Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3375

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Matrix good to hear their a good servo but where did you get them for $12? cheapest i cud find was $21 + $6 postage..

TTR_EB4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Grizz good to hear you got out racing, my rear shocks when i raced were to hard i was bouncing all over the place, i see what you mean, i took a millimetre off each of the spacers of the rear, and it was perfect, that little change made it good, the littlest things do make a big difference, my pop has a hyper 21 turbo engine, found out it was stuffed, me and my pop are re-building it, my pop is into nitro planes, he has heaps too many to count, he also has as many machines and you can think of, laves, shapers, mills you name it, he make model engines, he make everything, doesent order in parts etc he makes them, cranks, piston, heads, carbys so i think it will be good for him o re-built the hyper motor lol, ill post a pic when i get it of the twin aeroplane motor he made,if he will let me.
    Firebird, lets make sure we dont get another scare like that again (the thread dieing)
    Sorry bout double post

TTR_EB4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TTR_EB4

Matrix good to hear their a good servo but where did you get them for $12? cheapest i cud find was $21 + $6 postage..

TTR_EB4
    Ebay Australia. Do the sums.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh thanks mate

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TTR - your pop sounds like an amazing engineer. Not many old school people around that have the skills to do all those things these days. Must be fascinating to watch him at work. Make sure you pay attention and learn heaps. You could do all those things one day

Yep, it's amazing how little adjustments make such a difference to these cars, both tuning motors and tuning chassis. I had a drive of the buggy of one of the really good drivers in our group last week, and it was amazing. Made me look like a good driver lol [:-]
    The thing handles like it is on rails, amazing. All to do with chassis / shock set up. He tweaks it a little from track to track and for the conditions on the day, but not too much. He is a consistant winner and super quick. Last time I was in a race with him I finished 5th out of a field of 12. He won, and during the 20 min race he lapped me 5 times [X(] now that's quick !!!! I should mention he has been doing offroad and onroad racing for over 30 years, which helps a lot.
    Don\'t take life too seriously - No one gets out alive anyway.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mmm 30yrs with RC Cars, what a life lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, there is the final result, a full set of spike winter tire for my buggy.

SeeYaa!
    Frank_514
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64563.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	898743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mi22051.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	898744  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very innovative Frank 154 Your buggy is now one of a kind. Hope you get a break in the snow so you can get out and play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeaa! Talk about break/brake, i rebuild my brake with industrial rubber mat glued on the original metal plates. It was hard to make the breakin but now it stop on a dime, even wet.

SeeYaa!
    Frank_514

Do it your self!

Name:	Rp44706.jpg 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	899276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vr53462.jpg 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	899277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot48770.jpg 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	899278  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whats happening guys ???

I am getting my toys ready for racing on Sunday. We are doing our monthly trip down to what is probably the best conditioned track in NZ. It is about 2 hours drive from my place.
    Getting some track time in before our North Island Championships in late April. This is being held at my home track, about 20 mins away, so should be great fun. Held over 3 days with 90 - 100 buggies and truggies competing.
    Had a ball with my on-roader the other night. Big time thrash session on our carpark circuit Chewed out a new set of rear foams in 3 hours [>:] Good stuff !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hangin in there grizz...wnet to run last weekend...broke a servo horn within 2 tanks...thought i was done...just found another servo horn last night...lol..havent ran my on roader lately..need an exhuast turn down for it...hopefully the store I go to tomorrow will have em
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey everyone, so all the tracks you guys race at they are 1 hour away or more? that would suck, for me it takes 5 mins in the car to get their and probably 30 mins walking with all the **** i have got lol.

How often do you guys race? we have only one race meeting every Month, which is a big bummer because my buggys just sittin there with a big bottle full of nitro sittin next to it, ITS SO TEMPTING!! but nah, last time i took it on the street broke my fuel tank.. i think i said that a couple posts ago, should be getting some new soft compund bow tyres next week or for my birthday prezzie (tomorrow) hopefully and maybe some other little goods for my car lol.

Hope everyones good, keep on burning that nitro.

TTR_EB4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ttr..I dont know bro...only running ur buggy in the races sucks..I think even just bashing around some no and then will give ya a better feel for ur buggy....may be wrong though..I usually am..lol
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey TTR - Happy birthday bro. My local track is about 20 mins away. We race there once a month, and the Hamilton track (about 2 hours away) races once a month, so I get to race once a fortnight off-road. We have another track that all the guys hang out at every weekend which is also about 20 min away. We don't race there officially, but there are lots of hot laps and grudge races for sure. It's more a group of guys just getting together, mucking around with their cars, fine tuning, sharing ideas and knowledge - with a few bourbon and cola's to help things along
    I used to bash a fair bit, but now my buggy and truggy are pretty much set up for racing only. I do bash hard with my on-roader though. In my cul-de-sac, and in local car parks etc. I find the wear and tear of thrashing the on-roader is not as great as with the buggy and truggy, plus it's so much faster on the asphalt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey everyone, I've been lurkin around this forum for a while gathering some info and I just got my Hurricane about a week ago and ran it a little this weekend. So I have a little bit of advice for any anyone getting their a new Hurricane, first off, readjust your low end mixture screw, mine came from factory about 2 turns out from normal, and thus was extremely rich, so rich it barely ran. Second off, buy new wheels, either solid plastic or metal, the stock ones totally suck, mine went flying on my second tank, and I really wasn't running too hard. But otherwise I love this Redcat, just a couple little tweaks and it should be running good.

