Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 98 of 135 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3375

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

The Go Tech engines are really taking off here in new Zealand. They are popping up in buggies and truggies everywhere. Most guys are going .21 - 7 port in the buggies and .21 - 5 port in the truggies. The Go .28 is also very popular for truggies. Back up and parts is good too. Like you say Matt, long term performance is yet to be proven, but everybody really likes them, and they sure provide good performance for your dollar. If my trusty Vertex would just give in and die I would have one [:-]
    Don\'t take life too seriously - No one gets out alive anyway.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes griz, aside from that the gotech engines got good dyno test results by (eb mod) compared to other italian engines. but i could still consider the hyper 21 8 port for a cheaper price this engine is not so bad at all. matt you have just convinced me! i'll get the hyper 21 8 port as my race/bash engine.
    i torture my engine a lot, our bash area is long and wide, i always do a wot for a very long time unlike in a racetrack you will have to slow down from time to time specially on tight tracks. so i think the hyper 21 8 port is an ideal engine for me. for a 60 bucks piston and sleeve why not?
    I hate onroad cars but give me a Ferrari i\'\'\'\'ll drive it. - PRO INFERNOS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, My mate took a heap of great photos at the track the other day. He has posted them on picsaweb.google - just click on the following link

http://picasaweb.google.com/azzman11...ditTrack280707

and choose the slideshow option with a 3 second view time. Should keep you amused for a few minutes. Cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Excellent stuff grizz!! Righto, now when you send me over the track and some rain could you please include your photographer? Top quality pics, well done guys!

Yes I am back from fishing, bought my daughter a new rod and reel and its paid for already, yeap, she caught the most fish (well she wound them in at least), we had a great time and easily caught enough fish to last us a while without catching to many. We don't get those big King George Whiting that you get mozz, we only get winter/golden lined/and sand whiting and are among the best eating fish in the world. Actually briefly met some people from your city mozz while I was fishing, and they were so impressed with queensland to, it was like they discovered life again.

Back to reallity, I'm considering some RPM 'A' arms for my buggy and truck, I don't know if they are available for the buggy or not? But are they any good in reallity? Are they much heavier than the standard plastics? They would be more stronger and flexible then alloys right? I won't buy any if there is any doubt cos they are a bit expensive.

Cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey just thought you might need to know this

http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6611

It's about Dragon Racing Products. beware of its products!

Nice photos!! You got great group of drivers over there ha Griz. those photos are very inspirational.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G'day fellas. yeah Louis I reckon the hyper 21 8P is a hot engine for its price hey. I'm sure the go-tech would be just as good if not better but yeah I reckon you find better value for money than the hyper 21 8P. The parts are a dime a dozen so you cant loose really. I'd probably go for the startbox only version as the pullstarts tend to snap easily due to the engine being extraordinarily tight apparantly. The ony thing worth noting is that because they are very tight, you need to take your time with the runin but I've spoken to people that have had 15gallons through theirs and still going strong. That for me seems pretty amazing even for an Italian engine to achieve that.

Hey grizz great actions snaps! Dam thats a choice track too bro! lol How I wish we had something similar here. We do but we only really have 1 genuine offroad track and then there's another club that races on tempory grass tracks. Both of these you have to join to be able to race or practise. I'm supprised there isnt a hobby shop here with an attached track. That would be joy!

Great to see you had a successful fishing trip Jas. Always great to get a free feed hey! Yeah we get heaps of whiting over here. Mostly sand whiting, sometimes KG if your lucky. Sandies and herring is pretty much WA's no.1 bread 'n butter fish as there are huge numbers of here.
    With those RPM arms I am not sure if they do hopups for buggys hey? I think they are just truck parts aren;t they? What parts are you looking for in your buggy? Maybe I can suggest something?

