Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:09 PM
cdeniro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Pm to you Entity
Old 02-15-2006, 08:28 PM
bly4aub

Hey All,

New member here, I have a Himoto 1/10 truck and am new to the R/C world.
just wanted to give a shout out to all here. I have had my truck for a few weeks now but have been trying to read the complete forum before I made a post. Anyway, I am very impressed with the truck so far even though I have already had to order a front right steering arm but it wad around 30 degrees out and hitting the side of the flower bed didnt help much either. Like I said, I'm new and not very experienced at driving. I will be doing the remaining of my learn period in an open field to prevent any more crashes. Well, just wanted to share my first time story and will be keeping an eye on the forums so yall keep posting.

Shane
Old 02-15-2006, 10:39 PM
N3W2R/C

Scott

Sry i didnt call i was busy all weekend. Would it be alright if i called you tommorrow after school?

Thanks
Logan
Old 02-16-2006, 08:48 PM
htchevyii

Learning how to drive would be a great start...

O.K...BUH BYE NOW!

[/quote]

I was just tring to keep someone else from making the same mistake I did, I think it was you that started with the s.a. comments.
have a nice day!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: htchevyii

Don't waste your money on Redcat garbage! It's not that much more expensive to buy a quality car to begin with.
Trey
Obviously you completely missed my point...but I am not going to type another essay...

The only thing I will say here is that one persons "mistake" is another persons triumph and there are plenty of people who are having good luck and a lot of fun with these trucks...myself included....like I said...feedback is great for product development and improvement whether it be positive OR negative...however...it's all in how you word something that makes the world of difference on how it's received and responded to....get it now?

Lets move on from here now.....shall we?

I now return the rest of you to your regularly scheduled thread.[8D]
Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
speedjr8

Just purchased a Volcano STX from Anthony's Hobby Shop in Myrtle Beach, SC. Been wanting a decent rc but most wer real expensive. Saw some red cats for sale on ebay with a decent price so I figured why not. I have been looking for the past 3 months at diff. forums, cars, associate, traxxas, you name it i've checked it out. But in this forum after all the negativity about the cars, and reading what Darin, and his company are doing to fix the problem inspired me even more. Like I said i'm a new rc owner but have drove plenty in my life. My brother has a traxxas rustler,(nice but not my cup o' tea),and my cousin has an associate gt monster, also not quite what I had in mind. Can't wait for my volcano to come in so I can rough it up with my friends. I bought this car solely, because I believe this is going to be the next big name in r/c's once the bugs are out. I know if I need any help Red Cat will be there. Thanks for all the tips i've been reading for the past couple of weeks i've learned alot. Just can't wait to use what i've learned.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:59 AM
rczero21

HEY EVERY ONE. I AM A REDCAT RACING DEALER I SELL THE REDCAT RACING PRODUCTS ONLINE. I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO VIEW MY NEW WEB SITE. AT THIS SITE YOU CAN PURCHASE ALL REDCAT RACING MODELS
LIGHTNING VX.16
TORNADO XL
TORNADO XP
HURRICAN XL 1/8
HURRICANE XP1/8
VOLCANO STX MONSTER TRUCK
I CAN GET ANY PART THAT YOU NEED ALSO. AS OF RIGHT NOW I AM IN THE PROCCESS OF LISTING THEM ALL ON THE SITE BUT YOU CAN USE THE E MAIL ME LINK TO SEND ME WHAT PARTS YOU NEED AND I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU WITHIN THE DAY WITH PRICE.
SO PLEASE VISIT MY REDCAT RACING SALES SITE AT

www.home.earthlink.net/~rczero21/
just copy and paste

THANK YOU
JERRY D---
REDCAT DEALER
Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
speedjr8

Could I get a list of the aftermarket products that will work with the Volcano stx. Like different colored wheels, aluminum upgrades etc. I would appreciate it.[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 08:03 AM
naviuk

Hi All,

I wanted to know if i could get some help, I recently got a Himoto Eldorado 1:10 truck, Running great in run in, i have done about 6 tanks and today leaned up the mixture in order to do some finer tuning as i think it has run in enough, it has a very snappy response but i have one problem, When pulling full throttle it goes for a few meters then cuts out, Now i'm new to thses cars and from what i know on normal cars (I had a 1970 beetle) it normals means it's flooding... I have gone from initial settings to 1 full turn down(in) on the high speed needle and this seem to make to rev alittle more(understandable), Have any of you had this problem? I can;t figure out wether it is too much fuel or i did notice on the fetures it has a overloading protector... would this cause this issue? otheriwse the truck moves with a mission but anything going 3/4 and up it dies... Please help, I'm open to any suggestions, Granted i haven't had much time to do trial and error on leaning out some more and then richening it up and seeing what happens.. i'm really worried about breaking it, any help would be much appreciated.
-the last thing, how did you guys run the fuel pipe to clear the gear? around the tank?