Name:	Db86245.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	905432  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

welcome to our happy family...great place to buy wheels/tires is suprasales on ebay..good solid wheels and tires..great for bashing...the screws holding the front lower and upper arms to the hubs are to short..you will prolly end up stripping threads..I got some that are longer and they just barely miss the axle..and u want to use locktite on all screws going into metal..you may or may not run into problems with the radio...I run a jr system...is this your first nitro??...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info on the screws, I'll keep an eye on them and put some loctite on what needs it. But yeah, this is my first nitro, I used to run RC10's so I sorta know what I'm doing, just not as far as the motor and the amount of abuse these nitro's take. As far as the radio go's I haven't had a problem yet, I went and got a hump cell for the receiver right away though. I imagine I will need so sort of failsafe in case I go out of range, although I'm still not totally sure how the failsafe works or exactly what it does.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I run a venom..if your reciever battery gets low it applies the brakes...if you loose signal it applies the brakes....their easy to set up....might wanna get a throttle spring too..this way if your battery comes loose somehow the spring will take over and apply the brakes...another thing...take ur glow plug out so u can look down and see your piston...turn the engine over until ur at bdc...mark bdc and ALWAYS put it at bdc after you run it...trust me on this.lol...even if I'm going to be starting mine back up shortly I still turn it to bdc...kewl lil mod I found is the front axle will fit inplace of the rear dogbone and cup..no more rear dog bones..seems there has been some problems with the fm radios (cars running off)....hopefully you wont have that problem...get ya a temp gun too..lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks again for the info, I'll have to check with my local hobby shop to see if they have the failsafe, not sure if that would be a common part for a hobby town to have but I have to go there anyway to see if they have any decent wheels. I guess I really havn't heard anything of the throttle spring though, is that something that redcat sells, or possibly I can get from clermont (who i bought the car from), because I would really hate for this thing to take a run straight into a wall or street or some other unpleasant scenario. I really think someone needs to put together a sticky on all of the little details people have to do when they getting their first Nitro, for me its been a lot of searching through different threads and even then I don't get everything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

u can use a throttle return spring from a car..pick it up from autozone or the like..hobby town will have a failsafe...your prolly going to pay in the neighborhood of $60 to $80 for wheels and tires from hobby town...u can pick up a full set from suprasales for about $20..I usually get stuff from them in like 4 days...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi kbohm1 - welcome to the thread. I would suggest using a couple of silicone throttle bands or even a couple of plain rubber bands as your throttle return. The springs place a lot of strain on your servo and can cause premature servo failure. The spring will not pull the servo back far enough to apply the brakes, you will need a failsafe for this. You only want enough tension to ensure the throttle returns to fully closed during normal operation. There are lots of little mods you can do to your new buggy to make it go better. I would suggest the following as some good first up mods.
    Change the diff oils - makes a huge difference to overall performance and handling. Run Front 5000cpi - Centre 7000cpi - Rear 2000cpi.
    Change shock oils to 350cpi all round.
    Set shock spring tension (as previously described some threads back) so that front suspension arms sit slightly above parallel when front of buggy dropped onto ground from about 10" up, and rear suspension arms sit parallel to the ground when dropped from same height.
    Good tyres and rims (proline, GQ or similar)
    Some outer (dry) air filter foams to fit over your original oiled filter.
    Some sort of failsafe for sure, especially with the standard radio equipment.
    That should get you running sweet and safe. Later on I would recommend changing out the original servo's for stronger faster models.
    10 - 15 kg high speed for steering (recommend the ACE 1015 15kg, none better) and an 8 - 10 kg hi speed for the throttle/brake (Hyperion, Bluebird any of the better brands). Ultimately you might like to upgrade the radio gear for FM (Spektrum etc). Lots more features and tuning/handling capabilities with these units.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heys guys, ive got a problem. i bought some tyres and rims and i put them on the rims (not glued) and they are all lined up but you push on the tyre all the way round and their are hard spots where the inserts have overlaped or sqeezed up, should i leave it and glue it or just take them out and do what?

this is my first time gluing tyres so i dont know a thing im doing. please help!!

TTR_EB4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi TTR - Hmm that's a bit of a worry. Are the inserts shaped square on the edges like [ ] . If so you may need to trim the edges to a 45 deg angle so they sit better inside the tyre. This may eliminate your problem. Check out this article, may be of some help - http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=360
    Let me know how you get on.
    Had a good days racing on Sunday. Weather was beauty and the track was fast. I went OK, winning the C Final in truggy. I should have qualified in the B final but ran my best heat race without a transponder in my car, so none of my laps or times were counted - DUHH !!
    Problem solved, as I now have a personel transponder permanently mounted in my buggy / truggy depending which one I'm racing. No more using the clubs transponders and forgetting to fit one before my race
    PS - If you can find some, get some thin penetrating CA glue to do your tyres. This stuff is cool. You only need a drop and it runs all the way around between the rim and the tyre, giving a nice even bead of glue. It dries in about 5 min.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yer problem solved, thanks grizz, i used hot flash thin super CA glue. this stuff dries in 3 seconds (it says on the label on the back) MORE LIKE 1 SECOND!!! jeez this stuff dries quick, tyres turned out very good (better than the pre-glued ones i bought) ill post a pic soon, probably next post lol, ill go take a pic.

TTR_EB4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh crap, sorry cant find the digital camera, well anyway has anyone got any ideas of fixing a body with a crack in it, i thought of fibre glass but the dude at my local model shop he said the ressen might eat at the body. any other ideas? sorry bout double post

TTR_EB4