Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Jas the Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Hey mozzz, I will send you an email tonight in regards to the engine. Fingers crossed you can get it ready for me, cheers.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 AM
rclynx

Does anyone know how much torque the stock steering servo has on a Hurricane? I noticed in some pics on these forums that there are quite a few hurricanes that looked well used with what looks like the stock steering servos. Are they that decent where they last pretty long? I took mine out before using it and put in a better one but if they are good I will save it for a spare. I know alot of you guys use kg and stuff for the specs but I have not idea how to convert to oz. so if you know the spec if you could tell me in oz. thanks
Best way to check it out is get the model type and number off the unit, you have and check it on line with the manufacturer...........I haven't even checked and I sell the product (Redcat) but I replace the servos and radio before I sell
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 AM
vnmsgt

Just took my Hurricane to the track for the first time after break in and it is pretty awesome! I am very impressed. I think it is way better then two other ofna buggies I used to own and I would say built better too. The only problem I had was 2 of the e-clips that hold the rear hingepins in toward the front side came off and pins almost came out on my last run but nothing broken or bent. Very underestimated buggy and I would say a sleeper at any race.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 AM
Jas the Ace

Here is a link to a conversion table to help us all out, there are heaps of calculators available on the net, I just google "conversion calculators" and pick one out from there to use. Here is one example of a calculator, some are easier than others, see how you go.
http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/torque
eg; 9kg force/cm = 125 ounce force/inch
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 AM
grizz1

Hi everyone - old and new !!

Jas - Thanks for that awsome weather mate, it was beautiful. Bit cloudy and considerably cooler when I got home this avo. Hope your boating went well. Darn those Warriors played like cr-p!!! Never mind, the World Cup is the real prize Hey by the way, did that package arrive safely bro ???

Mozzy - great news about the Truggy kit. You will really enjoy the Truggy, they are a lot of fun and very drivable on rough tracks when compared to a buggy. I have a ball with mine . I think the .21 is the go, and I'm sure you have something exotic lying around to pop into it !! All the top Truggies here run .21's of some description, and despite the slightly heavier construction they are a super fast class of nitro machine. Enjoy.

Louie - Your ARE the man for technical info !! I love it. Keep up the good work.

Have a clutch re-condition to do on my Truggy, then it's back to the track this weekend hopefully. I am in nitro withdrawl, so am looking forward to a good thrash. Later [8D]

Old 09-19-2007, 04:53 AM
Jas the Ace

Welcome home Grizz, I bet you wish you were still here at the coast mate.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:45 PM
DJack

Is there a picture thread for the redcat buggies????? I saw the regular pic thread.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
grizz1

Hi DJack, Try this link

http://plaighobbies.forumsplace.com/...c5f4b819b2469f

It is an Australian Forum for the HSP Bazooka, which is the Redcat Hurricane under a different name. Check out the actual forum as well, as there are some geat pics in the threads there too, as well as lots of good info and tips.
Forum link is

http://plaighobbies.forumsplace.com/...339197a172f670

Good review on the Redcat Hurricane at http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=683

Hope these links do the trick [8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 05:56 PM
DJack

right on thanks
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
grizz1

No worries DJack. Lucky you got the details in time
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
DJack

hey grizz where did that post with links go???
Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
grizz1

It was removed by a moderator because it broke the RCU rules regarding competing sites or something along those lines. I posted a thread explaining but that was edited as well. Sorry mate.
I will attempt to get you the info by e-mail perhaps.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
DJack

cool grizz got it!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Jas the Ace

Has anyone broken anything lately? Any big stacks?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
DJack

That would be due to a moderator removing posts.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:14 AM
grizz1

I will let you know after my visit to the track tomorrow - I´m sure I can break something, although the truggy is pretty strong and takes a fair bashing. My only problem is that it is pretty hard on clutch shoes and bearings. I have to keep a pretty close watch on wear and tear in that department. Our track is pretty tight and bumpy so the clutch gets a good workout. I assume truggys are harder on clutches due to their extra weight, gearing and bigger heavier wheels and tyres. I am needing to change shoes / bearings about every 15 / 20 tanks of full on driving. I´m not sure how that compares to other buggies / truggys ?
Keep you updated with a carnage report soon
Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Jas the Ace

