Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

But if the clutch spring is broken...wouldn't that allow the clutch to engage too soon or stay stuck?

I haven't taken one apart yet so I'm not sure how they are configured but I was under the assumption that the spring kept the shoes off the bell until the rpm's came up enough to engage them?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:08 AM
galaszuk

JCAM54:

I don't have a great deal of experience with the Americanised brands of cars or trucks to be honest, as I live in Australia and the majority of our trade is with Asia. I would have thought though that as long as any wheel uses the hex adaptor for drive of the wheel and the hex is the same size then they should just bolt straight up. Are you saying that you need a longer or shorter axle?

Kosty83:

I have had a couple of things like this happen over time. Are the wheels locking up when you roll the truck without the motor running? It sounds as if your clutch could be faulty.

When the truck isn't running can you spin the clutch bell (the silver looking thing with teeth on it at the end of your motor crank) by hand? It should sping freely with no rubbing or noise. Sometimes this one can be out of shape (not round eg slight egg or oval shape) as the casting of these is not too good. This will cause it to hit the clutch.

When the motor is running this can make the clutch hit it at the narrowest diameter and actually engage the clutch even though it is fully contracted. Hence your truck will want to move.

Either way you have to take the clutch bell off and check it and the spring also.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:41 PM
N3W2R/C

ScottHarp
i sent you an e-mail abot some parts i need

Thanks
Logan
Old 02-08-2006, 08:09 PM
jcam54

galaszuk--I need to find longer stub axles to fit the over sized monster truck tires, but if this is not an option I can allways resale the wheels/tires. Thanks for your feed back!! (it was my mistake for buying them in the first place--live and learn I guess!!)
Old 02-08-2006, 10:13 PM
ScottHarp

ATTN: LOGAN!!!!

Your mailbox is full!!!

I tried to reply but it bounced back to me.

Scott
Old 02-08-2006, 11:39 PM
futabaed

Is there any body that excepts paypal for volcano stx truck parts?
I realy need to find, 2 stearing knuckles and door type mounts at a
reasonable price.

Anyone with help can email me at [email protected]

thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 03:36 AM
galaszuk

JCAM54: I see now!

If you can measure the extra thickness (measure the thickness of the axle hole on your new wheels as well as your old wheels) and tell me. Then I think that I can tell you an axle to fit it.

Then you cna use the wheels you bought and all will be good.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
futabaed

Please anyony with volcano stx parts [hr]WHO EXCEPTS PAYPAL please post or e-mail me the price of 2 steering arms(02014) and two door type mounts(02015)

I CAN ONLY PAY WITH PAYPAL,please can someone help!!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:24 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

i can help.. and will help out most people here but after a while. will need to make some money myslelf.. lol.. the 214 is a set at 3.00 and the 215 is 2pcs at 3.00 add about 12.00 shipping coming from the direct supplier.. but accept paypal. or.. you can look around your truck and see what else you might need so you can load up the box.. Thanks again guys.. Always here to help.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
entity
Banned

suggestion to all.. i say we start a chat room.. Better than waiting on emails etc... Since i'm starting it.. i say msn or yahoo.. after that. We vote on which one to host it on.. I can get all your parts and products at my cost.. but within two weeks i'm gonna try to make a simple profit, nothing outrageous and you can guarantee that these are all the same parts, and if anyone else is looking to do business or join mine.. let me know. Thanks. Ronald.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Xeller8

I say Yahoo...number 1 cuz it's better than AOL or MSN and 2 I already have a couple of people from here on it...

But thats just MY vote.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
entity
Banned

yeah yahoo is good..
Old 02-09-2006, 02:18 PM
futabaed

im on yahoo 2. that would be probably the best platform for chat.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:39 PM
entity
Banned

heres my yahoo. to chat with me.. [email protected] i'll open it up now. Later. Ronnie.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 PM
ScottHarp

Logan --

Call me at the shop Saturday between 11-5pm central. 205-661-9546
Old 02-13-2006, 10:24 PM
rczero21

Hey everyone my name is jerry I sell red cat racing cars online. I have opened up a store here on rcu with all the redcat racing models as well as a lot of the parts. The parts will all be posted by the end of the week. If there is anything you need as far as parts or even a new rc car maybe a volcano or any of the other great redcat racing vehicles please e mail me or visit my rc store here on rcu.
Just goto the rc stores search and type in redcat racing and Jerrys rc cars store will come up. If there is something that you need and it is not posted yet please just e mail me and i will get right back to you with price and availability.
I hope to talk to you all soon.
I also offer lower prices than on the redcat website plus a parts discount. I will be happy to help anyone who needs anything for there redcat racing rc car I carry the volcano and parts at a cheaper price than the redcat racing site.
Thanks
Jerry D
Jerry' RC Depot
Old 02-13-2006, 11:52 PM
htchevyii

