Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

don't need any parts yet, I just want to make sure I can get replacement parts (like the belt and wheel) when they wear out
Old 11-01-2006, 06:23 PM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Well since I can say mate then Hey mate I have tell you that I work for himoto and drive all their cars and buggys for them on the west coast and Ian does not drive or work for himoto since right before the world's he and himoto went their own way's on good terms. We will be starting are on forums to help all of the people who are having trouble with the other car company. Did you know that their high end buggy all of the up grade's were done by himoto? I have kinda been working under cover. So I am sorry for not telling the truth up front So let me know if you have any problems need to ask about parts and things like that. And as you can see we have much better price's on parts and up grade's too

I thought this guy spent way too much time on the forums, now I know haa!!

Mark
Old 11-01-2006, 06:59 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Mark, where you at dawg, get on messenger tonight. you KNOW i ain't got nothin else to do:P
Old 11-01-2006, 07:52 PM
TopSpeedToys

workin' the day job [:@].... I'll be out and home in about 1.5 hrs.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:54 PM
mozzzy_2000

haha covert spies hey??! thats classic. Well I hope I haven't ranted & raved a whole bunch of crud! haha. Oh well I half right about Ian Haley. Didn;t realise he left the himoto. But I guess team drivers chop & change regularly. The onlt reason I know of him is because he lives & races here in Perth. He's won the Aus truggy Nats & several state champs this year. I think he's regarded as one of our best drivers. Go to show how tough a comp the worlds is because I believe Haley came in around 100th or something. And he's one the best in Oz! Very tough competition.

So with Ian Haley what happened about a new wing & rim/tyre design that he was realising under his own name? Know anything about that?

And in regard to spending too much time on here I thought I would be a candidate for that prize! haha. I will say that I AM NOT a company spy! hahaha Just jokes Eric!

Since you are in the know, when's that new himoto coming out? My Torpeda pro is part himoto,part kyosho Inferno 7.5 & 777, and part hyper 8! haha Frankenbuggy!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's up mate?? As Ian all I know is that the wing was made by the owner of himoto and A friend and Ian name was put on it. the tire's I don't know. For drivers change teams so much it's hard to keep up. It's going to be A truggy yes I said truggy when I get my hands on one you will know all. I am not or do I say any thing bad about some one or their company what I think is you sell A good product and have good suport that's A must and at A good price then you can make up your mind where you want to buy your products? So anyway sorry if there is any type oooss but I am typing as fast as I can my yougest wants the computer for some my space I will talk at you later mate
Old 11-02-2006, 02:57 AM
mozzzy_2000

haha yeah kids rule the internet hey!? with Ian Haley I didn;t even know who he was until I read that awhile back. To have your name on any product gotta a good thing none the less. Obviously it didn't come into fruition. Nice guy though. Met him here at a local track meet. I indentified him as being easily the best driver on the day so I "picked" his brains a bit. Haha well the Aussis Truggy Champ. Not a bad brain to pick me thinks!

But yeah keep us upto date with any new himoto stuff. I love the look of that new wing design. Want one of those! Saw some pics of s new buggy/truggy too which looked very nice. Not that I can afford anything right now..haha
Old 11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
ImTheJoker4U2

ok well my head bolts came loose again (even though there was loktite) and blew the head gasket again[:@].. so i took off the head, removed the homemade gasket, cleaned the original gasket (i found it), and put it back together. Got it running but i think there may be a leak cause it died again[:@] I did however obtain a new remote from redcat for the dead one that came with it..it the mean time ive discovered that I cant get one of my engine mount screws out....now what??[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 11-02-2006, 09:51 PM
mozzzy_2000

gee you're not having much luck with the head screws! All I can think is that they aren;t being screwed tight enough? I've never removed mine but I have tried. Couldn;t even budge the screws so I gave up!

In regards to the engine mounts, which screws can't you get loose?I leave the the chassis spacers on the chassis & just unscrew where they screw down, leaving the soilid silver mounts still attched the to the engine? Does that make sense? You can basically remove it the 2 ways. either the whole thing from the engine mounst or just remove the two halves leaving the spacers still attached to the chassis. One thing I have found is that some of the stock screws are quite poor & stripp easily. I have virtually replaced all the screws since new. I replace them with all hex screws.
If you are having trouble, take it down to your LHS and they may be able to help you out. It also pays to get a good quality set of hex wrenches. I had simple allen keys and these seem to just strip the the hex heads after awhile. I now have a proper set & I am wondering why I didn;t get them in the first place!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

What mozzy said on good hex drivers...thye're indispensable. Also, make sure you're using the right size, not an ASE size (they're metric on almost ALL RC car heads)

Also, I've never had to loctite a head...not to mention the heat from the engine would cause the loctite to break loose.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Kemo

never loctite on a head.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:03 AM
zaintlouis

Hi matt, what type of metal does your hex wrench made of ? i need to have a general and visual check up on my p5 specially on its internal parts, it's very difficult to unscrew, still it has flat head screws on the head, - also plan to change them with hex headz as you recommended. geez that head already damage two of my cr-v screwdrivers. is there a titanium screwdriver on market oh yeah i applied wd40 before trying to unscrew but it didn't work. my impact driver is too big for it. hhm what fdyou suggest matt,
Old 11-03-2006, 04:04 AM
zaintlouis

