Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Old 07-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Bikr420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just jpined this forum so I could share my knowledge on the redcat back draft 3.5.I bought it knowing it was a lower end but it was for my wife to bash and learn.well got the car ran my first tank or O'Donnell 20 percent and towards the end of the first tank it cut off so I let it cool filled it up went for the next tank and the engine was done.pulled it apart and the con rod broke so after finding out the engine is basically a knock off I bought an hpi f4.1 engine assembly and made it fit.pretty easy much more reliable imo and a bit more power as for the rest of the car we will see what happens now that she runs again
Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM
ijpom

Hi Bikr, welcome to the forum. You have dragged up a thread that I did not know existed. Sorry to hear about your first tank engine failure.

I run some Redcat's with SH engines too, and found myself running several day doing the preferred break-in of the engine. (http://media.globalhobby.com/manual/147012.PDF)
The end of the first tank(s) usually has your car motionless on a stand, so that the wear in of the piston and sleeve are done with less stress on other item (con rod, crank, wrist pin, etc)

Fortunately these are easy engines to work on and replace.
Happy driving.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Kemo

Will there be an update to the buggies that come from HSP? Would love to see an electric 1/8 scale Buggy that is racer oriented. Something like the BT9.5 E9, but with a well needed update to improve the center of gravity, be dedicated strictly for electric rather than a conversion from nitro, and in kit form with upgraded shock towers, chassis braces, (pretty much anything cnc machined vs the stamped aluminum typically found on the hurricane xtr). HSP kinda has it figured out with their Pro kits, minus the aluminum suspension arms... Stick to plastic. The models just need a good update to be competitive again.

I would HAPPILY race it. Please take notes, Darin and Redcat!

Last edited by Kemo; 08-10-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:08 PM
doboy86

I am new to nitro buggy's and trucks. when I was young it was a cox engine and a string! BOY have times changed! The first thing I will say is I have seen and owned a couple of different brand's. by far the redcat brand will stand up better than most I have seen or Bashed! the value and the repair parts are great. My backdraft 3.5 buggy flies, easy setup, fun running. Keep up the great job. I have bought 13 used redcats my son and grand children love them.