Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:23 PM
shadymarkny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Does anyone know where you can get the rear alum hub from?? I don't think MT-2 has it..
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email entity, he is redcats new email support, he might know the answer, look how he answered my question above. LOL[:'(]
Old 04-19-2006, 07:29 PM
AJsToyz

Ehroof !! Your turning green ! Oh no !! Redcat ? Dead cat ? No cat !! LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 07:43 PM
ehroof

LOL, DEADCAT RACING, How funny is that.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:19 PM
cocheese

LOL, Deadcat.... LMAO... You guys crack me up. All these cheap plastic parts breaking and dogbones rusting, Redcat Racing could be a country song... LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 08:24 PM
ehroof

not to mention the expensive aluminum and great tech support and the new smart ***** email support.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:27 PM
chopper22980

There's a tear in my beer cause I jumped my rc and broke something in the rear.Hows that for the first line for the country song?LOL.....
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
ehroof

deadcat, deadcat, my redcat is now a stripped gear deadcat.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:58 PM
ScottHarp

WOW you guys are HARSH!!

I full well understand the problems with the truck, but do you REALLY think that this is the way to go about things?

Just something to think about.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:08 PM
ehroof

did you read the post that the new email support guy entity gave me above??? I have had it with this company, i tried to be patient, but enough is enough, they never answered my stripped gear post, its been almost a week. I try to help everyone out when they need it here, i dont need to be belittled by a fool like him, i have more knowledge of this hobby in my pinky and have spent more money on it then he ever will. Sorry guys but i realize some of you have faith in this whole situation but i have had enough, i only really come here to help some people out, i think i am pretty cool to most of you, but some of the people here just plain stink. I have yet seen redcat do any support here, this forum is just a marketing ploy and being used to see how to market their product. No support given here except by people like me who dont work for redcat.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
cocheese

The way I look at it. When parts in these things break, don't replace them with redcat parts... the plastic ones will just break again and the aluminum ones are too expensive. Yea, you may have to modify the hell out of it, but less breakage after you are done...
but then again, I havn't done much as far as upgrades yet, so what do I know
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 PM
ScottHarp

I agree with you.

I too have given support, look back. I even offered to send some kid a radio setup when Redcat was slow in responding to him. I do NOT WORK FOR REDCAT, I work for Scooter's Mini MotorSports, which I own. We are a Redcat dealer along with BRP and anything Oval related. I have spent a HUGE FORTUNE on R/C in the past, who knows our paths may have crossed if you ever did any Oval Racing back in the 90's.

YOU DO NOT deserve to be bashed and entity does come on a bit strong. Me, I have never dealt with him. The only support I have needed is parts, the rest I can and will do on my own.

I have and will post our shop number again 205-661-9546, Saturday is the best day to catch us, but be patient we are usually very busy on Saturdays.

I also full well understand most of the buyers frustrations with the "lack of support" directly from Redcat. This is EXACTLY where the "dealers" are supposed to pick up the slack. I know Chubbysdad and myself have tried, but to be honest I can count the calls and emails I have gotten on one hand. Most of the emails were for prices, I emaild back and got no sales off of them. My prices were inline with what Redcat was chargeing at the time and then they dropped the prices to what the other sites were charging. No biggie.

As far as RC being a "force" in the R/C world, that will take a ton of work and time on their part. Traxxas started out much the same way as Redcat has. I was working in the R/C market when Traxxas had their first big push at the holiday season. After Christmas morning it was MArch at least until we got parts. Fast foward to today, they have their game together and are a FORCE in the R/C world.

As far as why some of these trucks are breaking like they are. I HAVE NO FRIGGIN IDEA!!! I have one and have broken NOTHING on it. The radio is garbage and seriously needs to be upgraded in future kits. This I have mentioned to RC, will this fall on deaf ears? Only time will tell. Darin did respond to me and adjusted the prices on the new parts for the Volcano.

The Volcano is WEAK. I also have the Hurricane and have impressed people at out local track with it. It is a very adjustable buggy and VERY FAST.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
ScottHarp

As far as the pricing things. What parts are you guys saying are too expensive. The upgrade parts, which ones?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:30 PM
DiTi

I have done some mods... at least I tried.
...I kinda regreted it
I could have bought an awesome truck with the money I have spent so far...a Revo perhaps (not exagerating here)
...then again, it has been alot of fun trying to "survive" and overcome all the dificulties, but at the end of the story the bill is too heavy for the crap you have to deal with all the time...
maybe redcat racing will someday become a descent brand. Great! I am just sorry for my bad timing.
I'll just save money for a real truck next year...
now I know

no pain no gain I guess
Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 PM
ehroof

My real gripe is, redcat has no support, i and others like me are their support, dont get me wrong i dont mind helping anyone out but if you see i am asking you a question, and not just on the forum also email and pm'd him thru this site and didnt get a reply. I just wanted to know if darin or redcat had any information on the stripped gear problem. Then this halfwit comes on here with his moronic answers to me a boasts how he will be redcats email support and if i am not nice to him he wont help me??? Great choice on your support redcat, he should make your business much better!!!! Your better off shipping your products with a knife then letting this guy help people under your name.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
ScottHarp

Darin is in China right now, he is also the Prez of the company. Is this some sort of excuse for him? NO. RC should have SOMEONE answering this board and "official rep" of the company, someone on the payroll.

