Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:22 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

read my post "A NOTE ABOUT REDCAT SUPPORT" It's not very good.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: OUTRNNR

If I hadn't have expressed my problems on this forum, I would still be wondering what the hell was going on, and I really would've been piss*d if another 2 weeks went by without getting my parts. So, Thank You Darin for following up on the matter.
Hence the reason I asked if you CALLED...

I agree that e-mail should be just as quick for response time...however I have found that NOT to be the case with MANY companies I deal with...if there is a phone number available that is usually the first route "I" will go as I have found it to be a much faster response time when you actually get a LIVE person on the phone....too many people and too many companies in ANY industry have become way to reliant on e-mail and automation....

I'll take a live person over that crap ANY day.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

yeah.. blah blah blah.. I'm saying redcat. is nuts.. and i understand they have to keep the lights on. but. If i remember correctly they have this huge wharehouse. etc.. And you think there doing this with just these machines.. I really don't think so.. I say it's time to start a new thread. and let redcat melt..
Old 03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
jeeperscreapers

I have a question!!!! hehe . What happens if you run your r/c without the clutch spring??? also once i order my replacement..... how does it hook up, does the spring just wrap around and attach back to itself???? also does the clutch spring effect changing from 1st to 2nd gear???
Old 03-06-2006, 10:03 PM
blackdogafd

well i guess its a good thing that i never went redcat lol... i did check their website and the parts are not cheap but whatever, i'll take my luck with topspeedtoysand see how they do and i'll re-post afteri deal with that, but anyway i'm all for a new post, maybe something that doesnt have redcat in the title.....lol..
Old 03-06-2006, 10:08 PM
N3W2R/C

ya, i took my clutch apart and the spring attaches to itself, if you run it w/ out the clutch spring the car or truck wont idle in a stand still it will always be engaged and will always keep rolling and not sit still. the clutch spring on mine broke so i just bent the end of the clutch spring and re attached it and it works just fine. i dont know if it affects the shifting of gears i would think sao some how i also knw it has something to do with centrypital force to shift gears

there's my 2 cents, if i am wrong anyone correct me

Thanks
Logan
Old 03-06-2006, 10:13 PM
N3W2R/C

does anyone know where you can buy another gasget for the muffler to fit onto the engin? can you make one? out of what material? help!!

Thanks
Logan
Old 03-06-2006, 10:19 PM
jeeperscreapers

does neone know which of the two screws on the transmision actually adjusts the shift time???
Old 03-06-2006, 10:19 PM
ehroof

just goto a local autoparts store and by a sheet of gasket material, trace the outline of what you need and bam, your done
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 PM
jeeperscreapers

ok the spring i found was underneat the round metal thing actually connected to the motor with 2 gears on it........ im looking in the manual and it says the clutch is inside of the black box that connects the front and rear axles with the plastic gears in it?????
Old 03-06-2006, 10:29 PM
ehroof

the clutch shoes are underneath the bell (round metal thing). this has nothing to do with the shifting of the 2 speed trans, this is located under the black box.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 PM
jeeperscreapers

OK!!!! hehe so all the spring does thats broke is allow it to idle in neutral without the wheels spinning ???? and i need to adjust BOTH of those screws we talked about a little at a time to work on my shifting ??
Old 03-06-2006, 10:35 PM
blackdogafd

thats a good way to describe your problem there jeepers...lol can anyone here help him out cause i havent a clue either. well being a newbie and all....lol... good luck jeepers..

hey check out my pictuers in my profile cause i put some before and after pics of my buggy when is crashed... not to much damage just broke the front lower arm..opps!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:35 PM
ehroof

exactly, all the clutch does is engage the gears, the faster the motor turns the more the clutch shoes expand(spring tension). inside the black box gears is kinda the same the faster the gears turn they move and let it shift.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:37 PM
ehroof

you will need to put the spring back on otherwise it wont be able to idle and sit still and most likely stall on you. if you can put the spring back on some way, stretch it and wrap it around the clutch shoes.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 PM
jeeperscreapers

yea i stretched it alright...... it'l wrap around twice now lollololol but i already bought one from topspeedtoys.... which my last 3 parts were 2 day shipping so we'l c how this order goes.... but i ran it all day today with that spring broke and pretty much have it tuned in to the point that i dont need it... it was stallin when i put on the brakes but i got that adjusted, so now i'm scared if i put that spring back on its gonna throw my tuning back outta wack lol
Old 03-06-2006, 10:45 PM
ehroof

if its tuned good, it shouldnt affect it, only the low end needle maybe. use a rubberband for temporary use if you want. should work for a while, just dont wrap it too tooo tight, but tight enough so when it spins the clutch shoes grab(extend)
Old 03-06-2006, 10:55 PM
blackdogafd

he i do have a question my buddy is interested in buying the himoto syclone like mine is there way to get it to have a different frequency for it cause mine came with a 27mhz and he wants to make sure that his is not the same, or is there a way to change it when it comes in???

HIMOTO Syclone 1/10th buggy/ "Ya gotta love nitro!!"
Old 03-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Xeller8

You can get different crystals with different frequencies...either order them on-line or go to your local hobby store.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:00 PM
ehroof

you can change the freqeucy crystals on the transmitter and reciever in the car, just buy a new set, it can be 27mhz, the next 3 numbers is what makes the difference like 27.125 and 27.670 can race together.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:01 PM
N3W2R/C

ok thanks ehroof

Logan
Old 03-06-2006, 11:08 PM
blackdogafd

ok cool thanks guys. i'll let my buddy know than, cause he is going to be a newbie as well, so he can use all the help he can get. i'll make he comes online with us so can get advice when he needs it....
Old 03-07-2006, 12:01 AM
carfanatic222

Today My Volcano STX Erupted
I took my Volcano STX out of it's box,looked it over really well checking for loose screws or anything that could be missing or anything that didn't belong.I then forced my ant wire though the protector,after putting the batteries in the batt box.Put in some 10% nitro in the tank,and attemted to pull the engine over.It was really tight,so tight that it felt defective.
I put a few drops of fuel in the carb,and turned the engine with my finger, because I was afraid I'd Break the rope. the more I turned it over the better it felt.The I set the idle screw
to where I felt it would start.Placed my finger over the throat of the carb and pulled the rope about five times.Place the glow plug igniter on the glow plug and tried to start it up.
Finally it starts up,and after a little trimming the truck just sat there purring like a
Red Cat...Then I took it for a few warm up passes,gradually working up the throttle.
It really was running sweet the all of the sudden it just shut off...one tank of fuel.
Checked it out real good filled the tank and off we go again. This time I was trying to get a little more speed out of it with out adjusting the fuel mixture screw.
This is a fast truck even on 10% it will roll.When I run this gallon out I am going to 20%
and I'm pretty sure the Volcano STX will do some impressive speeds...
it already wants to fly
Old 03-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Xeller8

If you haven't already seen it or done it....I highly recommend this method of break in...you will be glad you did.

http://www.rbmods.net/enginetempering.php

Have FUN!!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:43 AM
thecool1

WOW i gotta say. top speed toys is awesome. i made an order sunday..and then another monday cause i broke something else. so i emailed and asked how long it usually takes for shipping. and he said about 3 days. and he said he was gonna credit me back the shipping charge on my second order. what a nice guy. fast response. i recommend getting parts through him.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.