Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:20 PM
zaintlouis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

So far just spent a gallon on my v-spec, Vspec owners say when u reach two gallons the bearings give up. For sure the thing that makes the bearings break is the absence of oil when its operating at high rpm . if there's someting we could do about .. add small percentage of oil in the fuel perhaps? or directly apply oil to the bearings?

So in other words Ceramics bearings turns faster and smoother (handles high engine rpm better) but doesn't last long? i'll rather get bearings that last longer. it's not easy to replace bearings everynow and then. maybe there are high grade and low grade of ceramic bearings.i'll try to dig more about ceramic bearings. there has to be a good reason why there are cheap and expensive ceramic bearings.

i'll catch you later mozz. oh i finished the bumpers already now it's hard to tell if it's a himoto or a kyosho. if someone will ask i'll answer them Himosho Buggy :-) i'm getting proud of my frankenbuggy than my hyper 7 pro and that's the truth!

You have disposed of your Ninja Engine? tha'ts a good engine. many people like that engine. i've heard a lot of good remarks regarding that engine.

Yes i check those links. lots of stuff to buy so tempting. it's like i need to keep my hands of the keyboard and chained it. i'll pay first the stuff that i bought on ebay before i buy stuff on Amain. Nice store. full of hop ops!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Buggygovroom

I got bored the other night and ordered myself a mini inferno so now I have a kyosho to run in the house as well as its bigger brother to tear up the track with
Old 11-25-2006, 04:02 AM
zaintlouis

That's cool bug, if you get bored with your mini a year from now you can also get get Aibo, or Cybie robotics toy dog :-) they're nice for a company. or a an rc tank that has airsoft and hunt down your household cat. i have this crazy things in mind since i got a paypal expanded number. it temps me to spend more :-) well just kidding.

Mozzy, i weigh my 777, and my redcat with plastic arms, they weight just the same. 3.5 kgs. how heavy are your buggies will you provide me that information? I need to know. i'll try to achieve 3.4 on my 777.

Buggies are full loaded with Receiver batteries, Tires, and fuel (full tank).
Old 11-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Buggygovroom

Just got the mini today. I have to say kyosho let me down this time. I was driving a Team Associated mini the other day and the TA is a bit cheaper than the kyosho, but out performs it in every way. Sorry kyosho
Old 11-25-2006, 04:43 PM
zaintlouis

JOKE TIME!: what happens when you own a CAR, made out of WOOD; a WOODEN body, a WOODEN engine, w/ a WOODEN interior, and WOODEN electronics...?

Well...........

It WOODEN'T start... hahaha!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:37 PM
zaintlouis

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Set-x-MG995-Hi...QQcmdZViewItem

I think this one is a great bargain. But how reliable is it? does anyone tried this servos on their redcat buggies?
Old 11-26-2006, 12:22 AM
mozzzy_2000

hey buggy thats a bummer!! I thought they looked sweet!! hasn't got a trinity drake engine? or is it the original EP version?? I got a chaos a few months ago & thats pretty cool but ultimayely nowhere near as fun as a 1/8 hey. Having said that though I put my chaos on 25% race fuel and the little .05 is pretty quick for the scale. It gets air & slides around like the bigger buggys but a lot slower. Fun none the less.
Hey louis you ove ya gadgets hey?! haha. No I haven;t weighed mine hey but its heaps lighter than the himoto with a bit of bling on it.might even be underweight too. I need to get some bigger scales but I'll let you know when I do. Those servos are great hey. I have one on my steering hey. Really fast and really strong. 15KG servo for a fraction off what you pay for a futaba or airtronics. So who cares if they only last a year hey? I have already friend a kyosho servo & a hitec in the last couple of weeks and this mg995 keeps on powering along. I'm gonna try one one my throttle & breaks too. Should beef up my brakes considerably.
Hey there was an awesome model aircraft & heli display that I went to yesterday. Geez there was some awesome flying hey. There was this huge F18 jet that was insane! Like 5 guys all walking with it with fire exstinguishers! seeing this crank up & take off was something to see hey.
One of the heli guys was the Oz champ who is also ranked 4th in the world, doing some freakish acrobatics with his nitro heli. I wish I had taken some vid. Truly amazing stuff. Also scale red bull air race planes, with the guys just hanging them vertically in the air just hovering. I've never seen anything like.You guys would have loved it hey.
Anyway dudes, I think I gotta bit of sunstroke from being out in the sun allday yesterday so I think I'll got lie down..
Old 11-26-2006, 11:27 AM
zaintlouis

Hah! you have certainly given me enough push to get those servos. Compared to Hitec HS 5996TG, the mg995 has greater torque, and much lighter. the hitec is much faster though and it's coreless but heavier. but like you said the mg995 is cheaper. I'll go for the MG995. whew! my list of items to buy is getting longer

i have some appetizers for aircraft lovers. let me get the file. got to cut it in half. be right back for the video.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Buggygovroom

Don't get me wrong it is a fun little mini buggy and the construction is very similar to the 8th kyoshos including cvds but IMO its just not worth the money it sells for. I have the electric version not the nitro version. Im sure the nitro mini is cool but i wanted to run indoors

Old 11-26-2006, 01:50 PM
mozzzy_2000

it think its coreless as well although I have no idea what the difference is
Old 11-27-2006, 03:15 AM
mozzzy_2000

yeah thats a pity! I did think you were talking about the the new mini inferno nitro, which looks kinda cool.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
zaintlouis

it think its coreless as well although I have no idea what the difference is
oh yes it's coreless! boy i must have overlook that part on the web. coz i went straight to the main specs. i should have read carefully. mozz, frankly speaking, this kind of servo technology is supppose to cost around 80 to 99$US a peice. This servo is definitely worth it. this servo has a possibilty to last a lifetime. You just have to make sure no water or dirt gets in the servos coz it the only enemy of coreless motors i pressume. i'd get 3 pairs of these motors this december.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
mozzzy_2000

yeah I have had great success with mine hey. I have heard some people dissing them as crap but in the time I have used it, I have fried a kyosho AND a Hitec servo so for just because they are cheap in cost doesn;t neccessariy mean they are cheaply made. I am going to buy more as well. Even if they only last a season who cares at that price hey? Like you say, here in Oz, the big name brands are priced around $100 a pop for the same specs!! Thats like 5 times more expensive. So again if they only last a year who cares & if they last longer then thats even better!!