Gee Louis I wish you hadn;t shown me that about dragon racing chassis! I have some dragon racing parts and so far I have been pretty happy with them. They're certianly not the best I have bought but I've never had any major issues with them. I wouldn't say their anywhere near the same quality as fioroni for instance but yeah those reports are quite worrying. I have a chassis that may very well be a dragon racing chassis. Hmm its my inferno mp7.5 that has this chassis. It looks very similar to the dragon racing one in those pics but mine is not marked with any brand name. Gee I really hope mine lasts the distant but so far its survived some pretty harsh treatment so I probably shouldn;t be worried I guess. I think I'm going to check mine for chassis damage...cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Louis this one is for you. I just read that Axe Rossi Cobra just took out the 2007 European Champs!! They are apparantly releasing a special EC version next month in celebration. Now I bet you want this engine now Louis?? Hahahaha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Matt, i'll never ever go back to pull starts and that's definite. i might get the none pullstart hyper 21 8 port soon for which it will be use so often.

Oh man... the Cobra.... 2007 European champion!!!!!! we were so right about choosing and buying this engine. well there's a predecessor of the cobra. it might be it! i'll try to see the model of that particular axe rossi engine. ye mozz it's a great news!!!

i just had a wonderful bash with the cobra yesterday. it got me a little worried coz i somehow leaned the setting too much as i noticed when engine stalled down. so i put it to a stop immediately and then richen it up a bit. Since it overheated i break it in again with a tank of fuel. afterwards.. yeh i went back to being normal aggresive driver hehehe. . as usual everybody around me was impressed by the way it pushes my bazooka buggy hehe. so amazing! i'm so happy and contented with it. i'll put it on my sp2 after two bottles more and after taking a video.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi team. In reference to those RPM arms I mentioned, I am just after any feedback at the moment hey, I have seen them on a truck and they looked very durable, might look into it for my truck. You are pretty right mozz cos I haven't seen or heard of them yet for the buggy, but that is of no concern as I have not had any problems at all with my factory/standard arms. I have only broken one arm on the Bazooka and that was after a major impact with a solid post, and that was all that broke so I am very impressed with the strength of my buggy. So yeap I dont know if anyone here has had expeience with that brand, I have seen it mentioned a bit on nitro bashers so I may ask in there. Havent been to that site for a couple weeks so I might pop in and ask the question, well for the truck at least.
    As for the buggy, she is as tough as they come, cant wait to get the buggy fund up again to pay for a good quality engine and get it active again.
    Look forward to seeing your video action louis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RPM arms.. are those still hard plastic arms or some 7076 aluminum?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The one's I've seen are plastics, they caught my eye, and they look slightly more flexible but a lot stronger than the basic plastics. I am not sure if they are a lot more heavier, but look like they can handle everything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope there variable sizes in the market for both truggies and buggies as well not just on a truck.

Matt give me the link of that championship please?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Louis great to hear you're having a blast with the cobra at the moment. So how much fuel have you run through it now? Sounds like you've really been giving it a good work out? I've only got perhaps about 1 gallon through mine so you could say its still being run in. Still got its pinch as its still getting stuck on the starterbox when its cold.
    With the new Cobra its called the Axe Rossi Cobra Evolution X1. Thats all I know at this stage. I tried finding the article I read yesterday but I am unable to reproduce it unfortunately. But if I remember correctly its a new improved, factory modified version, probably much like the OS re-released a new and improved Vspec; the v-spec speed. Having said all that though I doubt its going to be any better than your modified cobra or even my modified LSK. Modifying pretty much gets every extra little bit of omph out of an engine so in most cases the limit of performance is reached. I'd say that these factory moddified versions coming out now are pretty much a similar equivalent of getting an engine modified. I'd probably go as far to say that our mods are probably even better. But who really knows hey?? When it comes down to it, you would probably be hard pressed to notice the difference between the 2 engines.

