Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:21 PM
levid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hey everyone, this is Levid's fiance, lynn....I just was reading some of these posts, and wanted to say sorry that he's posted so harshly. Yes, he's said some bad things on here and cussed alot...... I just wanted to let you all know I've watched him drive this truck....and I don't know if maybe his truck is a manufacturing reject or not...but nothing he's done that I've seen has been something that I felt was crazy. LOL...... I was surprised the last time he broke it in early february when we were at the middle school with his son...he drove it in circles and we were just getting ready to leave, it flipped and the next thing I knew he was telling me it was broke...lol......I just don't want you all bashing him and telling him it's how he's driving it...yes its not redcat's fault...but at the same time it's not his either...... I just wanted to get him something he'd have fun doing, especially with his son...I wanted him to wait for a traxxa's..but we are on a budget, we're getting married and trying to save for a house, so this seemed more in our price range...maybe there's something we're doing wrong...I am not sure what..... but i wish he'd have more fun with it. But yesterday when he was out driving it wasn't with other people out there, or him running into things....he's a great guy and he's being honest when he tells you that he was driving in an open baseball field... it did flip but not over a jump or a mound. You all love this hobby and that's great. I want him to love it just as much, it's frustrating for me to watch him get so frustrated.... sorry I know I'm a "girl" and i am trying to talk about something I really don't know much about, but just wanted to let you all know he's not blowing smoke up your butts.....he hasn't done very much with it....maybe we'll be able to get it to a point that he'll have fun with it, or maybe be able to save up for the traxxas he wants...but thanks for listening...and for trying to help him when he's asked for tips.... have a great weekend, for whats left of it! [&:]
Old 03-19-2006, 10:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am not bashing your opionion, or calling you a hipacrit about your post, only the fact that your reported to rc universe for doing the same thing you just did, next time i will send you some wine and crackers.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
jcam54

thanks

are we one big happy family yet?---we all seem to like crying to each other.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:24 PM
ehroof

kemo i didnt know redcat was famous.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:24 PM
jeeperscreapers

i'd say thats a little more sensible and more of an ease to read lol [:-] try the hpi mt2 front aluminum hubs and mounts...... takes very minor mods and makes the rides a lot lot tougher
Old 03-19-2006, 10:28 PM
jcam54

levid/lynn

1. Congrats and good luck (I'm still a newly wed!)

2. I'm not trying to bash on yall just don't understand how the truck fell apart. It's a great hobby and yes it can cost alot at times.
When the truck broke was it cold out side, you said it happened in feb.?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 PM
levid

Hey jcam... the time in february was the 2nd time it broke and yea i was cold, which probably had something to do with it....cold is obviously going to make the plastic brittle...but the time that he's really frustrated about was yesterday, and now it's in the mid 50's which is pretty mild. Well it wasn't like the truck just fell apart..lol.... the thing that really blew me away...was he was driving in circles round and round and about the middle of one corner it flipped and i saw (well he told me later it was the axle) the axle fly off as it flipped...that was just going round and round doing what he called doughnuts in the dirt... really all this is moot cause the truck is broke...and no it didn't just spontaneously fall apart...he drove it for roughly 30 minutes yesterday (which was the longest so far lol) and broke 5 parts.... I am really glad you are all having fun with yours...i'm glad that someone is...i just wish he was..lol
Old 03-19-2006, 10:46 PM
ehroof

All i know is that if i was in my car(real car) and hit a tree doing 30mph there would be damage, if i ran my truck(real truck) though a field at full throttle most likely something would break, why is it so unbelievable that something so small and going so fast can break in the same situation at the same speed?? Even though these are fast and sometimes expensive, its only a hobby, they are really only toys so "cant we all just get along "

goodnight, gotta be up at 5:00 am
Old 03-19-2006, 10:46 PM
mdb4426

I have read every thread in this forum and would like to say that I have learned the hard way that not only are we dealing with plastic that goes 25-40+ mph but inexperience is even worst. It took me some time to learn about tuning and checking all the screws and opening it wide open and veering off full throttle over ice chunks, and a snow bank, yep that one has put me out with not much more than a broken rear hub and the shell which is my beater. (more duct tape than plastic anymore) I have buddies that run traxxas and we go through the same thing every weekend, more $$$$$$$$....We are in fargo and run these things 10 degrees can't be that good for them. Water and oil and dirt is hard on these trucks. Levid mentioned 2 speed trans, and rev. I have found out that if you run the thing fast enough to get to second it is going to break something, and good luck with the reverse, these trucks rev so high I haven't seen one that is worth the extra bucks.