Hi mozz, hehe, joker's engine would just suddenly die so base on the file that i have kept maybe it has something to do with the carb or with the clutch shoes. have to take a good look to the clutch and as you can see in the picture the alloy shoes has some sharp edges which hooked on the fly wheel and could not return in the normal position.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22623.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	553601  
Old 11-03-2006, 06:08 AM
mozzzy_2000

yeah loctite will just melt. You can get this blue sealant stuff but I wouldn;t be putting anything between the head & the crankcase too. I think my hobby shop uses a drill to get the heads off but you have to be extremely careful. My hex drivers are just the hobao ones. Look like alloy too me but they are really solid and treat the hex head much better than the dodgy little allen keys I was using. You probably can get harder ones like ti but they'd be pretty expensive I would imagine.

hey Louis whatcha trying to do to us??!! Are we meant to reall ALL of that!?? haha
Old 11-03-2006, 08:31 AM
ImTheJoker4U2

ORIGINAL: zaintlouis

Hi mozz, hehe, joker's engine would just suddenly die so base on the file that i have kept maybe it has something to do with the carb or with the clutch shoes. have to take a good look to the clutch and as you can see in the picture the alloy shoes has some sharp edges which hooked on the fly wheel and could not return in the normal position.
I dont really think its a carb problem cause every other time it just dies like that it was a result of no compression. As far as the clutch sticking, Im pretty sure its not cause as I pull the starter the bell moves, tranny dont. The allen wrench set I have is a very good one, and I use plyers to really crank down the head bolts. They are tight. Now the stripped screw is the screw on the bottom of the buggy that holds the mount to the pan. There was dirt in the head of the screw and I must not have gotten it all out, so when I went to remove it, the screwdriver slipped and rounded out the phillips head[:@]So now I guess I need a screw extractor set, which is fine, I've been needing an excuse to get a set anywayin the meantime I've been werkin on puttin my car back together. My wife crested a hill to fine a car parked with no lights on. No hazards, no brakes, just sitting there[:@]. And of course being since she rear-ended the lady it was automatically her fault. As immaculant as it was, its over 10 years old so not worth fixing according to the ins. co. so I had to fix it myself[>:]Not bad for an ameture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60023.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	553631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97228.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	553632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90091.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	553633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34222.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	553634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz29731.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	553635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kb45044.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	553636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mo16616.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	553637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ji28167.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	553638  

Old 11-03-2006, 12:57 PM
zaintlouis

holy baloeny! i'm impressed. you did a very fine job there. is that a work of an amateur? i don't think so jokey. why are those replacements black? hhhhmm.. they must be fiber glass? anyway nice work. keep it up.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:43 PM
mozzzy_2000

Hey Joker yeah I reckon your flame outs are not clutch related. Might be carby is its leaking. Have you checked the engine overall for leaks or anything? Here's a good link: Could explain your flame outs & tuning issues.

Hey Guys

just a quicky today ..

Engine sealing ! how do we do it ?

Easy !

Get the engine
Long piece of fuel tube
put fuel tube onto carb inlet
block inlet of carb and exhaust with fingers
Submerge engine in clean water
Blow into carb
Look for bubbles
Seal the bubble section

Easy !

You may get some bubbles from the front bearing or carb boot , thats kinda normal , youll know if its a problem when you run it.
The most important is the carb seal where the carb slots into the engine, any leak there and you will have all sorts of weird idle problems.

After this clean the engine and dry it off with
compressed air or hair dryer !

Old 11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
giddyuperic

Wow I have never heard of that and I have been building real motor's for over 12 years.That's what I do for A living. What I would do is get the motor running as best as you can and get a spray bottle and spray a little fuel around the places that you might have a leak the idle will rise when you find it.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Erik2424

well, i managed to brake my pull starter for the my hurricane xp, but i would like to replace it. does anyone know of a cheap replacement for it? The only pull starter i could find was from the redcatracing.com site, but its $30 w/o sipping, and i think its over priced.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:57 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Erik, you're 100% correct about it being overpriced. find one for an LRP Z.28R or an XTM 28 or XTM .457Pro and it'll work.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Erik2424

cool thanx, but do you have anyidea where to find these parts by chance?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:07 AM
giddyuperic

Try himotoracing .com or Exportpro.biz or topspeedtoys. com I am not sure of the last web address, but give them alll A try and I am sure you can find one that will have one and you can goto the SH web site too . If it is the sh engine you can get A drill starter for the back of that motor at export for sure if you want to go that way. good luck
Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 AM
giddyuperic

I am sorry I forgot that you can get any drill starter for any engine at export or himoto. Get rid of that pull starter[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Or go starter box???? sorry still having problems with my eyes I had surgery on one the other day.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:05 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I wasn't sure about TST having the pullstarter in stock since RCR has been a pain to get stuff from for a while...
Old 11-06-2006, 02:35 AM
giddyuperic

I thought that I saw them on their site????? May be not. But I know you can get them from the other place's that I talked about give it A try. Good luck and thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.