Don't waste your money on Redcat garbage! It's not that much more expensive to buy a quality car to begin with. I ordered control arms (that always break) and they sent me the wrong part and won't return emails. I bought a Traxxas and It's 10x the machine and I can buy parts at any hobby shop, should I need them. Hope this saves someone a headache.
Trey
Old 02-14-2006, 07:46 AM
anthony taitague

why I can't find any thing on this /these products inthe blue book for rc's car? If it to be sold needs to place in check blue book book
Old 02-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: htchevyii

Don't waste your money on Redcat garbage! It's not that much more expensive to buy a quality car to begin with. I ordered control arms (that always break) and they sent me the wrong part and won't return emails. I bought a Traxxas and It's 10x the machine and I can buy parts at any hobby shop, should I need them. Hope this saves someone a headache.
Trey

Learning how to drive would be a great start...

O.K...BUH BYE NOW!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:13 AM
htchevyii

ORIGINAL: Xeller8

C-hubs and axle-hubs in alloy.....AWESOME!

Where?...when?...how much?...I'm all over it...put me down for a set or two...LOL.

Thanks for the info!
Why do you need all the alloy if the truck and your driving ability are so great? Look bach thru the posts, why all the talk about inferior plastic and boiling parts? thought so.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: htchevyii

Why do you need all the alloy if the truck and your driving ability are so great? Look bach thru the posts, why all the talk about inferior plastic and boiling parts? thought so.

I never claimed my driving was perfect...I've hit stuff and broke too....but "I" and several others on this board are man enough to admit to driver error and not slam on a pretty decent product (especially for the price) due to driver errors...I know plenty of people who have paid almost twice as much for name brand cars and trucks and they break stuff just the same...

One of the main probs for those of us here in the midwest and east is colder temps this time of year and once you start getting down below about 55 degrees plastic starts to get stiffer and more brittle as the temps go down from there....hence the boiling of the plastic parts that break most often to make them a bit more flexible AND the reason why I will use alloy hubs when they become available...the hubs DO seem to be the weakest point on these trucks and that problem really manifests itself in colder weather...and no matter what brand you buy there will ALWAYS be certain weak points...it's merely a fact of life...especially if temps are not 60-70 or above...

The point I was making is that if you hit stuff at just the right speed or at just the right angle things can and WILL break...(no matter what the temp is)....try putting a REAL truck through what we put THESE through and see what happens...we put these things through a LOT and expect way more than what would be considered "normal" operating parameters out of them and in all reality when you put it in scale..(size and weight)...these trucks take a hell of a lot more than a real truck would without breaking something and when they DO break they are a LOT cheaper to fix....just because these are basically toys doesn't mean you can bash into stuff and cartwheel them over and over and expect them to come out unscathed EVERY time...several rollovers or cartwheels in a REAL truck (even just ONE incident like that) would TOTAL it and cost thousands of dollars to fix...

Again...put how we operate these things into scale...compare...and really think about that...

Feedback is great....whether it be positive or negative...it all helps in developing a better product for the consumer in the long run....but to come in here with only one intent to proclaim something as "garbage" and telling people not to buy one is irritating and very counterproductive...if someone is considering buying one of these then they themselves are capable of reading through the forums and see all the feedback and decide for themselves and even with some of the negative that they have seen some still opt to buy....WHY??....because they also see the positive and realize that these are a great buy for an entry level vehicle to learn about the hobby and develope their skills...

People who come around merely to "flame" something or someone on a discussion forum are kown as "trolls"....don't be a troll...

Get my drift? [8D]
Old 02-15-2006, 11:44 AM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@xeller8 nice points above

Troll hehehe
Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 PM
cdeniro

This is my first post. I bought a Himoto truck and ran a full tank of gas until one of the rear axle holders snapped. It was very cold out and it flipped when it happend. This is my first RC car so I am a complete newb. It took me less than 10 mins to get it up and running though and was a total blast while it lasted. All ready ordered replacement parts which were a bit expensive due to shipping from China so I am looking for somewhere local to get parts with combined shipping.

I read all the posts in this forum and have learned quite a bit. Thanks for the info. Plan on seeing some dumb questions in the future though ;-)
Old 02-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Xeller8

Welcome to the forums cdeniro...glad to have another newbie on board!

Ask away...tis easier to answer a dumb question than to correct a dumb mistake!

Just be sure to observe proper break-in procedures and you should be good to go.

We look forward to your feedback![8D]
Old 02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
entity
Banned

nah no questions are dumb.. if your a noobie to the sport and hobby no problem.. Were here to help.. I remember my first r/c Now this dates me but it was Tamiya fox electric.. and my first problem was i stripped the dog bones outta it and had to get upgraded ones. So any questions and problems were all here to help.. Peace. I have all part available and can get these machines from himoto for cheap..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.