Thanks
Pierre
Old 02-18-2006, 09:01 AM
djmarc

maybe i missed someting in the 20 some pages here so ill need to ask this question. Does ANYONE know where to find parts for the Himoto Eldorada without having to wait 2 weeks for shipping!!!! I bought the truck but im REALLY upset that i need to wait 2 weeks for parts[]. i am new at this so i wreck quite often and it would help me a great deal to find somewhere with a 3-5 day shipping service. Thanxs alot to all that can help
Old 02-18-2006, 09:25 AM
naviuk

Hi,

There are a few sites, the one i use is in Hong Kong, www.exportpro.biz, They really good and parts are about 4 days maybe less depending... give them a try... i had my car a few days and smashed it into a car wheel, not my finest moment but alas it broke the back left wishbone effort 02013 they sent parts and at a reasonable price very quickly, i think i paid £12.50 for 2 sets for the rear one set for the front and postage...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

BTW, have you experienced the problem i'm having? seeing as you have the same truck, the problem with Full throttle.
email me on [email protected]
Old 02-19-2006, 07:03 PM
gigemags1155

Would this truck be considered a Monster Truck at most tracks?? I am thinking of getting one but I don't know if this is a Monster Truck or not. At my local track they run Monster Truck and Monster Truck Unlimited which is like the truggy/ Hellfire 1/8 version. Thanks in advance
Old 02-19-2006, 07:47 PM
naviuk

If the question is will a Himoto 1:10 Monster truck be classified as Monster truck, I honestly cannot see why not, Possibly look up the law on raceing and see if there are any special size requirements, But i suspect that it's solid as a Monster Truck it would be classified as one....
Old 02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
kosty83

Does anybody know why everytime i pull my pullstart it will only go back in if i turn the clutch.
thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Xeller8

Sounds like the recoil spring is broken.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
wildwilly

i thought i might let anyone interested know that i broke the steering arm on my volcano, and i was able to use the steering arm off my tamiya tl-01 chassis. Parts for this car are easily found in pretty much any hobby shop ive been to. It fits ok but i did have to file a tiny bit off it so the wheels could turn to full lock. The only problem is the wheel is out a tiny bit further but i can hardly notice it and it hasnt affected the handling. Thought this might be an easier alternative for some people instead of ordering new ones, plus these ones are a lot stronger than the redcat ones.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:28 PM
mikedumas
My Feedback: (20)

hello all im mike and i am a dealer for himoto,redcat and smartec cars. i can get all parts very cheaply and also the cars as well. let me know if any one needs anything. my shop is located in georgia, and i ship daily! -mike
Old 02-22-2006, 07:19 AM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wildwilly-
Are you talking about the lower "A" arms? If yes do you know a part #?
This is a great find for me as I'm still waitng for replacement parts to ship

Mike in Jonesboro- I'm in Marietta- PM me your # if you have parts in stock. (not available but on the shelf)
ORIGINAL: wildwilly

i thought i might let anyone interested know that i broke the steering arm on my volcano, and i was able to use the steering arm off my tamiya tl-01 chassis. Parts for this car are easily found in pretty much any hobby shop ive been to. It fits ok but i did have to file a tiny bit off it so the wheels could turn to full lock. The only problem is the wheel is out a tiny bit further but i can hardly notice it and it hasnt affected the handling. Thought this might be an easier alternative for some people instead of ordering new ones, plus these ones are a lot stronger than the redcat ones.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:38 AM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will these arms work on a 1/10 buggy?
http://www.megatech.com/tamiya_tl01.html
Old 02-22-2006, 03:29 PM
djmarc

heard alot of peep talking about alum. parts was told they r on the way soon . truck was broke waited 2 weeks fixed it broke again (vicious cycle[>:]) .

anyone in northeast pennsylvania pm me so i dont feel like the only one in the area with these
Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

whats breaking and why.. if your smashing into things.. all things break... give us more info..
Old 02-22-2006, 08:46 PM
wildwilly

ORIGINAL: shamelessbill

Wildwilly-
Are you talking about the lower "A" arms? If yes do you know a part #?
This is a great find for me as I'm still waitng for replacement parts to ship

Mike in Jonesboro- I'm in Marietta- PM me your # if you have parts in stock. (not available but on the shelf)
ORIGINAL: wildwilly

I Think its part B9
I also forgot to mention you will need the wheel axle (part MB12) aswell because the redcat one isnt long enough.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 AM
rczero21

HEY EVERYONE MY NAME IS JERRY DOWNHOUR I AM A REDCAT RACING DEALER. I SELL REDCAT RACING RC CARS ON THE INTERNET. I SELL ALL THE MODELS FROM THE 1/10TH TO THE 1/8TH AT THE LOWEST PRICES ON THE INTERNET. I ALSO SELL ALL PARTS FOR ALL MODELS AT A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES/ SHIPPING ON ALL PARTS ORDERS IS ONLY $5.00 PER ORDER NOT PER PART. I HAVE RECENTLY LOWERED PRICES ON ALL MODELS SO PLEASE GO CHECK THEM OUT. IF YOU NEED ANY PARTS PLEASE E MAIL ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL E-MAIL YOU BACK TO LET YOU KNOW THE PRICE OF THE PART.

SO HERE IS THE URL TO FIND THE LOWEST PRICES ON REDCAT RACING NITRO CARS TRUCKS BUGGIES AND PARTS

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rczero21/id1.html

IF YOU CAN NOT CLICK ON THE LINK PLEASE COPY AND PASTE

REMEMBER THESE ARE THE LOWEST PRICES ON REDCAT NITRO RC CARS PERIOD...
Old 02-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Xeller8

*post edited due to the spammer being removed*

Old 02-23-2006, 07:07 AM
naviuk

Hi All

I have got a very annoy problem and need some help please

The two screws that hold the manifold onto the motor managed to shake loose and are gone! i have looked on a spares list and am unable to find one or any for that matter, There are few and far between hardware stores in UK and they are not very helpful, Please if you have or know what part i must get please email me on [email protected]

THANKS

Oh, it's for the 1:10 Himoto Eldorado Monster Truck with a 0.18 Motor with stock exhaust, only had the truck a few weeks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.