Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 18 of 112 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

oh well.. the downfall of the trucks and buggies.. too bad you guys never got on the smartech band wagon.. same company.. cheaper prices.. I still cannot believe were still talking about this truck.. yes it's good for the money.. Yes you can get parts.. yes you can upgrade and yes the elec. suck.. simple as that.. want new engines, and electronics.. email me.. otherwise. please be careful of what you spend..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HEY GUYS JUST WONDERING FROM YOU VETEREN R/C ers WHICH DO YOU ALL THINK IS THE BEST, AS IN DEPENDABLE, AND SPEED ALL AROUND, TRAXXAS, OFNA, TEAM ASSOCIATED, IM THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING ANOTHER CAR PROBABLY A TRUGGY, IF I WIN THIS SUPERBOWL POOL WE HAVE AT WORK,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

traxxass.. the most support and the best sales per unit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

galaszuk---you said earlyer in post that hpi parts would work on the 1/10 truck?

What model name and kind of parts will work on the 1/10 truck platform?

thanks for your insight in this thread.
    savage le sts d30m-savage axial 28-hellfire ss mach 28

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Entity: I am not wishing to sound rude but I feel that this is a forum for help and you never once REALLY admitted that Himoto is not the original brand. Quite the opposite actually. I FIND THIS TO BE MISLEADING.

FOR THE REST OF YOU :

I just wanted to make clear who actually makes the engines in these trucks as it may help everyone when it comes time to rebuild them. People were clear in saying they were not Team Infinity but they never told you what they were.

As far as it goes for upgrades. Some are already available. As I already have some of them in my stock, including metal upper plate which has seperate electrics and battery compartment. It holds a hump-pack for added steering voltage, which really helps. Balancing shanks (sway bars)are also available for the on-road and the buggy, and REALLY help on the high-speed handling. This is also why I wanted to discuss things with Darin as maybe we can work something out with a company I know in Guangdong for making carbon fibre upgrades for good price. I know you would all like this. Up-grades ARE readily available. I even have full metal shock kits available. I found the NO upgrade thing to be a little misleading.

The reason I mentioned about the engines is that I purchased many spares when I bought my stock and ran several of them in my own truck. I ran them leaner and leaner until I got them to fail! Just to see what they could take and to know the limits on the needles. I did this so as to be able to give my customers accurate advice. Though after reading the plights of newbies I thought I should enter the discussions.

Sometimes the servos are different, even though they look the same from the outside. You can even tell from listening to them. If you still have problems with the controllers then you should check the crystals as several cars I got had mismatched crystals in them.

As far as asking which is the best rc brand. This is un-answerable as it would only be an opinion. Especially if you ask a dealer or racer. It is in their best interests to say the brand that they sell or race. Best to ask an enthusiast or someone you think is a perfectionist. Each brand has its advantages. Actually the best one is the one you build yourself. Custom!. Just like real cars.

Even Kyosho and Futaba are made in China now!

Xceller8: I really appreciate your welcoming as I have read the whole thread in detail several times and find you are one of only a few who are really trying to be helpful (Besides the REDCAT dealers who have always been more than helpful). Look forward to talking with you some more.

If I can help I am more than willing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the good post galaszuk. Were you able to get your hands on pistons, and sleeves for the vx18 yet?
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice to know that someone has played with these trucks and sounds like they truely know what there doing not saying noone else does just being honest hopefully galasuzk can help all of us i really want to know all the upgrades he's found so the rest of us can change them now and have a nicer or better vechile [sm=lol.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey...I got a tuned pipe tonight.....it's a Traxxas pipe #4942...it's a tad shorter (1/4" maybe) but with a little work to the bracket at the end of the pipe it fits like a charm....can't wait to test it and see what it sounds like and if there is any increase in performance!

Truck has been running beautifully so far!

Hey..now I can add to my tagline about my truck....hehe.
    1/8 Redcat Hurricane XP Buggy/.27 motor (4.43cc)/tuned exhaust
    1/10 Redcat Volcano STX truck/.18 motor (3.0cc)/tuned exhaust

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chubbysdad:
    I am pretty sure that the conrod from an NT-16 (CEN Motor) would work in the VX-18 though you would have to measure it with a vernier and/or micrometer to make sure. The reason I say this is that my brothers friend brought his CEN Funfactor to my shop to see if I had an engine to fit it. The VX-18 fitted straight in and the engines look almost identical. If the crank fits then the stroke is the same so unfortunately the sleeve and piston will be diffent in size. Otherwise it will be the other way around. I am almost very sure as I dismantled the NT motor to have a look as he had blown it up. I then compared it with one of the engines I ran till failure. The conrod was in three peices and the piston was smashed pretty bad.