Another nitrobasher's vid up: http://nitrobashers.com/Video/NBB.wmv - check it out to see a losi LST2 snap in half!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
zaintlouis

Mozz have you tried using comlathes? do they really come in handy? are they really usefull? i was wondering of getting one.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:52 PM
mozzzy_2000

Hey Louis ya got me there!! a commlathe hey? Not sure what that is to be honest! I am presuming some sort of lathe to turn metal?? What would you use it for?
Cheers
Old 12-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Erik2424

Hey mozzy, heh how do ya like this i have half a foot of snow right now,lol. i love chicago, it was almost 65f on tuesday then it droped down to 27f and started snowing on wedsday. hahaha, i have a snow day from school today, i havent had one in 5yrs.

~Did anyone else here get hit by the huge line of snow runing across the U.S, or anywhere for that matter,lol.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
mozzzy_2000

god ya lucky!! but I bet you get sick of the snow at times hey? well getting warm here in Oz. A nice hot day here would be well over 100F easy. Have you experimented with snow tyres?? Like gluing tacks or spikes on the inside of the tyre?? gee I wish it would snow here! nitro on ice! sounds way cool! LOL
Old 12-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Erik2424

haha no i havent yet, i think im gonna wait till it stops snowing so the snow dont fall on top of my car and rust it up. im really excited this is the first winter i have to run the car in.... hehe. ha just heard there estimateing up to a foot of snow, to a foot and half. oh yea. hummm, well since i know they dont sell snow or mud tires at my hobby shop, would you happen to know of any way to modify the tires to work better in the snow mozzy?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:23 AM
zaintlouis

Hi all, Mozz, i think most EP drivers and flyers are the ones who are using the comlathe for refacing the motor particularly the commutator, but i think we can aslo use it for our buggies like ahhh.. retreadin, refacing cluthdrum to make it smoother again etc. ahh lets just forget about it i don't think it's very essential anyway hows your buggy, do you still keep it running? got something to show you which of the three is the himosho oh man i wish it snows here in the phil too, gonna need a miracle before that happens. Erik's gonna have a white Christmas! cool ha?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83965.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	569862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54252.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	569863  
Old 12-01-2006, 02:54 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am an official 1/8 buggy owner, got my huricane xp today!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:21 PM
mozzzy_2000

Hey Eric no I don;t know if you can buy snow tyres but I was actually talking to someone yesterday about it hey. What we both thought is that you could turn the tyres inside out and puncture it with thump tacks or something similar and gluing each individual tack to the inside wall. Would take a long long time to do but geez I reckon it would be worth trying hey. If I had snow I certainly would be trying maybe on a old set perhaps. One thing I'd recommend is that wrap up your receiver tightly in a balloon to protect it against moisture. Running in snow has a high risk of frying your electrics which would be very expensive to replace. So I'd use caution in the snow as you would in the wet! And yeah you'd need to rust proff the vehicle too. Might too much to bother with perhaps?

Hey Louis are you trying to be tricky? They suspiciously look like a hyper 7/8, your 777, and the redcat all with different shells perhaps?? What gives?? LoL Yeah I haven;t heard of anyone having a comlathe at home that they use. If you want to clean up your engine you can apprantly use a polishing bit on a dremel but you have to be very very carefull with the piston and don;t touch the edges!!

Hey Ehroof welcome mate! You'll find it far far far more pleasant & informative in this forum hey. Too many jerks around in the other threads as you've probably discovered. Not naming names but I think you know who I am referring too! Good move with the hurricane! for me my himoto has moved into a higher platform after I smashed my inferno MP7.5 yesterday into a curb for the very first time, destroying one of the lower front arms completely. The one and only crash, the smallest crash with the largest amount of damage yet!! Not happy with the Inferno let me say that!! If I was getting another kit I now would look to another car. The himoto has proven beyond any doubt that it's way tougher than the Kyosho inferno. Unless I can modify the kyosho to have the sprung bumper it simply can't withstand the abuse that the himoto can hey.

Yes Louis I still take the cars out at east every 2 DAYS!!! any longer and I get withdrawals, seriously!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:28 PM
ehroof

Thanks bro, i bought the xp from chubbysdad, he's a great guy. i will give it a try tomorrow. just ordered a white wing and some 1/8 body clips on ebay. it has the black and white himoto body on it so i think the ofna white wing will go good with it.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: ehroof

i am an official 1/8 buggy owner, got my huricane xp today!!!!!
So what made you change your mind to join the 1/8 guys?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:37 PM
ehroof

i have 13 1/10 so if figured its time for something new plus i heard alot of good things about the 1/8 buggy, not too many bad comments. i think i will start a serpent 1/8th in a month or so, after the holidays.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:58 PM
mozzzy_2000

yeah i think you'll be happy with the hurricane Ehroof. You should see if you can get the new himoto wing too hey. I've got one ordered myself.

Hey Kemo where ya been dude? Haven;t seen you around much lately! Hows your hurrican been going? Did you end up racing it? Hows that STS engine going? The STS28 is very popular here in Oz. Great price for a very powerful motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.