed further down the forum list and people just don't take time to search for what they need.

I adressed this problem in a different thread and when I find time in the next few days I will start a new "OFFICIAL" Tuning thread and will make it more detailed when it comes to tuning and break-in....I will make sure to title it so it will grab peoples attention.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:57 AM
naviuk

ORIGINAL: Connormon

new to this forum yes, not knowing how to tune no. please dont respond to this just a statement, i dont want to start a 3 page argument.

and sorry i wasnt born back in 1970 or whenever...
hey Connormon,
Just relax, if you a newb or not it doesn;t matter, you came to the forum like everyone else looking for help and thats what you'll hopefully get, if you weren't looking for help or knew the answer then why did you come?
Entity means no harm and trust me he knows what he's talking about, i have asked him 100's of questions about my Himoto and so far i'm getting somewhere.

Take a chill pill and ask away.
as for the after markets, like listed above, redcat have some coming out soon and so does exportpro, i have been nagging exportpro like a rabid dog on fresh meat as to when the parts will be avail, so as soon as i know i will post it.

Cheers
Old 03-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Connormon

yea...

thanks for the info.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:41 AM
bly4aub

I ordered some parts from REDCAT and two of them are on backorder is there any one who has paypal and can send me a right front steering arm and right front door type mount. I need these ASAP and would pay for Next day shipping These are for my Himoto 1/10. Email me @ [email protected] if you can help.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:50 AM
naviuk

hi

try http://www.clermontmotorsports.com or www.exportpro.biz

cheers
Old 03-06-2006, 12:52 PM
thecool1

i ordered some parts from here [link=http://www.topspeedtoys.com]top speed toys[/link]

ill let ya know how long it takes to get the parts to me.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:22 PM
carfanatic222

Received the Volcano STX today,Looked at the suspention and noticed what could be the problem with a lot of broken parts.The upper suspention only has a single rod supporting all the shock from an impact.Which if you look at this closely and actually pick up the vehicle and watch how an impact would probably cause the suspention to bind at the front of the door type mounts and the bottom front of the control arm and wring all of it apart actually ripping the hubs apart.Maybe if there were two of these arms instead of one the force of a light impact would not do as much damage.Or if there was an upper control arm this would help with the low speed damage problems. I own one two and it' just my 2 cents
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
OUTRNNR

A couple things since I haven't posted in a few days...

Entity, you can add me to the list for making the alloy parts for the doortype mounts and steering arms.

Not sure where the Redcat Rep went, but I ordered my parts (02014, 02015) last monday and haven't received them yet. I used the Redcat website (not sure why; I didn't know about topspeedtoys.com at the time) and paid $30 for the new parts including shipping, which is FedEx. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take FedEx a week to get my parts to CO from CA so that must mean that Redcat didn't ship them when I paid.

Excuse me for going off here but, I HATE [:@] it when these half-a*s online companies charge your card the day you order from them, but fail to ship the parts that day, or even within a few days for that matter. That shouldn't even be legal. A couple days go by and I send them an email asking for a FedEx tracking number, obviously no reply, but they didn't waste any time charging my account!! I don't care if they don't have the parts in stock or have to make them from scratch, I don't want my card charged until I am provided a tracking number!!!

Hey all you redcat reps, I'm done ordering parts from you, and I hope everyone on this forum finds cheaper parts with better customer service at other online stores!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Xeller8

www.clermontmotorsports.com

Dennis is a great guy and I had the stuff I ordered within 3 days.

Redcat has a phone number listed on their website...did you try CALLING them?

(BTW...Dennis..if you tell anybody I said you were a great guy I will call you a liar....LMAO!! )
Old 03-06-2006, 05:50 PM
thecool1

i just got an email from pay pal saying that top speed toys used pay pal to print the shipping label and that i would receive a tracing number as soon as the package was given to the post office. so seems like top speed toys is shipping pretty quick...i ordered the part yesterday.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:51 PM
entity
Banned

sounds good guys.. i need to keep em coming so i can see what i'm up against as far as cost.. If anyone that has some capitol and know how to design.. Fire me an email.. [email protected] Thanks.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 PM
jeeperscreapers

I ordered my parts on the 4th which was saturday and got them TODAY .... topspeedtoys- very cheap, although they dont have some stuff in stock... also the shipping was only $4 for 3 diff. items..... 2 DAY DELIVERY .... i mighta just got lucky though lol
Old 03-06-2006, 06:56 PM
N3W2R/C

i need teh demensions of the muffler screws, they fell out when i was running the thing. if anyone has the demensions of the screws let me know,

Thanks
Logan
Old 03-06-2006, 07:06 PM
entity
Banned

go to exportpro.com look up your machine and go to parts.. and they have pics of what you need and descriptions.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:33 PM
naviuk

Hi N3W2R/C

if you talking about the screws that hold the exhaust connector as they call it to the engine, they 2mm Diametre by 30mm length, Part number 02095...
Do yourself a favour and when you get the screws, bolt those mother truckers on with lock tight and make sure it's a healthy helping, i had the same problem and i ran mine the other day for double the totaol time i have ever run it and they didn't even budge....

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old 03-06-2006, 07:35 PM
blackdogafd

hey guys i just checked out part# 06011 for my himoto syclone buggy on top speed toys and also on exportbiz and top speed beat the price of the frt lower arms about $4.50 cheeper than exportbiz... so thats not bad at all.......
Old 03-06-2006, 07:38 PM
N3W2R/C

thanks soo much you guys i really appreciate this, i will most definaltly put some lock tight on there, what about the gasget though can you make one of your own? mine i guess fell off, will they have one at the hobby shop that will fit?

Thanks
Logan
Old 03-06-2006, 07:51 PM
levid

Darin still got the upgrades for thr a-arms
Old 03-06-2006, 08:18 PM
OUTRNNR

UPDATE-

Darin got in touch with me and explained that I should've received an email the day I ordered stating that the part is on back order. I didn't receive this email, but I do appreciate him personally following up on the issue. He offered to cancel the order and refund my money because the parts are back ordered 2 weeks. I have chosen to do this and have recently completed the order with topspeedtoys.com.

As for calling them; I expect any company with contact info containing an email address to take their email correspondances as seriously as their telephone inquiries. I didn't get an initial response from them through email, so why would I waste my time trying to call?

If I hadn't have expressed my problems on this forum, I would still be wondering what the hell was going on, and I really would've been piss*d if another 2 weeks went by without getting my parts. So, Thank You Darin for following up on the matter.

I'll update on how topspeedtoys.com service is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.