Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:37 AM
naviuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hey ScottHarp

I would have to agree with entity here, Redcat racing is FAR more expensive then anyone else and they seel exactly the same
parts, do yourself a favoutr and go to a site called, www.exportpro.biz and look at the price of spares under car_g027 here's
the link incase you get it wrong http://www.exportpro.biz/index.php?p...e_part&select= compare the prices
on there to the ones Redcat offer and you will see the meaning of "Stroking", Just and example, The common Front bits that
break, for a set of C-Brackets and Steerling links from Exportpro you looking at $6 for the 4 items excluding shipping, and
at redcat for the exact same parts with a different label you looking at possible double that, I might be slightly wrong on the double amount but i can guarentee you it's alot more, i wanted to check but the site is not running 100%

Exportpro are pretty good, they have a 24 hours response time, quick paypal payment and 3-4 days later you get the parts in
the post, i haven't had a problem with them yet and i hope not to, There is the otherside that redcat is offering alloy parts
soon but so will everyone else... I presonally haven't dealt with redcat but from what i have read up above it leaves alot to
be desired... maybe work on getting some competitive prices and you'll see a attitude improvement,

Cheers
Old 03-05-2006, 11:55 AM
ScottHarp

Here is what I found. I looked at the export-pro site a while back and priced a kit with shipping here to the US.

Bazooka 1/8 car Export-pro Biz price $359.99USD plus $60.00 shipping = $419.99 total. Price for this kit, in my shop is MSRP $369.99 - discount. I will not put that here but I assure you it is less than the $419.99 from Export-pro. It is not as low as the e-bay guys that are just pushing these things to make a quick buck. I have a shop that must make a profit to stay open. It is not feasible for us to sell a kit to make just a 3 or 4 percent profit, hard to keep the lights on at that low rate. You will also find that most LHS will offer technical assistance, and support. we pride ourselves on the level of customer support we provide at our shop. This in turn brings us many repeat customers as well as new customer from the word of mouth from our current customers. Sorry I digress.

Parts

From Export-pro Part number 81011 $17.50USD (plus shipping, I do not know what shipping would run on this)

From Redcat Part number 81011 $24.99 plus shipping. Yes that is higher.

From SMM Part number 81011 MSRP $24.99 - 20% = $19.99 + shipping. What do ya bet is cost less for me to ship it to you here in the US than it costs to ship it from overseas? But if you buy from me and spend $50 or more in parts your shipping is FREE!!

My point is go to the Trinity site and purchase a car, batteries, motors, dyno or anything from them. It WILL BE AT FULL RETAIL. Go to a LHS or an on-line dealer, not just some box-pusher, and you will almost always get a discount.

Also if Redcat really wanted to sell them to the general public CHEAP, don't you think they could? They are importing the stuff for goodness sakes. It would be VERY EASY for them to cut the throats of the dealers and underprice them.

Here is another example of MSRP. Look at any Team Associated car. Look at the side. The MSRP on a car is outrageous. Has anyone ever paid that for a TA car? No. It is all to set up discounts down the line from the manufacturer, to the distributors, to retailers and to the customers
Old 03-05-2006, 12:21 PM
naviuk

Hey ScottHarp

I agree with you when you say you need to keep your doors open, just like everyone else in the world we got bills to pay, rent/morgage among other things like kids etc, In the same light we also got to keep our roofs over our heads so payig a extra $20 or whatever the amount is for a item just seems stupid to say the least... I wasn't refering to your profit margin when i replied i was showing you what the word "Strokeing" means... I think you have caught onto the meaning as you showed it in your reply

As for Discounts etc, when you shop online, unless the discount is showen or advertised you not going to know about it, I know from my experience before i bought my Himoto that i shopped high and low and then back up again to find the best deal and also to fit in my budget, I read reviews and tried to find out as much as i could and then eventually found one on "Box Pushing" Ebay. I Live in London so Shipping costs is a big concern to me, i'm orginally from South Africa and will be going back shortly so again shipping is even more important as the Rand against the Dollar/pound is lacking. When i order parts in the future Rand to Dollar is roughly 7 - 1 so a extra $9 would be a extra R50 add that up on a part order of 10 parts and you can see where i'm going with this.

I'm sure you guys do offer great Customer service and i can't say otherwise as i haven't personally had any dealings with you, maybe when i need parts again as i do now i'll drop you a line and give a honest opnion, But from what i have read about Redcat i think i'll try my best to keep to other sources.

