Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:14 AM
naviuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hi Redcat

Is there any chance the Front and rear protection bars will come out in metal/alloy? the rear is not a problem but the front is... i have checked the website and didn;t see any on there...
Also the sooned the hubs and door mounts come out the better, my apoxy is starting it run out well i guess i wouldn;t need it if i didn't let friends drive my Truck!

Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 PM
naviuk

Hi All

I thought i might add some info to the "awsome" service of Redcat Racing, they never cease to amaze me, I sent a email a couple of days ago to ask some questions about items and sales and haven't had a response yet, now before you say "Call them" I live in London so calling is not as cheap as it is there, well today i got a email, well not really a email but a "NOT READ" reciept, this means the email was deleted wtihout being read by [email protected](Sales team i guess) , it was a email sent to the "sales" department, I gave them the benefit of the doubt waiting a enitre day for a reply after i received this email reciept. being in I.T I know with outlook you can read a email and then delete it giving this response, well if you using Office 2000, but i think a entire day is more then enought time to reply after reading it and besides maybe they needed more info to reply but deleting the email would not have been any good as they wouldn;t have been able to reply, I hope this wraps up the "Great" service from redcat. i wonder how they going to respond to this one... [:@]

Cheers
Old 03-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Xeller8

Hmmm....

Is this the addy you used? [email protected]

The one you have posted is to Redcat MOTORS which is their ATV/DIRTBIKE side of things...they don't go to the same people and I know Darin said he had some people from there helping with THIS side of things but it is not working out very well...he is working on getting the Redcat racing side of things better staffed but it will take some time.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
naviuk

Hi Xeller

Yeah i doubled checked the "TO" and besides i used the "contact us" effort, and it was [email protected], if it was a honest mistake then I guess what can you do, but alass i still don't have a response, Just leaves a bad effect on new customers when they see their emails getting deleted without being read...
I rely amost entirly on emails to get parts etc because they not avail in UK, i'm currently trying to close the deal on my 2nd truck a Traxxas Stampede but i don;t have the heart to sell the Himoto, I've wangled a plan to keep it and not have any body parts removed by the Mrs.
Thanks for the info, hope the staffing problem gets resolved quick.

cheers
Old 03-08-2006, 01:38 PM
bly4aub

are there any other brand steering arms that will work on the Himotos? I Finally got a door type mount fron Top Speed Toys but still no steering arm and my rigged up one has done bit the dust too. Please Help.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:59 PM
jeeperscreapers

i was looking at the acme's on raidentech.com and i was wonderin if its possible to buy all the parts and change out the whole front end so it would have upper and lower arms... the parts are only like $1 each
Old 03-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: naviuk

Hi Xeller

Yeah i doubled checked the "TO" and besides i used the "contact us" effort, and it was [email protected], if it was a honest mistake then I guess what can you do, but alass i still don't have a response, Just leaves a bad effect on new customers when they see their emails getting deleted without being read...
I rely amost entirly on emails to get parts etc because they not avail in UK, i'm currently trying to close the deal on my 2nd truck a Traxxas Stampede but i don;t have the heart to sell the Himoto, I've wangled a plan to keep it and not have any body parts removed by the Mrs.
Thanks for the info, hope the staffing problem gets resolved quick.

cheers
Thanks for seeing it the way it really is naviuk..

O.K...I had to call Redcat about some stuff for myself and I would like to tell you guys Violette was a complete SWEETHEART to deal with and I'm not just saying that either...she really was and if she wasn't I would definitely say so as I am a person who is bluntly honest and tell it like it is...during my phone call I mentioned your issue (naviuk) to her and she feels bad about the mix-up....she is one person trying to do the job of several right now....Redcat started this side of the business as an experiment to see where it would go and it has simply EXPLODED way beyond their expectations which is an absolutely incredible thing from a business standpoint when entering into a new venture but it also has it's downfalls...it can be extremely difficult to stay caught up with the immense growth spurt and sudden growth like that CAN and WILL cause problems on the consumers end...

I am completely confident that things will fall in place once they get their order system...their stock and staffing up to par to keep up with the growing demand.....they don't have this problem with the motorsports side of it and run that efficiently so it's just a matter of time before they get a handle on the R/C side of things too..

I know it's tough when we are broke down but we all need to keep this in mind and be patient until things come around...

For those of you who have been so quick to blow a cork and badmouth Redcats support and the company as a whole you need to try and look at this objectively...how would YOU keep up?...do you think YOU could come up with the extra staffing...stock...etc...pretty much overnight to handle the needs of a business thats has far exceeded your expectations??....I think NOT..

