Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Does it bind even if the controller and receiver are OFF??

It sounds as if your servo is pulling the brake on...check that out first.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:15 PM
kosty83

Yes, it ran out of gas and stopped. then after filling the gas tank and breaking the pull start we noticed that it wasnt rolling smooth. Im new at all this and didnt know if it was normal.

let me know,
thanks,
eric
Old 01-23-2006, 04:17 PM
oz_hole

Darin,
Just got off the phone with my dealer, no contact was made through Redcat to him.
He's willing to buy back my volcano but with a depreciated value.

THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I want a FULL refund. Again my proposal: I send it to you, you receive it and notify my dealer, I get the money refunded, I am happy, I go away and now you are happy.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oz,

Please email jenni at [email protected] and include your phone number and she will give you a call.

Darin
Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Xeller8

"Kosty83"

Check your P.M's...I sent you my e-mail addy...

If you have a digital camera and can send me some pics I'll be happy to try and help you troubleshoot your truck....I'll let you know what I need to see when you contact me.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:26 PM
oz_hole

Here's some pics of my broken "steering B", broken pull start and a pic of the truck showing the broken body, replacement throttle servo for the stripped and broken throttle servo...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43535.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	393837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93133.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	393838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12903.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	393839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93838.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	393840  
Old 01-23-2006, 05:42 PM
oz_hole

The bearing there is spare since I replaced my left stub axle carrier with a Traxxas part... It "works".
The white stuff on the "steering B" is fiberglass.

The Redcat Racing pic is there as I believe that since they are proud enough to put their name on the truck, then they should be responsible enough to take action when someone has a complaint.
Again, the responsible party here should be Redcat Racing, not a dealer who is not required to keep an inventory and is able to just list these in an auction and never even have to touch one of these.
Because mine got shipped directly from your warehouse, Darin.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:10 PM
oz_hole

**UPDATE**:

Thank you Jenni, thank you Darin, I appreciate the positive attitude in your customer service.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
N3W2R/C

Darin
i recieved my volcano stx. 2 weeks ago and i have yet to get it fully operational.
first it was the remote and the reciever, next it was the engine, and now the servo is stripped

i have done everything imaginable and i still cant get it fully operational. i have ordered new parts, i have taken it to the local hobby shop, called the company and got no personal assistance, and scoured the instruction manul and the website for help. i feel that i have recieved a defective truck, and would appreciate if i could get a full refund.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
trpastor

Hey guys -

I just want to but an objective perspective in all this. From what I have seen Darin has been worked VERY hard to try to make things right. It sounds like they started selling a product (that yes they obviously did not manufacture but they are their product that they are selling) that was possibly an underdevloped product (my words and not his). The 1/8 buggy is AWSOME. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything like that but have you keep in mind that he may have put his name behind these not realizing the trucks were having so many issues. It sounds like plastics being the major issue.

As far as pullstarts... they break. Often if you're not careful (do a search for ofna pullstart broke or break). The radio/receiver ... I only heard one incident. It sucks but it doesn't seem consistent. It seems I've heard 2 now about the throttle servos wearing out (and it did on my buggy too) so that may be a recurring theme. So these are the problem points in these things.

I CAN say this though... From the action and the way he's treated things so far - if there's a way to get these things running in a way that he's proud to put Redcat name on. He will do it. I don't know Darin, I haven't talked to him but on here (and just sent him an email about possibly doing a How To article yesterday) but he seems like he's trying to get this product straight.

Also - many of you have been angry (rightfully SO) ... I would even say VERY angry by what I've seen said in the posts. But then apologies have followed. This has to be tough for him to see such upset disgust and then work to resolve the situation. But he's done it. KUDO's to you Darin. I know you have got to hate seeing these posts but I can tell you are working to resolve things best you can.

Again - the 1/8th buggies are great (mine is.. just check the 1/8 buggy forum) - and if there's anyway he can start getting more durable plastics and servos in these things - I bet we will see the volcano's become good machines too.

PS - Has ANYONE tried boiling the truck parts? It' has seemed to work for XELLER pretty good (?? Right?) If that's the case, maybe Redcat can have a big cookoff with a pot full of plastic

I haven't heard many (other than normal) complaints on the 1/10 buggies either. I think these products were made in response to the growing popularity of nitro trucks and a bit rushed. I don't blame you guys for not wanting to hang on to them but I think you may see them holding up very well soon

Hope this helps both sides a bit.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
trpastor

OH>>> one more thing... having trouble with a nitro engine with no experience is common. The other weird stuff is not.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Exhaust header, part number 4940. Its the round one which is much better than the square one that is on there now. Also A tuned pipe to go with that header part number 4942. Both Traxxas part numbers.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:10 PM
trpastor

Kosty... your clutch is probably melted.

If you have your car off and when you try to roll it the slides then the clutch has issues more than likely.

What may have happened is that you had the idle open too much so when you were holding the break the clutch was still spinning/engaging melting and freezing it. When the engine spins it spins the clutch shoes out agianst the clutch bell spinning the bell and the gears, but if it's frozen and the shoes are locked out against the bell then it is constantly engaged.... hence wanting to spin WHENEVER the engine is going, and wanting to sping the engine when you roll it on the ground.

Get a new shoe set. You can probably get some "teflon" shoes from another engine http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDSZ5&P=ML which might hold up better.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Xeller8

I told Kosty in a P.M. to check the throttle servo first to see if it was locking up the brake and then if it wasn't to check if the truck still was in a bind after he took the motor out to fix the recoil....I told him to e-mail me with the results...the clutch was going to be next on the list to check....