Levid:
    I know this is the truck thread but if you have the 1:10 buggy and are looking for a fraction more speed then you can change the on-road gearbox into it. The drives are slightly different, with the final being a little taller due to the on-road having smaller diameter tyres. It has worked ok for me so far. The T6 upper plate, sway bars and metal shocks make a huge difference. If you are looking for more acceleration in the road car you can put the buggy gearbox in it.

For the truck, the first things you should do is change the exaust to a metal tuned pipe preferably with a good header (maybe hpi, thunder tiger or aftermarket), HEC is quite good for the money and comes as the full set, I will look for the product numbers, add some good quality oil filled metal shocks to it (they make a huge difference to the durability when bashing as they help take the hits) and put a thin flat stainless washer under each of the locknuts on the wheels or the wheels can become a little sloppy after some time running (the washer helps spread the pressure). The T6 upper plates I have fit all three models and help with stiffness and strength.
    All of the C-hubs and Axle-hubs are the same for all of the 1:10's and they should be available in alloy. Let me get back to you on that one. I need to talk with a friend in South China. They will stop some of the durability problems. For speed with the trucks you should have received a small bag in the bottom of your box with a couple of gears in it. Check the tooth count. They should be different. If not you can order smaller or bigger. I beleive the part numbers are 8015, 8015 and 8033 in the back of your manual.

Universal shafts will obviously help any car and as long as they are the same length you can always buy bearings to fit.

Hope this helps a few of you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

C-hubs and axle-hubs in alloy.....AWESOME!

Where?...when?...how much?...I'm all over it...put me down for a set or two...LOL.

Thanks for the info!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok - I need to get some parts for my 1/8 buggy and am wondering who has um? Send me a message or if you know who the dealers are on the board let me know.

THnaks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok guys got most of the parts pricing in my hands.. send me an email with the parts code and i'll get you a price.. shipping is a solid 10.00 so i would get some back up parts etc.. Also will buy your himoto off of you if you don't want it.. thanks. Ronald.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

galaszuk,
    You mention the bag of gears that came with my Volcano STX 1/10 truck. What is the difference between the gears that came installed in the truck and the two gears in the bag? I am wanting my truck to be slower not faster as I learn to drive. Do I need to install the gears that came in the bag to go slower?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Count the teeth on the big gear on the truck then count the teeth of the big gear in the bag....if the one in the bag has more teeth then you will have more top speed and less accelleration....if it has less teeth you will have more accelleration and less top speed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just bought the Losi LST truck since my volcano broke. Im waiting to get a refund or a new volcano. This Losi i just bought is a beast. Between the engine and the shocks, this truck is amazing. I still want my volcano to watch it smoke the Losi though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well not in the same catagory.. so get off the post i say.. anyone with me????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh.. btw.. the lst. has already been revamped a few times for the short time it's been out.. nice truck.. but not nice price. Not worth it to me. the good ole maxx or revo is much better..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ryan. how are you going to get a refund.. just wondering.. since you already put fuel in it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does anyone know what axle shafts to get to be able to run t-maxx/ revo wheels?

Found great deal on tire/wheel set on ebay (purchased before thinking!!)

Thanks,

trigger happy on bid now button

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

galaszuk got any ideas?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

have a himpto syclone buggy turned truggy, and if u noticed the truck and the buggy are basicly the same, and i think thats the problem, i have no complaints with the buggy, its fast and surprisingly durable (and i bashed it hard), but i dont think the buggy chassis can suport the trucks different shock setup, i think that himoto should have used a toatal different chassis for the truck instead of using the buggy's, they would have had alot more sucsess with it. maybe they will figure that out eventualy (himoto is Redcat racing, same thing)

sponsered by: me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anybody know why when I roll my truck all the gears are ingaging. When i start my car it still wants to roll an everything is tuned right.
    thanks stephen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

kosty can you be more specific?
    Maybe the clutch spring is broken.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah I think that is what the problem is do you have any idea where i can get one and how much it will cost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your clutch spring is broke, the car wont move It will rev in place.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Page 18 of 112 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast