Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:12 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

right about that. at some online shops you can find one in the high 900s, but you still have to pay shipping.

most hobby shops sell em at around $1100, so it wouldn't be worth it to ship to Australia
Old 10-30-2006, 06:15 AM
mozzzy_2000

yeah I'd say so! Have you seen the size of them? Huge. The burnouts it leaves on the road is crazy. I imagine the postage would probably be about $150 alone just from the shaer size! Actually there's a guy here in Perth that's selling his for $1000. But yeah pipe dreams at the moment!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:44 AM
mozzzy_2000

Anyway guys check out the vid of yesterday's action. I wish I had been featured but my buggy was a b##ch yesterday! Anyway take a peek. Its 60Mb. The guy that does them does a pretty impressive ob of putting the films together. Hopefully I can be in the next one!

http://nitrobashers.com/Video/BashMasters.wmv
Old 10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet video who is the girl that has the guy pined down?????[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
mozzzy_2000

haha yeah I was wondering who she was as well! I don;t know the guy personally but I'm guessing its his girlfriend or wife I would imagine. Its only a tiny vid so I think he just "fleshed" it out in more ways than one! hahaha
But on the nitrobashers.com there's heaps better vids from previous bashes. They're pretty professionally done in my opinion. Pretty lucky to have him him with us. Some of his work could be made into dvd's I reckon.
Anyway the guys here are organising another MEGA BASH on Nov 12 at a local BMX track. There's already about 20 guys registered their interest. I am hoping I can get there cuz it's looking like its gonna be huge! And I'm going to have start putting my buggys through their paces I think. Should be good.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:11 PM
giddyuperic

Sound's[sm=lol.gif] like fun. I was wondering if you could post some photo's of your rides so we can check them out[sm=cool.gif] You can see all of mine in my gallry, you know your profile and in the mean time I am going to ntrobasher.com.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:49 AM
giddyuperic

Hey what's up hows it going? You know I went to nitrobashers .com and signed up and watch so really good video's now it won't let me back on the site????
Old 10-31-2006, 02:53 AM
giddyuperic

Well I got back on and now A member and now I know why you guy's are all ways breaking stuff[sm=71_71.gif] But it look like great fun so more power to you. It's A great site. You know you should do R and D work for redcat, you know tell them what works and what does not work[>:] Good luck buddy
Old 10-31-2006, 04:34 AM
mozzzy_2000

hey Eric check back on page 48 of this thread. I posted some pics there a few weeks ago. If you're downloading vids off the nitrobashers site check out the ones titles "POD", or Pit Of Death!! ahaha, you'll understand when you see the vid! worth checking out for even crazier antics!

Yeah the site went down earlier today. Its back up & running though. Yeah and I saw you were our lastest member! welcome aboard from half way across the world!! ahah yeah well we may be a long way away but we're a pretty easy going bunch of nitro enthusiests though. Plenty of banter going on. And no way near as censored as this thread which you should notice pretty much straight away!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:52 PM
giddyuperic

Hey Yes that site is up and going and they have some sweet video's. I really like it I bet you guys keep the local hobby shop happy Yea and remember that we might be on the other side of the pond. but we are all the same big boy's with toy's
Old 10-31-2006, 05:48 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic
You know you should do R and D work for redcat
Maybe if the company wasn't so poorly organized, or if it cared, they'd actually HAVE an R&D department
Old 10-31-2006, 09:41 PM
mozzzy_2000

Maybe if the company wasn't so poorly organized, or if it cared, they'd actually HAVE an R&D department
very true. one wonders sometimes hey.

Hey Eric glad ya like the site. And yep I reckon the LHS "love" us. Actually my fav shop "loves" me because thesedays I go in their for little things like bearings and they just give them to me for free. But thats only come after I have spent a tonne of money in their shop! haha
In regards to the nitrobashers site, its just been migrated over to another system so there are many sections of the site that are not operating, just in case you were wondering..
Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 PM
ImTheJoker4U2

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic
You know you should do R and D work for redcat
If they had any smarts, theyd use this thread as R&D
...so Im back from PA..rained like hell there and coolllddddd. But being the hardcore thrasher i am than din stop me.. so i took it out on the dirt road (slicks on it and all) went down the road, back up, back down and into an unforseen puddle that about drowned the lil buggy. So I pulled the cover, wrung out the soaked air cleaner (I wonder if I could fab up a sorkle fer this thing...) and made one more pass b4 the wheel fell off (I lost the lock nut and was using a regular nut). Luckliy I had a spare nut and my loktite with me so that repair was easy. So after a few killer drifts out of the parking lot and into the street, I lost it and flipped it in the grass, which broke the rear A arm (again). Unfortunately I left my allen wrench set at home, so I could not repair it (which was fine by me cause it was too friggin cold n wet out anyway). BTW I switched to 20% car fuel as suggested..I noticed it runs wayyy hotter and squirts less oil out the pipe. Running leaner? I fattened up the main needle. heres a few pics of my franken beast.. BTW howdo you guys keep those things so clean!?!?!?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81887.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	552216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75400.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	552217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90947.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	552218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80067.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	552219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zk67944.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	552220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc49377.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	552221  
Old 10-31-2006, 11:00 PM
mozzzy_2000

Thats what I like to see! Bash hard or go home!! haha yeah well I'd love to see one of these things with drift wheels! Saw a monstor truck with drift wheels on it the otherday. It was crazy! Like it was sliding on ice. Looked so bizarre. Very funny though.