Basically at the end of the day, the shopper is going to go to the cheapest place to get the same product, why pay more then you have to, there are times when spending alittle extra would bring piece of mind but i think this is not one of them.

Just for argument sake, i'm currently waiting on a price for parts... what would be your best price including shipping to me in London for the following...
02014 - 1 set
02015 - 2 sets
08029 - 1 set

Thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 12:36 PM
ScottHarp

naviuk -- I too see your point and thank you for being open minded in seeing mine.

Shipping to London?? I HAVE GONE INTERNATIONAL!!! I guess that is only funny if you remember the UPS commercials.

As far as price, the conversion factors is a real killer at times. We were in the pocketbike biz for a while and the Euro/Pound to US dollar was a killer. It really has driven up prices for those items here.

On the parts:

02014 x 1 (MSRP $10.99) our price $8.79
02015 x 2 (MSRP $10.99x2) our price $17.58
08029 x 1 (MSRP $5.99) Our price $ 4.79
Old 03-05-2006, 12:58 PM
jeeperscreapers

Try out topspeedtoys.com thats where i bought my 02014 and 02015..... they dont have a lot of stuff in stock but they do have these in stock!!!! they cost 4.99 each ... i bought those 2 and 1 other item and it was like $3 shipping for them all....
Old 03-05-2006, 01:20 PM
ScottHarp

WOW 4.99 each. That is a good price.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:26 PM
naviuk

Thanks jeeperscreapers
that is a good site - also has a repair manual....

I wanted to know from all the pro's out there, this might be a silly question but i think maybe some people will also want to know the answer..., i Have the 1/10 himoto eldorado single speed, is ti possible for me to make it a 2 speed, what are the pro's and the cons, as i recently realised after watching a video, the sites show you the 2 speed version and not the single speed, alittle false advertising but harmless i guess...

Is it possible to make my current truck a 2speed....
is it opssible to buy the 2speed box for the pro and slap it on the normal one?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:27 PM
jatkinson24

Great website!! Thanks for the info jeepers!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Hey guys. Like i said.. i'm not in the himoto biz to make money.. but.. if you want those same part numbers there only 3.00 a pair.. and about 5 bucks shipping.. but the more you order at these cheap prices.. you won't pay much more in shipping soooooo it ends up cheaper in the long run.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:53 PM
futabaed

i would also like to know if this swap would work Anyone?

ORIGINAL: naviuk

Thanks jeeperscreapers
that is a good site - also has a repair manual....

I wanted to know from all the pro's out there, this might be a silly question but i think maybe some people will also want to know the answer..., i Have the 1/10 himoto eldorado single speed, is ti possible for me to make it a 2 speed, what are the pro's and the cons, as i recently realised after watching a video, the sites show you the 2 speed version and not the single speed, alittle false advertising but harmless i guess...

Is it possible to make my current truck a 2speed....
is it opssible to buy the 2speed box for the pro and slap it on the normal one?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:56 PM
entity
Banned

I personally think it should work fine.. you may have to change hubs, and spur gear.. but the rest should bolt up with no problem.. As long as it's the same frame and set up.. should be good to go.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:33 PM
thecool1

ORIGINAL: Xeller8

"Thecool1"....Read the tuning help thread.
so no one is gonna help a new guy out? where is this tuning thread? i havnt seen it.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
jeeperscreapers

I think the actual tuning help thread is labeled with HELP or PLZ HELP not tuning... I think their is several of them
Old 03-05-2006, 03:18 PM
entity
Banned

well way in the beggining. i suggested a yahoo group to be made and we can chat and post there.. so far with some of the guys i've helped out via the net.. It's worked.. So...Anyone interested?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
thecool1

ill do it. i need all the help i can get.

another question for you guys.
i broke the steering arm on my truck. so i was taking it apart to repair it and i saw this little piece. i looked through the parts list and it looks like the steering liner. where does this go? i could not figure it out.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:15 PM
entity
Banned

well here is my yahoo i'm.. I work best with pics. soo digi cam would be good.. [email protected] I'm online most of the day.. I sell trade and buy r/c vehicles and real street legal scooters.. so give me a buzz.. Thanks. Ronnie.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Connormon

Hi, i was just curious if you could by stiffer shocks, or just plain out better ones for the 1/10 HiMoto Eldorada, and if anyone knows of any other after market parts.. steel exhaust pipe etc. that'd be great

Thanks

Also i just skimmed through and saw mention of the exportpro.biz site, and i will add that parts are cheap, but customer service is cheap as well. Don't expect to get much of an answer for any questions you send them

