Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 127 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3375

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

i just busted a rear wing mount and would like to pick one up at my local hobby shop, what other models wing mount would fit my hurricane pro?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oops
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I make a video of my Winter Spike Tire in action.

It's Winter bashing !

Still very power full for a 200$ buggy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIB6jLtTs0k

It's a must see!

See Yaa!
    Frank_514

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Frank_514

It's Winter bashing !

It's a must see!

See Yaa!
    Frank_514
    HAhahaha thumb tacks lol. I know what I'm doing next winter thanx for the idea man. Nice vid too.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank_514

It's Winter bashing !

It's a must see!

See Yaa!
    Frank_514

HAhahaha thumb tacks lol. I know what I'm doing next winter thanx for the idea man. Nice vid too.
    Hi,
    When the snow get harder, or when its cover of ice, all the golf court, football field city park and skate park (unfortunately, the closest skate park is next to a hospital. its good for the kids when they get hurt, but we are not allow to run engine)...... Are Great Play Ground. But its the Spike that make the fun. With no spike you will rip apart your tires and the buggy will sink in to snow or have no direction at all.

****WARNING*** ****WARNING*** ****WARNING*** ****WARNING***
    The pins in the tire can and will be ejected at high RPM so do not stay in the potential trajectory!
    ****WARNING*** ****WARNING*** ****WARNING*** ****WARNING***

The bumper /skid plate with the "angle of attack" act like the front of a ski and help to go any where. I can carry my buggy like a case. The handle in the bumper make it more flexible so absorption of impact increased.

Check the video!

See Yaa!
    Frank_514
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40575.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	913339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up47863.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	913340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zf88040.jpg 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	913341  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey - hope all you guys find your way back to this thread. Seems RC Universe had a shuffle of threads. My desktop shortcut ended up going nowhere. Got it sorted now.
    Udlose74 - not sure on the wing mount, but try a Kyosho MP777 or 7.5. I believe these buggies are the same as the Hurricane in a lot of respects, and parts are interchangable.
    Don\'t take life too seriously - No one gets out alive anyway.

Yes it was strange hey grizz. I recieved my usual email notification advising me of a new posting, and when I logged in I found a lot of recent posts gone or modified [sm=angry.gif]
    I guess someone in 'the office' was told to do some overtime or something, [sm=49_49.gif] and took it out on us, [sm=punching.gif][sm=pirate.gif]. Just kidding Mr Moderators, we understand that Sir Editor has to justify his income occasionally.
    Let's see if this post stays or not. It has nothing to do with r/c fun, but gives the guys at the top something to read, [sm=bananahead.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] hehehehe
    Hey grizz guess what?..........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, i know all of the post got mixed up and everything, well race is saturday and we had 2 weeks of 40 degrees and over and then the week of the race it drops to under 18 degrees all week so far[:@]
    Jas The Ace: The biggest snapper caught in the snapper comp was 13.8kg, not that big compared to last years 14.7kg or somthin.

Have fun with those cars

TTR_EB4

Isn't the weather something frustrating here in Oz at the moment TTR? Frustrating for my nitro hobby anyway. Makes things difficult to keep a perfect engine tune. Oh well, we can only take the good with the bad I guess, the pleasures of hobbies.
    My other hobby is suffering aswell with the climate, and also the stupid new recreational fishing area closures in my area.
    On a holiday to NZ about 15 years ago I caught a 8kg and 7kg snapper as well as a few squires and other species, and those two snapper have been the highlight of my fishing life. If I ever caught a 14kg snapper it would be going straight to the taxidermist so I could have it permanently mounted on my wall and would have the biggest drool hanging off it, lol. I'd love to live in the colder waters for a while so I could experience them well sized snapper. The smaller squires are better eating apparently. But they all taste good to me.
    Anyway, back to nitro, and speaking of nitro...what brand fuel are you running there TTR? I have run massive mods HB444 in my buggy and truck and haven't looked back, it is wicked stuff!! It should be more easily available down your way than it is up here, requires a big tune change but it is great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well my local model shop owner makes it and thats all the fuel he sells so yer. i run mine on 15% nitro and 15% sinth oil, it cost around $12 a litre (in litre bottles) my buggy runs well on that percentage so yer. Im going to try and experiment on other fuels aswell but it sucks that people cant send fuel in the mail[:@] makes sense really but anyway. hopefully my buggy is still in tune from last race meet because i still havnt got the hang of tuning it. and congrats on the 300 posts Jas.

TTR_EB4

CRIKEY....300....I best stop dribbling then...but thanks mate, I didn't realise the milestone till ya mentioned it, , I should know something by now, surely....
    Local fuels are generally the way to go as it is fresh and made to suit the particular area, as long as it is from a reputable dealer. I have seen some blokes make up their own fuels and to listen to the engine sizzling after a short run makes me proud to buy professionally made fuel.
    Yes well 300 postings, I'd better retire...as in go to bed, cheers team!

Drive hard, burn the rubber, break heaps, and have lots of fun doing it!!

If ya didn't break it......Ya didn't take it....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good to see you guys made it back
    I think our long hot summer is coming to an end here as well. Temps have been decidedly cooler in the mornings the last coiple of weeks. They say we will get one more anticyclone for a week of good weather then winter will be upon us - brrr. The only good part about that is the extra power our motors will produce in the cooler dense air, we just have to wait for a dry days to play !!
    Good news on the on-road front. The complex where we race has installed comprehensive lighting in the big car park area we use. They have given us permission to race right through the year using the lights until 9 pm at night. So we will be racing every fortnight or perhaps more often from now on. Had a wicked race session last night. Got the Vision handling really well now, so it is pretty competitive. Unfortunately the steering servo crapped itself towards the end of the night, so that is this weeks project.
    Later - grizz[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, the weather forecast here says on race days its going to be 22 degrees and a few showers, should i bother to race if it is spitting rain or what?? i woried about the electronics servos, Receiver etc, any tips?

TTR_eB4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A few light showers will be ok TTR. With the body on all the electrics should be well protected fron light rain. If it gets too heavy racing becomes impracticl anyway.
    If the track gets wet and muddy spray a coating of WD40 over the suspension arms (particularly the rear), chassis underside, and anything else that is likely to get caked in mud. This makes it much easier to remove the mud coating after you race. The WD40 forms a sort of barrier and the mud can't stick to the plastic and metal as easily. Works a treat and saves a lot of finicky cleaning between heats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks grizz

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Picked up a cool "wedge" body for my on-roader today, from our local auction site. It is a Frewer Racing Lola body (see pic). Don't know what colours I will paint it yet, but I am thinking bright - like flouro yellow with pink trim. A little "loud" perhaps, but it makes it easy to pick your car up at night under the lights
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf99553.jpg 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	915502  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks nice grizz, it might help your car a little bit with all of the aerodynamics, not that much, but a lil bit lol. Racing tomorrow!!!! yay, i bought that TowerPro MG995 Servo and it doesent work with my transmitter (normal one) so i took it to my pops house to see if it would work with his digital one, and it did [sm=confused.gif], i think because its a digital servo it needs a digital transmitter? well i saw a guy out racing with a digital transmitter and receiver for sale and it looked pretty good, he wanted $40 AUS for it, ill might talk him down to $25 or somthin

Have a Good one!

TTR_eB4[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

That's about all those things are worth. I am in the same boat, running basic radio gear, and man it is a pain when going for a bash. Although other people are running on different frequencies there seems to be something in the air that can make the signals very erratic. And then the obvious happens when some one on the same freqency "accidently" turns on their transmitter while you are having fun and it's time to go looking for your buggy. Save the money and put it into a decent spectrum system, it is worth it. But don't take my word for it, as I dont have one myself yet either.
    Grizz, nice shell, good to see a 'Le Manz' style shell instead of the typical street car design. They have the look of a purpose built race car and mean serious business. Make sure you show us the new shell with the flash paint job.
    You know that if you show us your pics it will go 2 seconds/lap faster!!??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've got a question for somebody, I'm wondering if any makes an aluminum front lower control arm that would fit the Hurricane, as I recently broke and upper, I went and ordered a few aluminum pieces from redcat, but nowhere did I see the front lower arm. I'd really like to make the entire front end of this thing metal so it can take a couple of hits.

not available, probably too much money i would think, they are thick and big!!!
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

ORIGINAL: grizz1

Udlose74 - not sure on the wing mount, but try a Kyosho MP777 or 7.5. I believe these buggies are the same as the Hurricane in a lot of respects, and parts are interchangable.
    I'll let you know, I have a Kyosho wing mount on order and should be in tomorrow. I was ordering some paint supplies and figured for $5 it was worth a go at it. The only difference I see from the picture is the Kyosho main mount is solid plastic.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi everyone.
    Kbohm1 - don't go too overboard on the alloy bits mate. Alloy tends to only bend when you hit things, which leads to serious stress in other places. The plastics are designed to take the impact and snap, thus dissapating the shock and load on other more delicate parts.
    If you bend your alloy arm you still have to replace it most likely, so you are better off just replacing a broken plastic part at a fraction of the cost. Just my .2c worth.
    Jas and TTR - yeah, that body should be good. Most of the guys are using them now on the small tight track we race on. They do knock the top end speed a little because of the extreme downforce they generate, but we have relatively short straights anyway. Where they come into their own is on the fast and tight corners. The cars handle a lot better with these bodies than a standard car body. When I get painted and ready to go I will put a couple of pics up. Especially if it's going to make it go faster

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, has anyone had any experience with the Hyper 7 PBS ?? if yes, what are they like, my dads bought one. gettin it at the end of the week.

TTR_eB4

Is everyone participating in "Earth Hour"? I am, so I wont be on here for a whole hour, starting now!! Cya soon....

I'm back....Well the one hour used to turn off the lights, TV, PC, etc to save a tree or penguin or something is over for my part of the world. So now it is time to start burning things up again with electricity and nitro. I'm sure with all this stuff the power companies will increase the price of power to compensate it all...

kbohm1, if you busted a plastic lower arm it has saved you heaps on damage to other parts, including the chassis. Something has to give somewhere, as grizz has mentioned. A few alloy bits here and there are a great improvement to the overall strength of the buggy but do be careful with what you use and in what conditions you will be running in.

MP 7.5 is almost identical, minor difference to the front suspension, and a very minor difference to the rear, but all bits are interchangable, well in my country they are. Basically it is only the diffs and arm mounts that have a slight difference. Some people tend to change these bits only for the ease of replacement parts availabilty, depending on their location.

Hyper 7 are cool, but my Bazooka/Redcat still kicked it's butt in a RTR form, Same as the Rex X Pro, kicked them too, all for 1/3 of the initial purchase price. But that is going back in time, I don't know the comparisons these days, as we have all done different mods and RTR's are changing all the time.

Now that I have just burnt up my one hour of power that I just saved, I will let you all get back into it and enjoy what we have.....NITRO POWER!!!! Hehehe