Jas yeah those RPM hopups seem to be only for a couple of brands and predominantly monster trucks at that as well. Check out the website: http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/
    They've got you covered with LST parts as I beleive many LST parts fit the Aftershock? Like I said with your buggy I know all the best parts to upgrade so I can help you there if you are looking for something in particular. With the aftershock I'd ask Scott on NB for his input as he is the "guru" when it comes to all things Losi. And with that engine of mine its still here sitting on a shelf so let us know when or if you still want to proceed with that at some stage. I know this engine will more than blow your mind thats for sure!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey louis, I asked a mate about the engine sizes in the Revo's, the 3.3 is a .18, and the 2.5 is a .15ci engine, just thought I'd let you know. Cheers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah Jas I think I mentioned that earlier. Those numbers they have identifying the various models I am sure are designed to be misleading hey. When I first saw those revos I originally thought that it meant the engine size as in 2.5Hp or a .25 big block but guess again its even smaller!! Man I wonder how many people have bought them thinking they have big engines in them? I'd be right royally peeved thats for sure. Just goes to show you should always research these things first.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mozz good to see you again. i'm amazed by the cobra, i can leave it to operate at its lowest rpm. (but it took me an hour to get this kind of tune) it does not stop. it never dies! as for the consumption, just two more tanks then i'm done with it's first gallon. (Yes the pinch is still there) if i add the break in that'll be a total of 1 and 3/4 of a gallon. i gave one liter of fuel to my uncle who bought a revo.
    Jas, thanks for that info. it helps a lot. I think traxaas intentionally try to mislead consumers. At first i thought it's a version of a kit. like kyosho mp777 etc. They should have sell it like 1/10 .18 Revo or something like that. Redcat does not do that. If you see the advertisement video you'll be impressed! at first i really thought it's more powerful than a .21 1/8 buggy engine. Coz when i tried to review about the 3.3 revo, you'll never see or know of the engine size. Boy am so newbie newbie newbie [:@][:@][:@]

Jas, Matt what do you call about that flexible rounded pipe that are use on the racetrack? how much do they cost?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Louis yeah you pretty much described how my LSK is performing. It too has masses of low end torque, the engine doesn't sound like its even trying hey? You only have to feather the throttle lightly and it already goes so fast. To be honest I haven;t really even hit top speed that much because the RPMs are so insane as you get towards top speed it sort of freaks me out and I kinda think in the back of my mind that its going to blow up or throw a conrod or something. Pretty funny really. I've done perhaps somewhere between 3-4L so I'm kinda thinking maybe I should go easy for a little while longer.

Despite the ambiguity of the revo models I still reckon they're a choice truck. A fair few guys race them here but with v-specs so they must be pretty reliable. The otherthing worth noting about the revo is that its actually classified as 1/10th truck not a 1/8th so maybe thats why they have smaller engines? Having said that though they dont look that much smaller from genuine 1/8th trucks like the LST.

I'm not sure what those pipes are to be honest cuz basically I haven;t paid attention to what they really are! lol but yeah I think, and this is a guess, that they are PVC plumbing pipes perhaps? Not sure otherwise but I'll take a squizz next time I am at the track.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, this is my first post on the forum!

well i ordered me a hurricane xp and should get it thurs. i didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on an 1/8 buggy and the hurricane seems like a good value. i also ordered a jr xs3 radio kit (b/c i heard the stock radio was crap) and added a z650 for the steering servo so i can use the steering servo that comes with with the kit for throttle and brake.

basically what i wanted to know is what other additions should i make for this thing to be a competitive racer. from what i've read it's not the best racer out there but it should at least keep up. i just want to know if i'm going to be all out dusted by the bigger brands or will i have a pretty decent buggy.

also i saw a cen matric rtr that comes with an airtronics mx-3 radio system for $399. would i have been better off getting that instead of the hurricane?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys,

Louie - The piping we use for track perimeters here ia a black plastic / alkathene pipe used for drainage. It is flexible like one of those slinky springs that the kids play with, and full of small holes. The idea being you bury it about .5 metres under the surface and all the water in your lawn drains down and through the holes and then gets carried away to where ever you route the pipe. Fortunately it is also a perfect non buggy damaging shock absorbing barrier for nitro race tracks . I think here it is about $15 - $20 a metre, maybe a little less.
    Made some enquiries about the track design, and there is nothing written down anywhere. The guys just ripped into it with the digger and created what they thought would best suit the land we had to work with, put some edging in and built our rickety old drivers perch out of offcuts some of the guys had lying around. Budget job but it's a neat little track, and yet to be mastered by this driver [:@]
    We are actually getting a digger in over the next few weeks to smooth the track out a bit. With all the rain we have had it has become very rutted and some of the scoria rock that forms the base of the land in this area has starting to stick up through the dirt and is taking a few cars out.