Thats my 2 cents
Old 03-19-2006, 10:49 PM
jcam54

From what I understand that doing doughnuts is pretty hard on the diffs. and will cause some pretty extensive damage to the drivetrain ie Xeller8 exploded his--check out his post & pics on the 1/8 buggy thread I think its page 17 but don't quote me on it.

As for cold weather here in Texas it has been around 80+ even into the 90's a week ago--the warmer weather will help!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:54 PM
jcam54

Dog gone thats COLD, I like it here in the 80's/90's!!!!

Do you have problems starting them up in that cold of weather?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:56 PM
ehroof

doughnuts are ok for touring cars and good ones with universals, not the thin dogbones these come with, they tend to bind a little and put that together with the bigger tires and usually theres and problem, i am suprised you can get the truck to do a doughnut, my onraod cars will with no problems, the buggy to but not the truck, it either grabs or flips. unfortunately this is an expensive hobby, especially off road.

have you ever seen a video with a 4x4 truck doing doughnuts???
Old 03-19-2006, 11:00 PM
jcam54

with all of my bashing--the truck--I still have not been able to do any doughnuts, but then again I got a camaro for that...HEHE...only when Johny Law and my wife aren't looking!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:02 PM
levid

Well sorry we live in WA state...it doesn't get in the 80's to 90's till may or june, sometimes even july...is he supposed to put the truck in the box till then?? As far as the doughnuts...i am surprised they break so easily..... that's crazy....his son's r/c (while not gas powered) from wal-mart does those all the time and still runs...i just feel bad cause I wanted him to have fun...maybe our expectations were too high.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
ehroof

weather does play a factor but i broke a shock tower on my Jato last saturday and it was 70 degrees out and i broke one yesterday and it was like 40 degrees out. i have my cars tuned pretty good so usually they start good, my volcano is the only one with a pullystart, will be changing that soon, buy they all started pretty good, was running 4 cars, volcano, tornadoxp, jato, hpi rs4. i saw a couple of guy who converted thier revo's and tmax to pull start and they had to put it in their car to warm up for it to start. you may get less weight and a little more power with out the rotostart or traxxas ez start but it beats the stater box or fustrating pull start.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:09 PM
levid

Actually he's never had a problem with it starting... he's even commented that it's starts great.... I don't know.... but by doughnuts he wanted me to clarify that it's not little full throttle circles that he's doing it's roughly 50 ft. circles... oval circles not at full speed...just going round at a moderate speed, that was just when he was trying to warm it up, he'd go straight till he ran out of room and turn the other way. he was just calling them doughnuts, but not like he was going full speed and turned on a dime..not at all like that.
ehroof

there is a serious power difference between a walmart, radio shack car and these. Trucks are really not made to do doughnuts unless they are stadium trucks with 2 wheel drive. 4 wheel drive has too much going on for it to be under the stress of tight turns, high rpm's and big tires, suprised you didnt strip the spur gear or differential gears. run straight or some tight cornering but stay away fromt he doughnuts.
jcam54

here's the trade off---your states prettyer than mine. The car from walmart is gonna be made completely different than these nitros,
there is way less stress/torque being put onto any of its components.

Trust me I feel bad for him too!! I wish everybody has a great experience like mine...he will get there, as for me I really started driving mine hard when it was about 60F
Old 03-19-2006, 11:13 PM
mdb4426

we start em up inside and then go out. It is usally hard to start when they die, but the engine is usually warm enough, goose the throttle up the trim. whatever it takes to get going.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:14 PM
ehroof

maybe a screw fell out, i cant understand how the axle could fly out by doing a 50ft. circle not at high speed without rolling over. check and make sure no screws are missing, you do have to check the screw on these, i found several loose when i first got it.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:14 PM
levid

hey this is levid again...there's no problem starting mine up...i give it two pulls and it starts, OUTSIDE...and it goes...never have a problem...till it breaks.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:15 PM
jcam54

levid--it sounds almost like your diffs were messed up from the get go!
Disassemble them and see if the diff gears are damaged or are meshing proberly. If a diff. (exspecialy the front) locked up could cause a major malfunction.

And ehroof is right...check all screws on any rc religously
Old 03-19-2006, 11:23 PM
levid

no the diff. are not messed up....i have checked everything, neighbor (the one with the traxxas) has checked it, the LHS has checked it... you all are still trying to make excuses for these trucks the truck itelf is the problem go to the buggies they don't have the same problems that the truck has...maybe that's the difference...... 200 truck vs. the 300 buggy which one's gonna break??????
Old 03-19-2006, 11:24 PM
levid

ha darin no comment
Old 03-19-2006, 11:24 PM
jcam54

well so much for good weather I just caught the news and there is a huge thunderstorm with large hail and tonadoes nocking on my back door!!!!

Gotta batten down the hatches see ya in a few!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.