Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Darin is a great guy and Redcat is a great company to do business with.
    Scott Harper
    1/8 Redcat Hurricane XP, 1/18 BRP SCVII, 1/10 Redcat Volcano

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ScottHarp
    try sending it to this address.

Castillo.logan@cox.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's good! I'm hoping then that he gets back to repsonding to some of the issues it seems the trucks may have.

Hopefully get these truck owners running happily.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can get you guys any and all stock parts and complete rtr vehicles for the himotos.. Let me know if interested. thanks Ronald.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

N3W -- I posted everything that I was going to get you to ttry here in this thread.

Try those things, in order, and then let me know what happened.
    Scott Harper

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trpastor,
    I also sell these redcats. I dont have a problem with a-arms braking at all. Just have a problem with the diffs not lasting long. I have been racing these things for a few years. Used to have hpi but now that I am a redcat dealer(atv's and nitros), I switched to these. I did put up a small video at www.putfile.com/chubbysdad with the volcano's jumping. Nothing big because I am just getting used to the vid. camera shooting them. We jump them everyday on my motorcross track. The only thing that we have break from jumping is the plastic bodies from poor landing. My son is getting better and better. Then he can tape and I can jump.. I will add more vids to that site soon.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Chubbysdad

Thanks for the added video. It gives more idea of what they can take but on that bad land was the car broke? It didn't seem like it wanted to get up and go.

Do you have any video's of the buggies jumping? I'd love to see what the 1/8th's can do. If you do can you add them to the 1/8th forum (a link I should say)

It seems like you were taking if fairly light - do you think the 1/8 scale are tougher than the 1/10th?

Thanks again for the info

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

trpastor,
    sorry about the other thread. i own a 1/10 truck and love it. These 1/8 buggys sound pretty cool to. By chance have you run into parts that will work on the 1/10 trucks. Also how hard is it to change the remote and servoswith a better unit? I have not tried to jump my truck yet, but the again I'm new to this and am trying to learn how to drive the truck. The only problem I'm still having is when I apply the break the motor dies. I now that I have not tuned the truck all the way yet, but any insight/ advice would be great.
    savage le sts d30m-savage axial 28-hellfire ss mach 28

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey jcam... I don't own the truck but if you're looking for stock parts redcat racing is the only place I know or a couple people here said they deal them. Browse the thread for that.

Servos and receiver no problems. Pick whatever you want and it should work (as long as it is standard size). You may want to do some measurements to be sure but they are mostly all the same basic size.

What's goin on with your dying on the break is your trim and servo is not set right. Take off the air filter. The opening in the carb should be very slight (probably 1/16th of an inch as a starting point). AND when you apply the break it should NOT get smaller. If it gets smaller your trim on your receiver is probably set open a little much.

Here's what to do. Center your servo best possible to start (it's probably fine). Then, set your trim to neutral. Adjust your idle so that is is slightly open (*see above). Now - put the break on. If it gets smaller when you break it's going to kill it. You can also see how muhc throttle you are getting by giving it full throttle. It should pretty much expose the whole opening of the carb.

To tweak it out fully you probably need to adjust the sliding stops, but for now it will get you running if it's not closing off more when you hit the breaks.

Hope this helps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW!!!...so much has gone on in here since I haven't been around for a few days...how is everybody??

It's absolutely GREAT to see the owner of Redcat posting!....thanks Darin...it's nice to meet you!

Like I stated in my first post my brother has a Redcat dealership (ATV'S and Dirtbikes) out in Washington state and has recently started stocking the nitro's...I was out there for X-mas and I brought a 1/8 Hurricane XP buggy with the 27 motor home with me...

The first thing I did before even trying to start it was to switch out ALL the electronics....I went with the JR digital FM...(Suppose to have a range of up to 2000 feet I'm told)...it came complete with receiver and servos and even comes with an EXTRA receiver!...I bought that and a gallon of fuel (Traxxas Top Fuel 33%)...all for about $235.00 at Hobbytown U.S.A)

I switched out all the electronics today and decided it was time to fire it up and test it....it fired up fairly easily (just a few pulls after priming) and didn't take long to dial it in so it was running quite nicely...it would bog for a momment if I nailed the throttle so I know I have it somewhat rich for now..

