Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:36 PM
naviuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

You learn something new everyday

ORIGINAL: ehroof

entity, i am a contractor in nyc, and asbestos hasnt been used in residental construction for over 40 years and commercial in over 30 years too, the last building to be built using asbestos was the world trade center, and only 20 floors before they stopped using it. you cant buy it here or anywhere in the US. If a home has it on the boiler or heating pipes it can stay and pass inspection. Asbestos is fine as long as it is not disturbed, the dust particles are breathed in and cut and embed themselves in the lung tissue and cause cancer over time.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:50 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

You may be right ehroof.. Maybe it's all of the asbestos ive eaten in my time on the job.. And i mean just breathing it in.. etc.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
DiTi

hey hi,
about the rear axle holders,
I dont know about the duratrax ones, I hope they work! it would be neat to have a replacement for those.
I have dealt with the problem by stocking up. I always break them by doing donuts in my back yard and hitting the trampoline leg LOL.
They are cheap and easy to replace, so just stocking up is a good option. You can also try to repair it with epoxy glue untill your parts come in. Put a good amount and make the whole arm thicker by layering it with epoxy, let it dry over night and it should last for a while! the ones I repaired usualy endured everything exept jumps.

about asbestos,
i remember that they kept telling me to stay away from it as a kid -in Greece they use it in building houses- they kept it in plastic bags and it was water diuted. apparently it is highly alcaline and it causes burns on the skin... in other words it is like an extremely strong soap. they also use it to paint the trunks of the olive trees so that the ants and other insects wont climb up and destroy the olives. also, have you ever seen those pictures of white houses on Greek islands? that white stuff is traditionally asbestos. ...and now I grew to know that it is used in the R/C world as well...
Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 PM
entity
Banned

show me a pic. of the parts that are broken.. in the rear.. I might be able to help yah out
Old 06-06-2006, 05:02 PM
TopSpeedToys

you can always try chubbysuncle's repair

here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4349100/tm.htm

sorry chubbs.... had to do that. lol!!!

but if it works, it works. I would try it if I didn't want to wait for parts to go out and play.

Mark

Old 06-06-2006, 05:24 PM
entity
Banned

email me for aluminum hubs front or rear for the truck.. I cannot upload here Thanks. your more than welcome to post up the pic once you get em from me. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Bananaboat

It looks just like the picture from Chubby's... I don't have my camera right now ( I'll try both of them ... the epoxy and the melting !! )

Thx guys
Old 06-06-2006, 05:31 PM
chubbysuncle

Hey, That's exactly why I posted it! If it works for ya fantastic. Better than shelving it til parts come.I really don't wanna look at my RC's unless they're moving! I'm not going to a beauty contest! LOL
Old 06-06-2006, 05:33 PM
chubbysuncle

Watch That Smoke! They melt fast so don't over do it! Good Luck[8D]
Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 PM
entity
Banned

two part epoxy with bearings and that outta the truck will hold em in nicely.. I suggest to first clean the busted parts fully to get rid of the grease.. then add a drop of ca glue to hold the busted parts together.. then when dry.. about a few minutes.. mix up your two part epoxy. Alow that to dry according to directions.. Usually 24 hours..
Old 06-06-2006, 07:02 PM
chubbysuncle

I tried 2 part epoxy on the plastic parts on these trucks and it didn't hold for S@*T. If you melt them together right they'll be as strong as original. Oh when you melt them together you can be back running in minutes. Not 24 hrs heck another 36 hours and you'll be installing your new parts.( if you order from the right ppl)Unless you live in Brazil![]
Old 06-07-2006, 12:02 PM
shadymarkny

Hey guys. I am back now... Been having problems with my internet around here. My truck been running like a champ. I change my radio system to Spektrum radio lately and I must say.. it is AWESOME!! I love the high torq servos and it comes with and how clear the channels are. It little expensive but its worth it in the long run..
I hope eveyone is enjoying their trucks while I was gone for a bit.. but I will be around more again. Any latest news on the Alum Rear Hub yet?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
entity
Banned

will these work?
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 PM
shadymarkny