I am so happy, my local bash club have now been granted a one year "seasonal" lease on the land we have been bashing on for ages, to be used and constructed as an official club venue. That is the political side of things sorted out, now all they have to do is consruct a couple good tracks and let the serious fun begin. Now I might become an official member of the club and try and learn how to drive properly so I can bring home the first official trophy, lol.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:44 PM
grizz1

That´s great news about the track Jas. Makes it more interesting when you have a fixed place you know you can go and play at.
Now you and your mate will be able to race Bazz against Bazz
Old 09-22-2007, 03:40 AM
grizz1

Jas, great day at the track today. No carnage to report. The trug is going REAL well. Those suspension adjustments I talked about some threads ago are really working. I also cranked the servo saver up a bit tighter which has made a big difference.
I experimented with the clutch and used 1.1mm springs instead of the standard 1.0mm ones. This made the car a lot more controlable out of the corners, as the power comes on just a little bit later, but stronger. Seems to suit my particular driving style as I was putting in smooth lap after smooth lap. Got all the jumps sorted out now too. I am really chuffed that everytrhing is running so well
Dare I say it, but I think I might even be competitive in some of the lower grade races now.
I just need a few more small upgrades to finish the car off. Rear alloy hinge pin holder, stronger (15kg) steering servo, new lexan body and of course the biggy - new power plant (not such a small upgrade !!). I think the new motor will have to wait a while until the .25 gets too tired, but I will chip away at the other bits and pieces slowly.
When does your mate get his Bazooka ? Are you going to form a permanent track at the site you are using now ?

Grizz
Old 09-23-2007, 03:33 AM
mozzzy_2000

Well wouldn;t you know; My XT8 truggy is all built and ready to go when I find out that it doesn;t fit my starterbox!!! I could cry! actually I gotta laugh really. That's the only thing I hadn;t considered. LOL looks like now I have to go out and find a new starterbox. Any suggestions? The Ofna starterbox I have suits my buggy no problems but it wont allow the larger frame and the arms stop it from getting to the flywheel. Anyway more $$! it never ends..plus looks like I wont be testing out the new kit for a little while longer..grrr!!!
Anyway on the upside the XT8 looks really sweet and was such a pleasure to build. The quality is unmatched to what I've seen and the way everything fits together so precisely makes you really feel like you got what you paid for and more! Xray seem to have most areas pretty well covered in there design. Everything is in 7075T6 alloy or composite and the alloy parts look great in black with bevelled silver edging. It amazes me how light they have made this truggy as its not much heavy than my carbon fibre fitted buggy and it comes in much lighter than the hurricane would you beleive. The shocks along with the rest of the suspension would have to be the smoothest I have seen thus far. I reckon the handling is going to be supurb to say the least. I am so eager now to get it ripping. I have installed my moddified Axe Rossi LSK .21 in it so I am more than confident that it is more than capable of doing the job. Along with 2 15Kg servos and my nomadio radio I reckon its a pretty slick setup. I'll dig my camera out and take some snaps before I dirty it all up! I must say though its going to tough getting this thing dirty the first time!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:27 AM
rclynx

Hi Mozzzy how's the football team doing? I have a few starter boxes that I use and some that I sell also and the only reason I mention that is because the most versatile on I have is the OFNA # 10244, it starts a lot more than just the 1/8 models http://www.ofna.com/start-box.html just a quick comment because I saw it[:-]
Old 09-23-2007, 02:08 PM
grizz1

Hey Mozzy, that XT8 Truggy sounds wicked !!! Look forward to seeing some pics for sure. That baby should fly with the Rossi in it. Bummer about the starter box. I had the same problem and had to get a separate starter box as well.

Hey all you Aussie cricket fans, what happened at the 20/20 World Cup. I have never seen Ponting so quite Brought tears (of joy) to my eyes.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:22 AM
mozzzy_2000

What happened to the Aussies? What about, what happened to the Kiwis?? Hahaha
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 AM
grizz1

Yeah, but we were expected to get our butts kicked
Have you got that beast started up yet ?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Jas the Ace

The aussies had a lapse in concentration after Ponting received a text message from Warney asking him out for a good time, hahahahaha!
I think that bloke got to many headache pills from his mummy, lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.