Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

yea causes cancer. lol.. if it's so you can make gaskets.. and withstand heat oil. and liquids like a real car. your good to go.. pull off your exhaust manifold. trace it.. mark the holes and punch em out. and your good to go!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Popper252

I don't think asbestos is the right translation, or atleast I hope not. As far as I know asbestos is pretty bad for you. Especially if you breathe in the fibers while cutting it. It's known to cause cancer and other diseases like mesothelioma. So if it is infact asbestos be careful with the stuff. What is the name of the material you used ehroof?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Bananaboat

Guys... Ia friend of mine is in ROCHESTER NY for a few days.... Can someone tell me if there is a good store where she could by me some parts ????

regards,

Bananaboat
1/10 Himoto Eldorada
Old 06-04-2006, 09:32 PM
chubbysuncle

How are you breaking all this stuff dude??? WOW. Are you driving into things? Check out this vid of my son and his Redcat Volcano. Same truck as yours.[link]http://media.putfile.com/Volcano-Bigger-jumps[/link] I know you said parts take awhile for you to get so I guess You should get some spare axles(dogbones). I would buy 1 package each of the bearings. Spare gears and clutchbell. My son has only broken 1 rear C hub so far and I fixed that and put it on the buggy. ( go ahead chuckle Ehroof) I think I read that you got better hubs though. Good luck man. Have fun![8D]
Old 06-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Popper252

Hmm, I think the best way to do it would be to find out where he's staying and see if you can mail the parts there.
Make sure he's staying there for atleast a week though. You don't want the parts to get there after he leaves.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
chubbysuncle

Popper they still use asbestos in S America. You've got to be subjected to the fibers for a long period of time to get bad things to happen to you. Used Motor oil causes cancer but only for the Jiffylube dude that doesn't wear gloves. You shouldn't mess with asbestos though even though it's the Magic Mineral!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Bananaboat

huauhuhauha I haven't broke so many things... just the two front knucles from rinding it on the parking lot of the building I live! but I did some pretty stupid things from not knowing anything about RC !! but I am getting better.... The thing is that, I am really worried with parts.. cause I want to play with the truck and I'm afriad to wait for a long time to get it running again if something brakes.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:50 PM
entity
Banned

send me an money order and you can get a ton of parts shipped.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Popper252

[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-04-2006, 09:53 PM
entity
Banned

asbestos.. is still legal here in the states.. but long term exposure can and i'm saying can ehroof cancer.. just don't be breaking it all up and sniffing it and you will be fine. Fiberglass.. Carbon fiber and even plastics all can cause problems.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM
chubbysuncle

Really????[sm=confused.gif] I'm in the HVAC feild and we haven't been able to use it in 20 yrs. All of our high temp sealant cements and combustion chamber materials are Asbestos Free. Maybe in commercial applications but If I'm not mistaken even brake pads and shoes are asbestos free now. I doubt the average person can purchase a sheet of asbestos gasket material at least not in NJ. High temp ceramic paper type gasket material like we use on burner gaskets maybe.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:08 PM
entity
Banned

yes.. in these type of situations it's legal. I know of hvac and plumbing a codes.. bought a house i rehabed that had it all wrapped up in the pipes etc.. . Living conditions are much more diff. than other conditions.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:16 PM
DiTi

I hope this is not too late...
Yeah, the blue locktight is weaker than the red one BUT.... take it easy with the locktight in general man..... my experience s that more than one very tiny drop of blue locktight gives you a big headache if you decide you want to take that screw off.... I had to drill two screws already... I had to change my engine mounts twice 'cause I didnt learn my lesson :P
Old 06-04-2006, 11:24 PM
entity
Banned

it's not the locktite.. it's that bad hex screws and bad tools.. they strip even without em.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 AM
naviuk

Hi

mmm, i can see things are starting to heat up again, Just to confirm, i went to my local hardware store and picked up a tube of Red Loctite, at the sametime i asked the guy and he confirmed that red is not permanent, it is just stronger then blue and as with ANY loctite you should tap r bank the base of the screw if possible to loosen the loctite alittle and then take it out, we use loctite on most of the bolts in our Rally car and we use the red kind, it doesn;t mean it's never coming out.

banana Boat, i had the same problem, mine came off, i managed to salvage one and then went to the LHS and got one from them, i think they are 3X28 if memory serves me right, i also got some new ones from the hardware stores but the heads aren't as strong as the orignal ones...