Cleaning? Well I take the buggy apart in pieces. Take the front & rear off in one piece, then take out the radio plate(very important!! I fried a reciever the otherday!!) & Engine/muffler. Then I use a toohbrush to get as much dirt as possible out of it. Then I use metholated spirits(denatured alcohol) and spray that all over it and really give it a good going over. Use the toohbrush to loosen the dirt. Let that dry & then use compressed air or at worse, a hairdryer to blow away the rest of the dirt.

You wont get it completely dirt free but it will be very clean. Just becarefull that no moisture at all gets onto the receiver & try to keep the servos clean & dry too. Hence playing in puddles may be fun but you'll end up in tears!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

joker, i think your car needs a bath
Old 10-31-2006, 11:16 PM
mozzzy_2000

yeah in regard to changing fuel, its ususally takes a few tanks to re-tune it depending on what you change to. You should also take it a bit easy when changing fuels especially if you have gone in nitro%. Its sorta like doing a mini run in.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
mozzzy_2000

hhaha yeah I try and not to let my cars get that bad in the first place. But sometimes you just can;t be stuffed cleaning it especially if you plan to use for more than one day in row.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Kemo

Not only do they need R&D... but they need some sort of marketing

Cant sell cars with out sending a vehicle out to MAGAZINE guys or ADVERTISING... HINT HINT. Not having "money" is a poor excuse... how can you afford NOT to do it? Invest a grand or two and make it back up in sales.

A good company will listen to what the consumers want. But if there are no consumers to tend to... how do you reach to them? thats where advertising comes in. Or is that a newsflash to them? [X(] Now, my question is... who actually reads the forums from Redcat and actually acknowledges us? Personally, this company is headed in the wrong direction.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

...my nipples EXPLODE with delight...
Old 11-01-2006, 12:00 AM
mozzzy_2000

haha! Hey Kemo where ya been?? I agree about the R&D and marketing. You aint going to get too far without promoting your product. Having said that though its still a relatively new company.
I will say though that Himoto is doing a better job at it I think. Well at least they had a team driver at the world's driving the new himoto. Unfortunately though as yet it has not been released to the public. looks the goods though.

By the way what time is it in the US?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:56 AM
giddyuperic

Hey what's up mate? can I call you that? Or is it not cool uless I am from down under? I can tell you that himoto is on the rim of busting out in to the america and aus , and the hard core racing. The owner is A friend of mine and they have been very big in china and will be there if you need them they stand behind all of their products I know this the owner is A great guy and I tell him what's going down here on the west coast and they should be breaking in to your market very soon. Not to bad mouth redcat but they don't even stand close to himoto[sm=punching.gif]
Old 11-01-2006, 06:47 AM
mozzzy_2000

haha Eric yeah you can say mate! not exclusively Australian. The accent is though! haha. You can;t steal "crikey" too either!!

Anyways yeah I'd agree that himoto have got their sh1t together. All their web?ebay sites are amongst the best around I reckon. great prices and fast shipping. Actually one of the drivers here in Perth, Ian Haley, has been working with himoto recently apparantly. Think he had a hand in on the design of the new himoto that was raced at the worlds.

You're gonna laugh but the guys here at my fav shop were so impressed with my 1/8 buggy that litterally a few weeks later they started stocking a few cars! Not that they will admit that of course. Its too much of a coicidence because they'd never even heard of himoto until then.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
giddyuperic

Well since I can say mate then Hey mate I have tell you that I work for himoto and drive all their cars and buggys for them on the west coast and Ian does not drive or work for himoto since right before the world's he and himoto went their own way's on good terms. We will be starting are on forums to help all of the people who are having trouble with the other car company. Did you know that their high end buggy all of the up grade's were done by himoto? I have kinda been working under cover. So I am sorry for not telling the truth up front So let me know if you have any problems need to ask about parts and things like that. And as you can see we have much better price's on parts and up grade's too
Old 11-01-2006, 04:06 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Eric (i'm Eric too) can you get induvidual parts for the Himoto starter boxes?
Old 11-01-2006, 05:02 PM
giddyuperic

yes tell me what the part is and what kind of box and I will check it out. P.S. great name[sm=biggrin.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.