EX: i had asked them if they could exchange my car just outta curiosity (stupid i know), and their answer was: upgraded parts sometime in march.

but no complaints, i still am satisfied the parts price
Old 03-05-2006, 04:34 PM
naviuk

Hi Connormon

Export does have a little slow response time BUT, it falls exactly in place according to their email... they say allow 48 hours for response... it used to be 24 but since the numbers have increased they have since had to prolong it slightly, it also clearly states once you got the car and no damage to it from shipping then it's yours... so i'm not to surprised they didn't answer your exchange question...

i also asked them about upgrades and they said early march so you can bet i'm sitting here like a cat on a hot tin roof, after letting friends drive my truck(dumb move) i need alloy parts to keep my truck in one piece...

Cheers
Old 03-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Connormon

ORIGINAL: thecool1

hey guys. im new to rc trucks. so i bought the himoto eldorada. i didnt want to invest a huge amount of money until i decide i like it enough. anyway. i get my truck started and if im holding it in the air it will run..wheels are moving..i assuming this is because of the idle speed? anyway...when i set it down, it shuts off. whats the problem? how do i fix this. also should i let the truck warm up for a bit when i start it? do i need to leave the glow plug warmer on while im starting? im sorry. lots of questions. thanks for the help.
Thecool1: it might have something to do with your idle speed, just try adjusting the idle screw (note: use small turn increments) and if you don't wanna do that, adjust the needle on your controller

if that doesnt help at all, then i cant think of anything else at this moment
Old 03-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Connormon

ORIGINAL: naviuk

Hi Connormon

Export does have a little slow response time BUT, it falls exactly in place according to their email... they say allow 48 hours for response... it used to be 24 but since the numbers have increased they have since had to prolong it slightly, it also clearly states once you got the car and no damage to it from shipping then it's yours... so i'm not to surprised they didn't answer your exchange question...

i also asked them about upgrades and they said early march so you can bet i'm sitting here like a cat on a hot tin roof, after letting friends drive my truck(dumb move) i need alloy parts to keep my truck in one piece...

Cheers
haha yeah. i too learned the hard way with friends, after 3 months in the shop i am awaiting a Tiger drive this week, yeah they still havnt gotten any upgrade parts for the 1/10's but only for the 1/8's and I'm anxious, as are you

I'm not whining about them not exchanging the cars, i know they clearly stated it, but i was just curious. i owuld have been perfectly satisfied with No as an answer, it was just funny to me that they said that, having nothing to do with my question.

Anyway i could still use advice or statements about aftermarket parts or the HiMoto Eldorada
Old 03-05-2006, 04:45 PM
naviuk

Hahaha, yeah you know you say, "keep it slow and get used to the truck first" and you turn your back and all you hear is the sweet zing of the motor followed by a loud THUD and then the "ummm... ooppsss sorry, it was ment to turn right but turned left but i promise i pushed right..." well that doesn;t help when the truck IS FACING YOU!!!! Oh well you live and learn
Now i have made it like a proper car, NO ONE DRIVES IT, unless you pay for repairs.. i know it's harsh but i get over repairing the damn thing when i'm not the one breaking it AND i foot the bill....

The sooner those alloys come the sooner i can put the apoxy away

I understand you not complaining, I was just mearly setting the record straight for other readers who don;t know that info...
Yeah they do seem to have some weird answers but there again, english ain't their first language

Old 03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
jeeperscreapers

apoxy 4 the win!!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Connormon

yeah first it was the curb...
then my bro's friend pulled the pull starter too far..his appology: Dude this happens all the time....only if your stupid enough to pull it too far..

but anyway yeah as afar as footing the bill..50 bucks later im hoping it will start when this part comes in.
I too wont let a single person touch my car unless they plan on buying what there about to break.

since those experiences i HIGHLY reccomend all those new drivers out there to keep it to themselves and as stated earlier they drive, they pay.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:15 PM
entity
Banned

oh well. so much for the chatroom..lol.. some of you newbs need to get your stuff together. and not be so macho when i comes to learning.. I know.. your probably 20 years old or younger and it's you first nitro.. But let the guys and gals that have been doing this for years teach yah some things.. Otherwise.. Please send my your trucks and i'll get em running top notch for yah..
Old 03-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Connormon

uh....no comment but if you would like to help me with finding after market parts for the Eldorada it would me much apreciated

after that comment good luck with finding people to send in there trucks to you. Live and Learn..im sure they can do it themselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.