Remember...THESE ARE JUST TOYS...your world doesn't revolve around whether or not you can go out and play with them...the sun doesn't rise and set depending on whether or not you are able to run....it's not like these are our every day cars that we have to rely on to get us to and from work...take the kiddos to school...etc...life will go on even if we have to wait a while to get parts so we can go out and play again.

Lets all try to open our eyes...minds and hearts and give them the fair chance they deserve.[8D]
Old 03-08-2006, 06:59 PM
jatkinson24

I couldn't agree more, Xeller!!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:15 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

xeller8, do you work for redcat, own alot of stock in redcat, are you a redcat dealer???? Related to the owner of redcat? Just wondering because you have and make every excuse in the book for them.

"Lets all try to open our eyes...minds and hearts and give them the fair chance they deserve" <----------you have to be jokeing!!!

I'm not saying they are a bad company or anything, buy you are laying it on way to thick, if you know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!

Simply put, these are toys, this is a hobby, and things break. Cold or hot out, they break. Redcats email address is worthless because i emailed them also and they never got back to me either. Darin did post on one of my threads and did email me a response but it said what i knew already and even though he admitted that redcat did ship my item to me on 2/24(10 days after i paid for it) it was the dealers fault since he did not pay for the item until the 23rd (i paid him on the 14th and explained this to darin). All Darin had to say was that he was a good dealer. Everyone i contacted who dealt with this guy (rczero21) had a problem. So as far as their support goes, i would have to give them a "D".
Old 03-08-2006, 07:26 PM
futabaed

I bought the redcat volcano NIB RTR well when I got it the remote control DID'NT WORK,wrote redcat about it they sent me a USED controler with no antenna,this wasent even the same remote plus it was scratched up(antenna off 1st one wont fit).
I BOUGHT MY TRUCK NEW AND GOT A BROKE CONTROLLER & A USED ONE I CAN'T EVEN USE
no reply from REDCAT at all.

I HAD TO GO BUY MY OWN CONTROLER / RECIVER(FUTABA) TO EVEN DRIVE MY TRUCK ONCE.
($119.00)

There customer service is crap,There willingness to send me a used controller that dont work when I paid cash for new a new RTR
just shows me whut type of company Im dealing with.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:29 PM
ehroof

Thats pretty F***ed up. Don't know what to say about that one, i'm sure xeller8 will have something good to say about redcat though.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:40 PM
futabaed

Xeller8
I think that if anbody out there has paid for there cars they have a rite to drive em without bad support from the dealer.

This post you put up just shows me whos side your on

"Remember...THESE ARE JUST TOYS...your world doesn't revolve around whether or not you can go out and play with them...the sun doesn't rise and set depending on whether or not you are able to run....it's not like these are our every day cars that we have to rely on to get us to and from work...take the kiddos to school...etc...life will go on even if we have to wait a while to get parts so we can go out and play again"

No but the sun should set on there company if they cant support or provide for the people who make them whut they are.

Well REDCAT REMEMBER US THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE YOUR COMPANY SOME OF US ARE VERY UNHAPPY WITH YOUR SUPPORT.
(AND IM STILL NOT HAPPY WITH THE USED CONTROLLER YOU SENT AS A REPLACMENT FOR THE NEW ONE THAT DIDNT WORK AT ALL)

AND xeller we bought these toys with one perpose in mind TO PLAY WITH EM not to let em sit on shelf
Old 03-08-2006, 07:50 PM
ehroof

i also noticed alot of the parts, the parts that people seem to break most are not in stock on their site and there is no estimated time for them to be back in stock. Someone dropped the ball, either they underestimated or the breakage problem is bigger then anticipated. I needed a set of dogbones for the front, hope they will be coming, i paid for them already.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: ehroof

xeller8, do you work for redcat, own alot of stock in redcat, are you a redcat dealer???? Related to the owner of redcat? Just wondering because you have and make every excuse in the book for them.
NOPE!....NONE OF THE ABOVE...I just possess the ability to look at things objectively and realistically and give them a chance to adapt to a MAJOR underestimation of what this venture was going to do...being a businessman myself I find it advantageous to be that way...sorry if you guys took offense and your feelings were hurt or whatever caused you to lash out at me the way you did...

Futabaed...sorry you had the probs you did...if I was in that position I would have CALLED them direct and tried to resolve the matter with someone in real time as I have learned with other companies NOT to rely on e-mails alone...they DO get overlooked at times and even LOST...it's not a perfect world and even more so NOT on the internet...

Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
ehroof

Let me explain something to you xeller8, i too am a business man. I Own a construction company in NYC with over 12 employees. I also know in business if you are a pushover and dont get your point accross people will walk all over you and you will be out of business in a NY MINUTE. As far as you hurting my feelings, buddy it will take a hell of alot more that you overworded speaches of stupidity to hurt them. If someone has bought a product and finds it not up to industry standards and has tried to contact the company to handle it and get no reply (i also went thru the same thing, and was treated very badly from someone on the phone) they have every rite to tell people about it.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:25 PM
ehroof

As far as the product i have no problem with it, it is very good, at least in my experience. i know what to expect in the hobby and "always expect something to break, no matter what, off road, on road, redcar, traxxas, hpi etc. just read the other threads hear about other cars and trucks. I just had a problem with a dealer (rczero21) and redcats support(email and phone).
Old 03-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Xeller8

I never once denied anyones right to voice their opinion or frustration...I was simply offering an objective and different view of things is all...

If you want to label them as "overworded speaches of stupidity"...(btw...speeches is spelled with 2 E's)...well then...that is your opinion and you are entitled to it...sorry you feel the way you do and can't see what I say for what it really is...

If it makes you feel better to throw insults around and bash me for expressing MY opinions on a givin subject go right ahead....it really makes me no matter what so ever.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
ehroof

i know how to spell, typing is another story, typing+spelling+correct=almost impossible. I dont worry about my spelling on a r/c forum. sorry. It does seem when someon has something negative to say about this product, you jump down their throught and a million excuses why it broke and how great redcat, its support and owner are. You do get what you pay for most of the time but for the money you cant go wrong.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
blackdogafd

hey guys jsut put my order in with topspeedtoys today so we'll see how they do on gettin things here in a timely manner. i'll keep you guys posted on how its going..
Old 03-08-2006, 10:50 PM
blackdogafd

all i do know is that topspeedtoys is cheap, and for 2 sets of frt lower arms part# 06011, I paid only 14.97 and thats with shipping!!! not bad if you ask me..
Old 03-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Xeller8

Ehroof...

LOL...I was just jackin with ya on the spelling dude....I'm not a perfect tie-pissed either.

I don't jump down peoples throats unless they are completely out of line and/or treating someone unfairly....if I were to jump down someones throat...trust me..you'd KNOW it....LOL!

Like I said...I just try to get people to look at all angles of things and maybe try to help smooth the waters a bit along the way...can't help it...it's the peacemaker in me and I DO agree that there has been some pretty rocky roads so far and some things left to be desired...but I'm sure everything will gel eventually.[8D]
Old 03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
RedcatRacing

Hey Ehroof,

We just posted in stock out of stock status today on the website for parts and yes we are out of some items now. When we first started ordering parts we would order the same amount of each part and of course some parts break more often than others so we ran out of them. We do have a bunch of parts that are out of stock coming within the next week or so to fill backorders and put available online again. We only started 4 months ago and did not know what broke more than often.

I did answer your pm with "he has been a good dealer" I cannot read each post so if there are dealer problems please always PM me as I always get them. The fact that he is a good dealer really makes no difference. All I wanted to do by posting the message to you was set the record straight which I thought I did.

The bottom line is we are not perfect we know this. We are getting better each day and will continue to do so. Yes, we had email issues, yes our customer service on the phone has been less than par in the past but has gotten much much better only over the last month since we made some internal processing and personel changes.

No excuse, we sucked. Were getting better.

Darin

Old 03-08-2006, 10:56 PM
RedcatRacing

Yes our price on the same order would have been 75 cents higher than top speed toys as our shipping is a tad more. We just lowered all 1/10 scale part pricing due to what we have been hearing about our prices on parts.

I personally take these boards very seriously.

Darin
Old 03-08-2006, 11:17 PM
RedcatRacing

Oh god lets not get on the spelling thing. chat rooms, message boards instant messaging has no rules for spelling or grammer errors. I dont capitalize use punctuation correctly or anything and never will in these types of venues. U see microsoft word has a spell checker for a reason, though these forums do to who has the freaking time for them. My son is 13 and I watch him on AIM every so often and I swear he is talking in giberish.

Darin
Old 03-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Xeller8

LOL!!...I was jackin with him trying to lighten things up a bit...

Yes...anything goes in forums or chat as far as spelling and grammar go...but I HAVE seen some people get TOTALLY anal about it on other boards like yelling at people for posting in all caps...no punctuation etc....so I'd go in and post and misspell and mess up the grammar EXTRA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.