Let me tell you....after dinking around with the first tank of fuel I cheated and nailed it a few times..( I know I know!!) and OMG do these things SCREAM!...I can't WAIT until I can run it like that for longer periods of time!

O.K...here is the bad news....does Redcat make aluminum FRONT upper and lower control arms??......LOL!!....YEP!!...you got it!...I CRRRRRRASHED!!....but it's my own stupid fault for running it in the somewhat confined area of the street in front of my house...I went flying down in front of my neighbors driveway...didn't react fast enough and caught the corner of the curb...( I also flipped it and broke one of the wing adjuster mounts...pavement & plastic don't mix!) )...but OMG before I broke the entire left front suspension I was thrilled with the performance!...these things tear up grass like nobodies business and even on clean/ dry pavement at a dead stand still you can crank the wheel one way and nail the throttle and they'll spin a cookie on a dime....surprising considering it's a 4-wheel drive!

OH!!...and yes I too had a wheel nut come off the left front wheel...but luckily I was going pretty slow and turning around so I found it in the street...I checked the others and found 2 to be loose so I definitely recommend checking all wheel nuts and everything that is screwed or bolted before you run the car...

Overall...even though I only got to run a couple of tanks of fuel before I crashed I am very happy with the car so far and if I can upgrade the front suspension and steering components to all ALUMINUM I think I will have me one killer buggy for almost half the price of the bigger names!

Glad to see all the feedback....good or bad...lets keep it going!!
    1/8 Redcat Hurricane XP Buggy/.27 motor (4.43cc)/tuned exhaust
    1/10 Redcat Volcano STX truck/.18 motor (3.0cc)/tuned exhaust

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Xeller,
    Opinions are like ***holes.. everyone has one. I dont think it is smart to upgrade to Alluminum only because, think about it for a sec, if you hit something with a good force, instead of the a-arm breaking( not that much money) the alluminum will take the shot and you could break something else or even bend chasis. Something to think about. I went to the local shop and brought up the same issue. He told me the exact same thing. It is better to let the a-arm take the shot then break something of more value.
    Just a thought.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trpastor, the only thing that broke was the body. These things take a beating... I dont personally have a 1/8th buggie yet but am going to order one. We just have the volcano's and the tornado. I havn't sold any hurricaines yet but plan on checking them out soon.

By looking at the parts lists, and specs, I think the 1/8th is much better. THe diff. gears are steel, not plastic, the clutch housing is steel not alluminum. The dog bones are much thicker and stronger. I am going to order one and give it a run for its money.. I will post back with my findings.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You will not be dissapointed with the 'Cane!!

I would stay clear of the aluminum stuff for suspension items, a-arms and such. Like has been said they may cause more catastrophic failure than just an A-arm.

When, not if, you hit something, the composite suspension pieces can take a hit and even "spring" back into place, they may break but consider them break away parts. If you were running an aluminum piece, they will tend to bend or transfer that energy to something(s) more difficult to replace.
    Scott Harper

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Chubbysdad"

You make a valid point...but you didn't have to flame me at the beginning of your post...LOL!

I need to get this fixed...finish breaking it in and get into some serious jumping in order to make a better determination...but yes...I can see breaking the plastic is the cheaper route to go...I dunno...we'll see.

*edit after thinking it over*

O.K..O.K...you guys talked me into it...I'm ordering the stock stuff right now...(thanks for the advice guys!)...and maybe doubles on the control arms...LOL!...I think I will try the boiling thing to see if it makes them a bit more flexible...I wonder how hot and how long to boil though??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hopefully everyones having fun with there buggies and i hope your talking about the buggie and not the truck because you can't get that stuff with the truck yet thats the redcat problem like i said wait a while and take them off some jumps or do something with them like the redcat video does and will see how happy you guys are

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 1/10 Trucks are our best sellers and therefore you will see more posts about them. I am actually in China right now and have been working the manufacturer to speed up the process to make aluminum parts for all of the 1/10 vehicles. They have begun the process but we dont expect the new aluminum parts for at least another 90 days as it does take some time to make new molds. I also realize that the bodies on the 1/10 trucks are a little more fragile than the others and we have been working with them to use a more flexible plastic material.