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45345.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	472413  
Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
DiTi

good luck[sm=lol.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
12nick12

im a new member here but is the volcano stx a good truck and if something gets screwed up on it could u buy parts and fix it
thanks
Old 06-05-2006, 09:39 PM
12nick12

is the volcano a good truck im just woried that if i screw something up on it i won't be able to fix it because it isn't a truck well known
thanx!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
DiTi

hey, dont worry about it, they are fun trucks! and if something breaks, there are dealers that are very reliable and fast that can help you right away. this forum is the right place to be if you have a volcano. even if you dont have a volcano its a good place to be for a newbie!! alot of helpful people here... take your time and read through the forum, educate yourself on the nitros and specificaly the volcano, shead a tear along with the soapoperas that occur every now and then (what can I say.... we are all a big family with our ups and downs) and you will discover that people are more prejudice and ignorant than right when they complain about these cars... including me.

bookmark these guys:
www.towerhobbies.com
www.clermontmotorsports.com
www.topspeedtoys.com
Old 06-05-2006, 09:56 PM
chubbysuncle

For what they cost I think they're A-OK. checkout my vid link in the video thread. Look for the Volcano vids. My son's been beating it pretty hard lately and it's taking the abuse OK. What exactly are you looking to do with it? They're fun for small jumps and general zooming around. Allthough my son's been jumping pretty hard. But then again he doesn't pay for the parts, I DO. We really haven't broken too much.(YET). If you're looking for something to do stupid insane rediculus stuf with...get more $$ and buy a Savage. just my opinion. If you wanna buy one checkout www.clermontmotorsports.com
Oh BTW Welcome!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:03 PM
stewtheman

The Volcano was my first nitro truck and I love it! I think it's a great truck for the money and this forum will save you from losing your mind when you encounter problems. This place is swarming with wisdom. There are a few obvious weak areas on this truck but once you get those taken care of, and they're not very expensive, it's time to get bashing!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:34 AM
naviuk

Hi

Yeah i agree, these trucks are strong, I had a few issues first up but that was more to do with inexperience and bad driving, now i have those 2 under control and they are really quick and with a few hop-ups they really do make a difference, I'm waiting for my alloy steering arms and door mounts to come which i think will make a big difference, rear ones are something of a mystery,

Well anyway welcome and feel free to ask any question, if u never ask you will never know.

Cheers
Old 06-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Bananaboat

Today I finally had to stop using my truck !! I manage to break one of the rear axes holder !!!! I HAD FUN tho ... :ó(

So ... by any chance, is there a "rear axes holder" from Traxxas / Duratrax / Kyosho that would fit ? this way I wondn't have to wait for parts to be shipped ...

Now that I can't drive it ... I would like to dismount it so I could do a good clean up ! any tips ??

Greetings 12nick12 !!!! wanna hear something about the truck ? IT ROCKS !!!! specially for guys like us that don't know much about it (still ...) cause you'll have tons of fun fixing it and looking for parts and learing in the best way!! Hell... I live in Brazil and buy parts from HK !!!! all you need is to be patiente... like I need now !! I WANT IT RUNNING AGAIN !!! uhahuahuauhahuauah

Thx a lot for all of you about the screw problems... Don't know if the product I bought here is the same ... BUT IT IS RED !!! huauauhahu "median resistence". Just to be sure I wouldn't "screw" everything up I put just about nothing of it... Had no time to figured if it worked tho... tonight I'll !

About the ASBASTOS ... I was worried about it and the guy told me that they've changed the composition of it... so it is not the regular thing anymore! He told me to don't chew it tho !! hauuhahua

Please... if someone know ... post it here !! is there an alternative rear axe holder that I could use? []

Bananaboat
1/10 Himoto Eldorada
Old 06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
entity
Banned

check out the duratraxx equivalent.. should match up nicely.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:32 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

entity, i am a contractor in nyc, and asbestos hasnt been used in residental construction for over 40 years and commercial in over 30 years too, the last building to be built using asbestos was the world trade center, and only 20 floors before they stopped using it. you cant buy it here or anywhere in the US. If a home has it on the boiler or heating pipes it can stay and pass inspection. Asbestos is fine as long as it is not disturbed, the dust particles are breathed in and cut and embed themselves in the lung tissue and cause cancer over time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.