Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Old 08-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Buggygovroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

I never had the infinity engine. My redcat was the .21 version. Im sure the comparison is night and day though.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
saintlouis

Hi mozz, i think i would love to see your inferno, man, you're hop ups are the expensive ones. i love to have those stuff on my inferno too. but i'm gonna get that Modified RB VP COBRA first. how come they don't have "BUY IT NOW" Option? i was requesting that they would accept western Union Money Transfer coz Paypal doesn't have Philippines in their membership application list so i can't apply for any bidding that requires paypal payments. I wonder how much it would cost for a "buy it" now option. Honestly, i'm so hungry to get that VP Cobra.

M1 Buggy is a new innovative buggy design by Team Magic. IF i were to choose where i would spent my money first, i'll go for the VP Cobra.

Bug, i already sent you the video just wait for it. hope you like it.

Mozz, do you have any email add?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Buggygovroom

My buggy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53554.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	501750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23314.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	501751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40792.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	501752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65396.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	501753  
Old 08-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Buggygovroom

Also, if anyone has any of their own clips they would like included in this video feel free to send them to me and i'll work them in there.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
trpastor

Hey Guys!

Long time no type eh?? I need your help. Do you know what kind of pull start other than Himoto/Redcat, I can use on this... so I don't have to order online?

I finally got it all fixed and running, went down to the sweet track that's freshly done, and pulled to start it and broke the string. It started (on the breaking pull) but then! Just as soon as I hit the trigger it farted and died!! I'd like to go try it today if I can find one lcocally

Tim
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM
zaintlouis

Pas , sorry i have no idea but hey for me it's better to take off your pull starter and use starterbox instead, you get 10 % performance loss if you keep using your pullsarter. anyway that's what i did, it's all up to you listen or not.

Mozz, Bug, i was cruising around outside this thread and look what i've found. i wonder why he made his buggy to look like this.
Strange, it looks familiar to me..

Name:	Lj23549.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	505204  
Old 08-10-2006, 02:14 PM
trpastor

Ok, fair enough - I'll amend the request then

What roto starts will work with these. Anyone know? I don't want to carry around the starter box really. I have a tool box that a electric screwdriver could fit easily into. Any leads would be appreciated.

That's one funky buggy there!!!
Tim
Old 08-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Buggygovroom

The Hpi Rotostart works. You have to file down the exhaust flange slightly for the roto start backplate to fit but its worth it.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
trpastor

Hey BGV... thanks! I looked around on tower hobbies, but I'm not seeing exactly what I need. It's been a while since I toyed with the idea of putting one on and so now I don't really know the parts I'm gonna need.

Is this it?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKJE0&P=7
Old 08-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Buggygovroom

Thats the gear set for the rotostart backplate. This is the case http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXERG0&P=7

but the rotostart package comes with the shaft, handheld roto start, backplate and gears here http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKSC8&P=ML

All you need is a 7.2v battery pack which is like 10 bucks or so from tower. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAFD2&P=V
Old 08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
trpastor

Cool, cool cool... I'm pretty sick of pulling on that damn rope anyway !!

Thanks for the guidance

Hey, it's been a while, any crazy videos of these things jumping etc that I missed?
Tim
Old 08-11-2006, 07:04 AM
mozzzy_2000

Hey Tim welcome back! Not sure of you can remember but I had the rotostart on my infinity .27 for awhile there. Pops on without any mods I was told? anyway they are handy but they break so easily! Mine lasted about a gallon before the gears went. So I use a starter box & I'd have to agree they are heaps better. I've moved onto race .21's which of course are all starter box only. But why am I tellng you this?? Shouldn't be you telling me?? hahaha...

And Louis the mods I've put on do sound expensive hey but I purchased it all over the net so I saved heaps. Still cost a bit all up but you'ld be supprised how cheap some of the stuff is. The carbon parts for instance costs heaps cheaper than any of the alloy hopups I've seen so its all good in the end. I will post some pics. Doesn't quite have the bling factor of yours because mine is mostly black and blue so its not quite so "shiny". But dam its fast. The only problem is now that everytime I use it, something either falls off or breaks so thats annoying but its a heck of a good time all the same!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:13 AM
trpastor

Alright - I guess I'll look more at the bump boxes. They cost more though and seems like a pain to carry around with everything else. Oh well.

So Mozzy have you raced the Himoto? with what .21 engine?

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, things get busy here and I have to drop off some times.

Tim
Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 AM
zaintlouis

i getting curious about the hopups you purchased on the net, show us some pictures. shine factor is not really that important you know that, if it adds to the performance of the car then it's absolutely your moneys worth. ahhh .. uhurmm.. can i ask you someting what do you mean by heaps? hehehe (autralian dollar?) i've seen rolling chassis on sale with lots of hop ups on it , so nice so tempting to buy but i'm determine to save money for the 198r M- Cobra this time after my Car body Project for which Buggygo will be the one to paint it. becarefull mozz, sometimes Aluminum is just plain aluminum and not CNC or 7075 aircraft grade aluminum. ordinary aluminum is a little heavier than 7075 and not as strong. Well, for as long as performance is good i think ordinary is ok. You know what, using those metal parts on my buggy it made me feel like i'm not driving a toy. it makes me feel like i'm driving a real car. funny isn't it

make the photos as many as you can. I'm sure we'll love it. Atleast we would know where to buy next instead on those expensive stores on the net. You're a very practical person and i admire you for that.

Tim, Mozz if i have extra heaps, i'll send you both the video i sent to Erik(Buggygo)
Old 08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
zaintlouis

I think i found the owner of that "out of this world artistic kyosho buggy" i think he's one of my own kind a fellow filipino sigh.. i'm embarass[&o]

Name:	Ki18226.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	505678  
Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Buggygovroom

The only thing missing from that picture is Stevo wrestling an alligator! lol
Old 08-11-2006, 11:23 PM
mozzzy_2000

Louis, I was remarking that I was supprised that the carbon parts for the buggy were a lot cheaper than I would have thought & in some cases much cheaper than some alloy hopups. In terms of overall cost of the hopups, I suppose it does get expensive. Actually a don't want to do the math to be honest but in terms of comparing prices, since I practically bought everything off ebay, I have saved seriously at least 50% I'd say! Everything is so much cheaper on the net since you cut out the middle man. I still haven't finished the buggy just yet but I will take some pic don;t worry.

In terms of the alloy aluminium, from what I've learnt is that most of the well known alloy hopups will be 7075-T6, also known as billet alloy. The alloy thats usually the standard on most RTR nitro's is 6061, which is cast & not nearly as strong. To my knowledge 7075 aluminium is actually considerably denser than the 6061 alloy and hence is heavier. You can usually tell the difference. The Redcat/bazook & himoto alloy hopups are of the heavier 7075 billet variety. The only other lighter stronger alloy parts I know of is ergal aluminium like the fioroni hopups. Amazingly light and incredibly strong.

Hey Tim I found a 2nd hand starter box on ebay for half what they cost in the shops here. But I have seen plenty of them on the net at very good prices. In terms of weight, they are dam heavy if you use a 12V SLA battery but I have recently switched to 2, 7.2V flat packs which makes it significantly lighter to carry around. Since its also a total of over 14V, it gives the starter wheel more power which makes starting easier. But as they are the 7.2V packs they of course don't last as long between charges.
No I haven;t raced yet Tim. I have rebuilt a kyosho mp7.5 from the ground up into a future racing beast though and kept the himoto as a basher. I bought a couple of great 2nd engines, very cheaply, on ebay. I've put a RB WS7 in the mp7.5 and put a Sirio Kanai #1 in the himoto. Scary fast engines. Puts the ifinity .27 to a little bit of shame I'd have to admit. But having said that though its like comparing chaulk to cheese. These race 21s cost almost 3 times as much new so you'ld hope you get better performance so the inifity 27 at a fraction of the cost is probably the more economical choice on a budget.
In terms of racing I plan to but since its winter here and there being no indoor facility, racing is pretty spasmodic over the next few months. Still learning to control these monsters still. They travel so much faster it makes controlling them properly that much harder.

Hey buggy I saw from your pics ( nice buggy by the way!) that you've got one of those Y plates on your car. I was looking at those & I wondered whether it would put stress on the center diff in the event of a head on crash or whether it indeed does stiffen the buggy? Have you had any prangs with it on? just curious.

Anyway cheers guys!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:50 AM
zaintlouis

HEy mozz thanx for that alloy info, i'm more enlightened. Ergal ha, no wonder firionis are so expensive.

bug, yeah bug it's really funny

Old 08-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Jas the Ace

G'day everyone, just a query on himoto vs kyosho parts. Firstly I have a Bazooka (which I think you call Himoto or Red cat) I broke the lhf lower control arm from a high speed impact some time ago, and made a query through here on parts etc. I recieved great response from all over the place, so thank you all for that. I still haven't bought or ordered new parts yet cos I still dont have a credit card, but, a fellow paddock basher friend of mine has kindly given me his rolling chassis of a Kyosho-inferno 7.5 for substitute parts which has done very little work. As some things are a little bit different and dont quite match up, I had to basically change the whole front end, which was quite simple. But I did notice the crown wheel on the 7.5 front diff was almost cactus, it has done little work, and the diff on my bazooka still looks like new after a lot of thrashing, in fact everything on the bazooka looks a lot stronger in comparison to the 7.5. But for availabilty to myself I can't complain. So now I have my bazooka assembled, I am now concerned about the gear ratio of the front diff of the 7.5, is it the same ratio? I am worried that if it is different, I will have a lot of trouble with the centre diff as well as the performance. I dont want it to go 5 metres and have things bind up and break the more expensive parts. Also just flicking back through a couple posts here, I see some talk about engines. I am keen to get a good engine that has massive top speed power, and also a little bit of torque for down low. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to look for in my hobby shops, I am thinking around the $300au mark. I better let ya's go and do some serious stuff now, I am only a backyarder, so any info to me is great info. Keep up the good work guys. Time for a Bundy.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Buggygovroom

VZB
Old 08-13-2006, 12:40 PM
beep4me

get the LRP Z.28R Spec 3 engine Thats what I run.......I'm pushing 60mph... could'nt sleep knowing that a jato beat me.... BUT the jato is no longer a problem :P
Old 08-13-2006, 12:43 PM
beep4me

I read all yal's talk about starter boxes vs. roto-start.... It's quiet simple, if your going to race then use a starter box, if your just going to bash and such then use the roto-start. No one wants to carry around a giant bump box if they're not doing serious racing, theyre HEAVY!!!!!! But the bump boxes are nice if your racing cus you just leave them at your pit spot! Just my 2 cents!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Kemo

uh, dono about you, but if you do racing and are good at it, your bump box is carried where ever you go at the race if you are in any main longer than 7 minutes.

Still for bashing, i'd have it there too.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:05 PM
beep4me

you like the bump box for bashing? it's not very convenient for bashing......just my opinion.... guess it's just a matter of preference
Old 08-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Kemo

I dont like using pull starts or drill starts on my engines I'm forced to bump.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.