And yes "pastor"...it seems that the boiling helped a great deal on the front control arms...I beat the CRAP out of my Hurricane this weekend and only broke one of the rear sway bar mounts (no biggie really)...so far it's holding up great!

Are those clutch shoes you posted the link to teflon??..it doesn't say anything to that fact.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

CHeck the teeth on the differencial gears, also check that the spring didn't break that goes around the clutch shoes. We have had both of those things happen to a volcano. Just a thought.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:05 PM
jcam54

Darin- stick in there man! My volcano rocks and I have had minor problems, more to the fact that I'm new to this hobby. Just to make a point the other day I was at my lhs and a man was basicly screaming and crying about his $600 plus LOSI LST 2 comeing
apart in peices. ALL BRANDS HAVE PROBLEMS, which one you choose is up to you. I can say I have had nothing but fun with my truck includeing my screw ups (crahing). But hey you got to understand a full size monster truck breaks too. I have been learning that wide open places ( manual for truck states this) is best to learn how to run and tune these vehicles. I have worked for a major car dealer in my city for 7 1/2 years, you should hear some of the problems we deal with. My point again Every product has it's own problems.
REMEMDER WE GOT INTO THIS HOBBY TO LEARN AND HAVE FUN!! You can't run a nitro without learning what to do.

Still learning and happy with my purchased product and replacement parts.

Thanks for selling me this product Darin and employees of redcat raceing. Also thanks for putting your neck out there to address these issues---keep posting it is always good to hear from the top dog about his concern for his product and consumer.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM
ScottHarp

I am a Redcat dealer and am MORE THAN willing and able to help out.

N3W2RC -- I tell you what, you ship me your truck and all the radio gear and I will repair/tune it and send it back to you. You pay shipping to me and I will pay it to you. How is that for treating a customer I did not even sell it to?

Why do I offer this, you ask?

Simple. I am one of Redcats original 50 dealers and believe in what they are doing. Not only in the ATV market but in RC as well. That and I believe that these are good products.

I have a 1/8 buggy that is my personal car and a Volcano that I play with, read chase the dogs with. I have been to the track with the truck and flipped it a zillion times :-D, I know not a real number, and all I have broken is the body. It is way to brittle, not a great quality of Lexan. The flips have been end-over-end and cartwheels. I did not recieve some TEAM edition of anything like that so I do not know what is going on with the trucks. I do know that my 10-yr old has not killed it yet either.

As far as Darin and the Redcat team go, they are stand-up individuals and deserve to be treated that way. I know some of you may have reasons to feel otherwise. But, I think if you look at it they are reacting and hadleing the problems. Maybe not as fast as some would like but I do know that they will handle all the issues.

My .02, thanks for listening.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:44 PM
ryang20

wHAT WEBSITE CAN I Buy a new exhaust and tires for the Volcano?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Xeller8

That depends..are you looking for stock or an upgrade??

www.redcatracing.com... if you are looking for stock....or check with Scott Harp (the guy who posted above you) he also can get you stock stuff or see if he knows about upgrdes that will work from other makes.

Hmmm...odd...I tried to link you directly to the parts page for that truck to make it easier for you but for some reason it won't work from the forums here.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
ScottHarp

Bear with me guys, please. I am going to work with my LHS to figure out what traxxas parts will bolt up to the Volc'. There are already other dealers doing the same, chubbysdad for one.

We will help, but it takes a little time.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
levid

Darin, my name is craig, we've been corresponding through emails over the last week while you were still in china, I sent you a rather long list of parts that I need to get my Volcano running again, I am just waiting to hear back from you as to what happens next and/or how much it's going to be for me to get everything I need. I sent you an email about this but I saw that you posted on here today and thought maybe you might get this faster, not trying to be a pest. I know you are very busy trying to catch back up and get back to everyone, so just let me know when you can. I purchased my truck on ebay, it was sent directly from Red Cat Motors, Inc. in Phoenix, Arizona on 12/22/05 i am attatching the original invoice on there so that you can see what I am talking about. I have spoken with the dealer I purchased it through on ebay, but because I bought it through an auction he's been of very little help to the point of ignoring any emails that I've sent him. I know you are very busy and that these trucks have been causing lots of stress to a lot of other people as well as me and I appreciate all your help.

Thanks again,
Craig

Old 01-23-2006, 10:13 PM
levid

Just thought I'd post some pics of my wreckage, just for the fun of it.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:15 PM
ScottHarp

levid --

Darin is the President of the company. I know that he is the one who has posted here but you may have better luck in contacting Jenny in parts at Redcat.

I am in no way knocking Darin at all, but he as President has other duties.

And before anyone starts, yes one of his duties is customer satisfaction.

PLEASE do not read anything into this post than there is. I am merely trying to get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: levid

because I bought it through an auction he's been of very little help to the point of ignoring any emails that I've sent him. I know you are very busy and that these trucks have been causing lots of stress to a lot of other people as well as me and I appreciate all your help.

Hence the reason I caution people about buying stuff off e-bay...AND why I usually don't buy off e-bay MYSELF...the support SUCKS a good share of the time....they just pass the buck!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
ScottHarp

levid -- just for my education, what caused the damage? Did you hit anything? NO BLAME.

Also I would like to see the broken piece up close to see if there is a moding defect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.