Hmm.. I don't know.. is that for the TC3?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:57 PM
entity
Banned

no it's a himoto 1/10th truck part.. I just don't have dimensions on the bearing sizes.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:59 PM
shadymarkny

That might work if Himoto makes it.. Where can you get more info on them?
Old 06-07-2006, 01:02 PM
entity
Banned

let me call in a bit to find out..
Old 06-07-2006, 02:17 PM
MrCheezeWhizz

hey everyone, i'm new when it comes to nitro rc, and i'm looking into buying a redcat volcano. if i get it, i'll want to put some of aluminium parts in it, both for looks and durability, like suspension arms, and maybe some nicer rims and body. do you guys know where to get the aluminum parts? i've seen them on your trucks (very nice btw) but i just wanted to see some direct links. Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 02:23 PM
entity
Banned

there are tons of em on the sites.. but if you want some great deals.. give me an email.. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Bananaboat

THAT WAS MEAN Chubby !!! huahuahuauh

I ended up doing a whole diferent thing... I'll let you know if it works. They guy from a hobby store told me to do like this:
Put both parts together using "super glue" ... after that scratch both parts with a sharp knife. Now... put some more glues and put cottom fibers over the glue and more glue on top of it ! I'm telling you ... I hope it is as strong as it looks!!! I really liked your idea Chubby, but I am soooooooo clumsy that I would make a mess and probably a hole in my hand... LOL

Anyway ... I am still a dog bone short till I can play it again !! I lost it when my litle acident happened and I can't find one that fits .... can I use the truck with only the rear traction? or probably not a good idea as the back part is the one that broke ?

Regards,

ORIGINAL: chubbysuncle

I tried 2 part epoxy on the plastic parts on these trucks and it didn't hold for S@*T. If you melt them together right they'll be as strong as original. Oh when you melt them together you can be back running in minutes. Not 24 hrs heck another 36 hours and you'll be installing your new parts.( if you order from the right ppl)Unless you live in Brazil![]
Old 06-07-2006, 03:23 PM
shadymarkny

You can find the alum door mounts/ Steering knuckles on ebay. These parts makes it stronger for the steering part of truck and they are made by GPM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-Alloy-Front-...QQcmdZViewItem <------ Needs a set of 5X11mm bearings to go with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-HPI-MT2-Allo...QQcmdZViewItem

The rest of the alum parts you can get it from Redcat dealers.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:28 PM
entity
Banned

I've never had any problems with jb weld two part epoxy for plastics..
Old 06-07-2006, 04:44 PM
chubbysuncle

I didn't intend it to be a "mean" comment. It's just been my experiance with the epoxy. I hope your repair works well. As for running in 2 wheel drive . Go for it! Remove the driveshaft to the front differential and let it "free wheel" You'll do donuts like crazy! Won't hurt a thing unless you crash into something[X(] Oh! you could put the driveshaft to the front and make it front wheel drive too! It really shouldn't hurt anything either way.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Popper252

Haha yeah it's fun sometimes to expirement with front and rear wheel drive. It makes you glad that you've got all 4 wheels doing the work.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Bananaboat

uhahauhauh Chubby... I was just kiding ! please don't think I am mad at you !!! the "mean" was for the "unless you live in brazil" and that IS TRUE !!! it takes up to 20 days for parts to get here ! and thx for the response I'll try that as soon as I get home :-)

peace !

Bananaboat
1/10 Himoto Eldorada

ORIGINAL: chubbysuncle

I didn't intend it to be a "mean" comment. It's just been my experiance with the epoxy. I hope your repair works well. As for running in 2 wheel drive . Go for it! Remove the driveshaft to the front differential and let it "free wheel" You'll do donuts like crazy! Won't hurt a thing unless you crash into something[X(] Oh! you could put the driveshaft to the front and make it front wheel drive too! It really shouldn't hurt anything either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.