I will agree, entity handled himself poorly. As a retailer you cannot threaten your customers with no support if you do not like them. I have people come in the shop all the time that I do not particularly like to see, but they spend their hard earned money so I deal with it. My favorites are the constant "how fast does it go?" I sometime replay with 100MPH just to see if they are listening. You should see their mouths drop open when they are asking that about a SCOOTER!!!! LOL!!!

I do get your beef, REALLY I DO.

But I have seen RC go from a tiny company to a huge one in only a little over 2 years. They are still feeling the growing pains. Still I am not making excuses just offering reasons.

Just so all of you know, I am here to help. It is easier for me to answer e-mails or phone calls seeing as I cannot monitor the boards full time.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
AJsToyz

Actualy I've got childrens songs in my house and I'm doing Redcat rymes !! LOL

what was that song .. say say say dear friend

My Redcats Broken
Its sitting on the floor
It just won't run no more
Its gonna make me poor

I want a new ride
One that won't puke die
One that won't make me cry
So I can play outside ...

Ok , thats enough
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 PM
AJsToyz

Scott, I actually thought about the dealer thing , but I could not sell this product the way it is. From what I hear the Hurricane is a really good product, but the others leave much to be desired. I also would not want to be the one trying to explain why this thing is even being sold with such poor quality. There is really no excuse for it.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
ehroof

listen bro, you sound like a nice guy and i have no problem with you. Darin makes is sound as though he is supposed to answer the problems. Why do we need to know he is going to china, i dont tell my clients and customers if i am going away, i too am a president of my own corp. I know that he's in china, just dont know if he knows why the spur gears are stripping, he was quick enough to reply to the high prices on the aluminum and fix it, i think it was because he knew he was loosing $$$$ since no one was going to buy them until the prices were lowered of fixed, people were going elsewhere for the aluminum parts but he couldnt answer the gear stipping posts because anyone who has this problem will have to buy redcat gears since no other ones will fit them, believe me i checked every spur gear at my lhs!!!!!!!!! And thanks for agreeing with me about the reply i got from ENTITY, if it was treated any poorer, the welfare check would have been mailed out.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:14 PM
ScottHarp

I was a dealer before the RC deal. I have the ATV's in the shop. The R/C deal was some cool things to have as well.

On a scale of 1-10 the truck is a 2. Most of them anyway. The only thing I can guess is quality control. The Chinese are very hard to deal with on this level. Especially if you are not the "exclusive" buyer.

The Hurricane is a 9, no such thing as a 10.

I am not here to offer excuses for RC, only offer my support for those that have purchase these.

As far as telling your customers where you are going, I was merely pointing out the reason for Darins slow response. The pricing was an EASY fix compared to parts breakage. A few clicks and WAA-LAA pricing fixed. Not so easy with bad parts. Hopefully there will be metal gears in the works soon for the Volcano.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:24 PM
shadymarkny

I hear you on thr truck part man. I should of gotten the Hurrican like I was supposed at first but I went for the truck at the end. After all.. I might as well love mine cuz I already spent all this loot, But if I could take it back.. I totally would man. I rather spend more and get one of those HPI Revo.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:42 PM
cgoodlet

Yea, broke both sides (different times) glued em with a loctite product and layed on some 2 part apoxy, seems to be holding so far.
ORIGINAL: cocheese

Have you guys all broke rear hubs on these trucks? Should I just buy the same redcat hubs again or look for something else. I found some traxxas rear hubs at my lhs that look like they will work with minimal mods. I thought I read about these breaking way earlier in this forum. I hope they make some aluminum ones soon. Oh yea, that is sweet that they fixed the price on the aluminum parts (I was getting ready to sell this thing after seeing that... but I don't give up that easy. Oh well, I would appreciate any suggestions. You guys are all great, this forum really helps... We should all meet at my house to do some grilling and bashing (The hot chick next door has a pool and she has hot friends too... LOL.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
jcam54

WHATS UP ALL!!!???!!!

Man I've been away for a while and look at all this....6-7 pages of posts to read!!!! My eyes are already hurting!! LOL!

Like I've posted before I'll get the pics of the new tire/wheel combo as soon as I get around to fixing the truck after my last diver induced thrashing...oh-yeah and find where my wife hid the digi-cam.

Goodluck to all and keep bashin em and wrenchin!!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 PM
cgoodlet

Ok, I am trying to find some new shocks for my truck (the current oil filled shocks have become unfilled due to bad shaft seals) The ones on the truck use an internal retainer (six point spring clip) to hold the shaft seals in place and it does not seem to be rebuildable. Traxxas seems to be the closest match, but when net shopping I am not sure what style to look for. The overall travel seems to be about 32mm (1 1/4") top pin to bottom pin is about 100mm (4").
There is a ball press in mount at the top and a spherical rod eye at the bottom witch is fastened to the arm with a screw.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:38 PM
DiTi

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3982278/tm.htm
these are T-maxx shocks, minor mods very good performance, cheap set:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFTK5&P=7

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.