Regarding the video, you will notice that the trucks and buggies were run on different terrain. There was no reason to this other than the fact that when we shot the videos, we had only brought the trucks with us and ran them. We than awaiting one of our other employees to bring the buggies and we ran them in a different area.

Darin
    Darin Oreman
    REDCAT RACING / CEO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One more thing.

We will be posting some new videos after February 10th. We are running a contest for our resellers to send us the most extreme videos they can think of using the Redcat Racing products. Therefore, you should see a lot of crazy stuff, wild rides, big air on all vehicles next month.

Darin
    Darin Oreman
    REDCAT RACING / CEO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We are looking for writers of technical info sheets, beginner help for the Redcat Racing product line.

As many of you have read in other posts, Redcat Racing is fairly new in the RC Nitro biz but have had great success with Redcat Motors which is a large ATV importer in the US with over 600 dealers nationwide and sales of over 50,000 ATV's in the last 2 years.

I have always been an avid Nitro guy and began Redcat Racing about 6 months ago.

If anyone is interested in creating these types of information sheets, please email sales@redcatracing.com with the subject line being: "Info Sheets"

We would be willing to pay for the info sheets or swap for Redcat Racing product.

So, if you have the ability to use a digital camera, technical and or basic writing skills, please shoot me an email if you are interested.

Darin
    Darin Oreman
    REDCAT RACING / CEO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

xeller -

I think I posted a link back a few threads to boiling parts. One said 2 hours and one said 20 minutes I think. I would start in the middle myself with maybe the front arms

Try 30 - 45 minutes with the front arms. Run it around a little. Harder and harder. If the back arms break and the front don't, and the front isn't soft... I think you have a winner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"trpastor"..

Thanks for the info!...I remembered seeing you say something earlier on about it but was having a hard time finding it again...I'll try it and let you guys know how it works...

Darin...I'd be very interested in helping put out some tech sheets...we need to get some detailed info out there!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please DO post back the results. I'm sure there are many others who would like to know how this works.

I agree with the aluminum. All you are doing is pushing the impact backwards or spreading it out. However if the other parts are strong enough to take it then it is ok.

Really you probably want them to be able to break, but not as easy as reports have been saying. Boiling them may soften them to where they absorb without breakage and don't pass the impact backwards to the rest of the car.

Keep up posted

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh you can count on me to keep posting and keep everyone informed...(whether people want me to or not)..I am just like that...LOL...I love to discuss things like this and come up with better ideas to improve on products and I also love troubleshooting and the challenge to improve things ...

I firmly believe in this new line of RC's...(especially when it comes to the cost) and will do my best to help with continuing research and development to improve them further..I'd even take on being a "field tester" of sorts if Darin/Redcat Racing has a need ...I am also considering becoming a dealer in this area.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As far as the response to aluminum.. it is much stronger than the plastics... and made to withhold punishment, less drag in some applications, and is as light or sometimes lighter than the o.e product... the question here is will it rebound etc. No.. It's not made to rebound. It's made not to break as easily. So your asking.. whats the difference.. durability vs. recovery. Bottome line is when you roll over.. miss a jump etc. you most likely to have the aluminum hold up much better... When your screw up and hit something really nasty at the wrong angle and hi speeds.. Both products will break..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey all just got my 1/10 scale tornado xp about a week ago im extremely new to r/c this is the first for me but i took it on the strip job i work atand tried it outman this thing is wickedly fast, after running it into a liftjack off a large loader i broke a shocka little j b weld and i was back on the road. after me and two friends of mine ran the crap out of it and numerous flips most of which landed back on its wheels and kept going, no magor damage , but now the pull start screwed up and was wondering if any one had anything to say about a shaft starter or torque starter ive been looking at them on OFNA's site any sugestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trpastor,
    Thanks for the info I will try it asap! I have also noticed that the servo twitches at times (shimmys/ resets it self to center?). I really don't know why, I am a extreme new comer to this hobby. But so far everything-everyone that is posting and giving feed back does help teach us new comers the hobby. Once again to all of you...THANKS!
    savage le sts d30m-savage axial 28-hellfire ss mach 28

Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast