Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Hey Mozzzy...

I started laughing my ass off right away after it happened...especially after seeing the look on my buddies faces!

I couldn't get mad...no reason...it was my own stupid fault!...LOL!

As far as the alloy goes?....well yes it makes things stronger but it would have dispersed the impact energy further into the buggy and probably bent up the chassis and maybe even broke the rear gear box...plus the alloy parts would have been more expensive to replace...like I said earlier...at least with the plastic control arms it snapped clean off and was done...I would go with alloy hubs and c-hubs but think I would leave the control arms plastic...it just LOOKS worse than it is seeings how the right rear has been completely AMPUTATED...LOL!

And hey...the commercials have already started and to tell you the truth I would LOVE to visit Australia some day!...that is one of my goals in the next few years....my Dad spent 6 weeks down there and LOVED it...he has traveled all over and he said YOU folks are some of the nicest and most welcoming people he has ever met...he said if he was younger he would move "down under" in a HEARTBEAT!....

Hopefully when I get down there I can look you up and we can blow the froth off a couple of cold ones "Mate"!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Buggygovroom

bearded dragons? how did my ex girl get into this conversation...

The alloy stuff i got was pretty cheap from hong kong.. took less than 10 days to get here. front and rear shock towers were 8 bucks each and they are thicker than the standard ones, rear arms were 14, front 14 upper was like 10 something. wasnt to bad.

That was one hell of a hit. I think i am going to start a buggy insurance company. id make loads off my friend
Old 03-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Xeller8

LOL!!...well thanks for the offer Bug...

Sorry but I will probably pass on the buggy insurance as I already pay out the butt for the shop...the house and 3 vehicles the way it is!

Go hit up the 1/10 boys...I'm sure you'd make a killing over there!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Buggygovroom

Finally finished, everything done is this.

Body and paint, Kyosho wing, Kyosho front, center and rear diffs.
Kyosho front and rear "Yeah" aluminum upgrade shock towers.
Kyosho front upper and lower "Yeah" aluminum arms.
Kyosho rear lower aluminum arms.
Front and rear universal joints instead of dogbones.

Still some gold pieces to get rid of but so far its done
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20493.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	422797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55675.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	422798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82225.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	422799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44656.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	422800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn77665.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	422801  
Old 03-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Xeller8

WOW...quite the piece of work....nice job Bug![8D]

Gonna put a motor in it now?...LOL!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Kemo

which mp 7.5 parts fit it without a problem?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Buggygovroom

the motor has a lose flywheel and the gastank is cracked, thats why they are out
Old 03-09-2006, 12:53 AM
mozzzy_2000

well its nice to hear so many good things about Oz from foreigners!! Of course I'm totally biased since I have been born & bred in Perth, Western Australia for all my life! Did I mention Perth is by far thee best capital city in Australia? well of course I'm biased but even the eastern side of Oz is "jealous" of little 'ol Perth! hehe
Yeah mate its a bloody dam good place hey! And we here in Perth are "blessed" with a "holiday" island, called Rottnest, just 21 KM off Perth. Absolutely awesome. Add Margaret River 3 hrs south, for some of THE BEST surf posts & best beaches in the world along with a wine region regarded around the world as one of the best wine regions anywhere, you really can;t go wrong in Perth!
And sorry to disppoint there aint no bearded dragons running down the street! Actually they are quite rare & are only found in certain remote areas of the bush & therefore are very expensive on the black market. BY the way even though you may be able to keep exotic pets in the US, getting caught with one of those will get you either a stint in jail or about a $200000 fine or both!! And that aint no joke!! Same goes with any Australian protected species.
And by the way you Americans still don;t think we have Kangaroos bouncing down the street & koalas up every tree?? We here think thats pretty amusing hey. Kangaroos are bush animals & as such found in the bush. Having said that, you only have to take a 30 minute drive out of Perth to get to bushland! so there not that far away. Actually the closest I've seen roos in the city was many years ago when I went to Uni. The campus was perched on the urban fringe of Perth, boardering bushland. We regularly had kangaroos coming into the common areas of the campus! Even for us Aussies that was a huge kick hey! I tell you what though, cars, roads & kangaroos simply don;t mix. My sister hit a roo the otherday & wrote off her subaru!! Not to mention poor 'ol kanga! made that truggy crash look good!
Now Koalas are even rarer. I don;t think there are any popluations of them here in the west. From what I understand they seem to be mainly up in north Queensland mostly, around the rain forrests up there. But again they are rare as. I have never seen or touched one myself. They are by the way very vicious little animals! I have however hand fed kangaroos & Emus on many occasions though. Thats "eemew", not "eemoo" as we hear Americans call them! haha..
By the way we all thought Steve Irwin was a joke until everyone in the US took him seriously hey. And after he had his baby with him whilst feeding a croc here a few years ago, I think most Aussies unfortunately think he's a bit a of a twat thesedays. he has however made millions & millions of bucks.
No offense to America & you guys but to us it seems to us you guys are getting very politically correct thesedays? We always hear Bush saying how "free" America is. Well it maybe to a certain extent but not compared to us hey. Anyone who speaks out in public in opposition to your government virtually gets villified for it, it seems. I beleive you can't say "merry christmas" in the states anymore as it may "offend" non christians? Non-christians here don;t seem to care. I also heard the otherday that in 8 US states, oral sex is illegal?? I simply could not beleive that its so bizarre! Well to me anyway. You can say s**t & f**k here on tv without anyone blinking an eye. Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" would have been heralded here as classically funny. I hear so many yanks hate Bush & his policies, how in gods name did he get in for a second term? He is portrayed here so badly hey. enough said there I think.
You can also now grow pot in your backyard here in Perth too. And geez we've got the weather for it! did I say that?
Yeah i reckon Perth & Australia is a pretty good place to live. And if anyone comes here, let us know & we'll have a "coldy"!!!
Did I also mention we have thee hottest chicks down here too??? Seriously thats what alot of foreigners say. Its are weather & beach culture that brings them out!
Cheers. I'll leave out my personal opinions next time. I hope I haven;t offended anyone. Its just my observations really thats all. Australia very much has its own weaknesses, one also being some of our politics as well.
Matt
Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 AM
jcam54

not funny xeller8!!!![&o]

Just kidding!!

I think drivers ed videos are a better sell over there!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:43 AM
trpastor

ahahhaah -

Holy s&^t man - that was a hell of a post! I want to reread it and it's late now, but that just made me wanna pack my bags and move in!!

The beardies we have here are "supposed" to be from bloodlines that were gathered before laws changed in (what was it? 77 80?)
However, when I was into them, it seemed that "new" color morphs of um kept popping up with frequency. And it's not that easy to do in a short time with selective breeding alone.

Everyone else reading this is probably thinking what the hell;'s that gotta do with cars. I'll try to keep my next post on subject

Later
Old 03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Xeller8

Hey...I loved the post Mozzzy...so what if it's off topic...nothing wrong with a little friendly banter here and there...and yes....Bush sucks...our entire government structure sucks anymore....and don't even get me started on the whole PC issue....UGH!....we need another revolution and complete restructuring...LOL!.....like Tim...I'm ready to pack my bags and move down THERE after reading your post!.....CHEERS MATE![8D]

P.S...box up one of those golden brown Aussie hotties and send her to me will ya??...(I'd be more than happy to pay the shipping)....these single American women are getting too damn difficult to deal with anymore....too many games![:'(]

Jcam....you KNOW it was funny...don't lie!....LOL!

On topic...my parts should be here today or tomorrow so I should be able to get her put back together and off the operating table...I also should see my new electric start before the end of the week!...I'm kind of concerned about my one way bearing though...it's been slipping lately but I am going to take the back plate off and get the bearing out and clean it to see if that helps...yes I said get it OUT....this motor is set up differently than the stock one...the one way is not on the outside as the crank shaft doesn't come out of the back of the motor...the different design kind of threw me off for a minute but I've got it figured out now.[8D]
Old 03-09-2006, 11:56 AM
mozzzy_2000

hey guys well I'm glad I didn;t offend anyone hey. Talking of PC, we've just got news down here that England doesn;t like the word "bloody" in those new Aussie tourism commercials!! Hows that hey? Geez they're getting tight those poms!! Now all we have to do is beat the crap out of them at cricket!! You guys would probably hate cricket hey. Did you guys know that the Test games go for 5 Days!! tell ya what it goes well with slothing about on the couch in front of the tele with a couple of "tinnies"
Actually over here finding a hot chick that has brains is much harder than you think trust me! So many good looking play very hard to get!
Hey yeah just be careful about Australian indigenous animals like snakes & reptiles. Not sure specifically about the bearded dragons but a lot of our species are protected & get smuggled to the states & sold for heaps on the blackmarket. Over here you are allowed to keep certain species but under a permit. But geez be careful for some guy might say "yeah its legal" when infact its not & like I said if you get caught there are massive fines.
Sorry guys completely off the subject but lets say this is "educational". We here in WA have abalone, which is a expensive asian delicacy & our abalone stocks are extremely low because they have been fished out by illegal asian fisherman. The season now goes for 4 days a year, yes thats 4 days a year only a couple of hours each day & theres a bag limit. I remember a few years ago some asian dude got caught with a massive bag of them, was arrested and fined almost $1,000,000!! Yes thats $1Million!!! They don;t even fine drug pushers that much here thesedays so its quite remarkable really.
Anyway guys I'm still waiting for parts. I think I may have gone with the wrong guys as they are being very slow indeed. Cheap parts though. Thinking it would have paid to spend a bit more to get them quicker. I am so itching to get back out there hey!
Cheers
Matt
ps. I do crap on a bit don;t I??
Old 03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Buggygovroom

I think mozzy has more text in his combined posts than everyone else combined
Old 03-09-2006, 02:39 PM
trpastor

Yeah - you know it's interesting but I think it's a sign that us idiots in the US are always in a rush> I know I am and I don't think I'm alone. See, I didn't even have time to take out the greater than sign LOL
Old 03-09-2006, 10:48 PM
raceman17

Hey guys, How are yall doing? I think my buggy will be in on Saturday. I was wanting to know what are some good settings to start on the carb? I know they have been mentioned in the past 17 pages but it took me two evenings to read all that so, any help would be appreciated. I will be getting the XP with the .28.
Thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Xeller8

Try this if you like...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3965371/tm.htm
Old 03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
mozzzy_2000

Sorry I crap on hey! I'm on holidays at the mo so I have too much tme on my hands. And yes we are very "laid back" here in Oz. Its the weather hey & the fact we live on the coast I think. Plus we don;t seem to give a toss about anything in particular..haha
Old 03-09-2006, 10:56 PM
mozzzy_2000

Hey question: Whats that bracket that hangs off the side of the radio tray? Looks like its meant to hold something but I can't figure it out?
Cheers
Old 03-10-2006, 12:19 AM
redbull08

Well the day has finally come, its running!!! I dropped it off and the hobby stop yesterday to get it tuned and they called me to pick it up today. So i go there and they were amazed that i paid half the price for it first of all. Second they tuned it, and broke it in for me for $40 so i cant beat that. He said it runs like a rapped ape!! I will send some picks as soon as it stops raining. Wish me luck!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Xeller8

COOL!!...welcome to the club![8D]

Mozzzy...I think I know what you are talking about and I have always been kind of curious about that myself...lol!
Old 03-10-2006, 01:19 AM
mozzzy_2000

redbull08 sounds like you got the same response as I got from my LHS.ie They were amazed. And gee the pro in there knows how to control these babies oh so well. Good luck hey!
Xeller8 I'm glad I'm not the only one who deson't know what its for. I have seen them described as a "servo" supports but for what servo I ask? I've also seen them described as "module" supports. Do you reckon they used to add telemetry to your car? Things like system monitors or speed meters?
I'll ask the guys in the shop I think.
Cheers!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:06 AM
mozzzy_2000

He's food for thought. I was just reading a local club's website & there was an article there about the new Hyper .21 8 Port. They reckon its operates between 290 - 310F!!!! Dam thats hot & makes me rest a little easier when these Infinty's run about 270F+. Very interesting I think..
Old 03-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Buggygovroom

the little bracket on the radio tray is meant to hold some kinda lap timer at races.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:04 PM
mozzzy_2000

yeah personal transponders. just reading about them. Pricey hey.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Xeller8

Hey guys whats up?...

Got my parts today...(well most of them)...and got Frankenbuggy off the operating table and back up and running!

Something got messed up with the order and the rear shocks didn't get sent....however I was able to improvise until they get here (probably Tuesday)...I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get this thing put back together until then but I had a brainstorm...I ran home during lunch and dug out my old 1/10 Kyosho Outrage (electric buggy) that has been hibernating in the basement for YEARS...I think I bought it back in '93 or so and haven't run it for probably 8 years...I figured I was probably wasting my time even THINKING that I may be able to use anything off of it as I knew the shocks would be way too short but it was the top cap I was after..(old one busted in the wreck)...I got back to my shop and compared it to my current one and it was the same diameter AND fit nicely on the top mount!...I took the cap off the old one and tried this one....well...it's plastic and has the wrong threads so I took my heat gun to it...got it good and warm and just re-threaded it on to the 1/8th shock body....guess what....it WORKED!...whoda thunk it??...LOL!

So...it is great to have this thing back up and running and that plastic cap will work for now until I get my new shocks.

I also put my stock wheels and tires back on for now until I get it geared down and heavier duty clutch shoes and springs...(researching that stuff now)...I noticed the day I wrecked that it sounded as though maybe the clutch was slipping under the load of those big tires and the clutch bell was getting a lot hotter than normal (I figured that would happen)....I took the clutch bell off last night and I have really burned the shoes down quite a bit...LOL!...but they still work GREAT...in fact with so much material gone off of them it has delayed the engagement just like heavier springs would so it takes a few more R's and she really launches off the line now!

I also got my Sportwerks electric start the other day and installed that....MAN IS THAT NICE!....goodbye pullstarter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.