Hey smuller81, welcome to the forum. You will enjoy your Hurricane immensely, they are a great little buggy. Good call on the radio gear. I think the original steering servo will be OK for throttle /brake, might be a bit strong ?. Only other thing I can think of to be ready for racing is to change the diff oils ( 5f 7c 2r is a good starting point). Some of the newer Hurricanes and Bazookas are coming with silicone oils already installed, but most of them have a thick pasty factory grease in them which needs to be replaced for proper performance and handling.
    I'm sure the other guys will have some tips and tricks they can add. Can't comment on the Cen, not familiar with them. I think you will find the Hurricane stronger then a lot of the other buggies out there, big names included.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the advise grizz1! hopefully i'll talk to you guys a lot since you know so much about redcat and the cane xp. you might be right about the servo being too strong so i'll hang on to the one jr sends with the kit for brake/throttle just in case. i can't wait to get it thurs. and i'll post pics once i get the radio gear installed.

one more question: i see that some people got their cane w/ the .27 team infinity and others got the .28 sh. i called clermont and they said the xp now only comes w/ the .28 sh. has anyone ordered a cane w/in the last couple of weeks and if so, what engine came w/ it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They seem to come with various engines depending who you get it from and were you are located.
    Most of the Bazooka buggies (same as Redcat Hurricane) down in New Zealnd and Australia come with a Vertex VX.21 engine. Some guys got their buggies from A Main or e bay and they have the SH .28
    Look forward to seeing some photos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought my XP about 5 months ago and it came stock with the SH .28. I found it can be a little finickey, but very, very strong and Quick! I've wrecked mine bigtime and so far the only thing broken is one of the front u-joints. I could not be more pleased than I am with the buggy[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey smuller81 yeah mate its a fine choice for an entry level buggy. I think when you compare it with other RTRs and entry level buggys it really stacks up with the best thats out there. I do know one thing. The hurricane/bazooka/torpeda is a far superior RTR kit than the Kyosho Inferno MP7.5 guaranteed! I can vouch for that since I have both. The inferno 7.5 RTR is really quite substandard compared to the hurricane RTR. For one the kyosho has crap 4 geared diffs whereas the hurricane has the superior 6 gear diffs. I could go on but I wont. The only other buggy I would recommend for entry level and for quality and price is the Hyper 7TQ. This is a very nice buggy indeed.

In terms of upgrades you've made the right choice in radio replacement thats for sure. I cant see any problem with the steering servo as the throttle/brake. I am using that servo for the very same thing at the moment and it works really well. Its only around 9kg that servo so its not overlly powerful. All I suggest is that when you get your new radio, adjust the servo end points so the throttle is not over extending the carby slider which might damage it. The other thing as grizz mentions would be to clean out the diffs and add some new quality silicone diff oil. Its a hellishly messy job but well worth doing as your buggy will be 100x better for it. Try using 5000Wt/7000/2000 as grizz also suggested. You could get carried away with sticking alloy hopup parts all over it as well but I would advise against this if you are racing as they add a considerable amount of weight and the buggy ends up being way too heavy. If you are bashing though I'd go for broke and toughen it up a bit witha few of those alloy parts.

He grizz I know you've mentioned it but where did you guys errect that track again? Man it looks dam sweet for a so-called "budget job". I wish I could get a bunch of peeps inspired like this and erect something similar here. Geez I'd kill for a huge backyard thats for sure! lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mozz, Track is in a suburb called Mt Wellington. Go to Google Earth and search "Sylvia Park Road Auckland", then go to co-ordinates 36* 54' 59.80" S and 174* 50' 18.03" E.

The satellite pic is old and the track is not there, but your pointer is right on the burm shown in my photos, with the hairpin at the bottom of the straight in the top right corner of that grass area your over.
    All those old sheds across the road to the right are now gone and that is the Shopping Mega Centre you see in the background of the photos. How things change eh.

Yep we are pretty lucky that those guys put their heads together and built the track. Great thing is it is open to anyone 7 days a week. You just drive up and play. It's a great place to meet other like minded people and exchange ideas and knowledge. Another benifit is you can drop the wife off across the road at the shopping centre for some window shopping and a coffee, then go and play for a couple of hours and everyones happy (except my wallet - OUCH !!). Nah, she's a good girl really

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey on the track subject grizz, can I ask if that land is council land, private land or other?