Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

earthquake 3.5 steering

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 02:58 AM
Tempestwolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default earthquake 3.5 steering

OK. so i got my new motor in. runs way better than the old motor. So im happy with how it goes back and fourth and it has lots of power.. the steering is much to be desired. its still loose.. i assumed it could of been the servo so I replaced the servo. it had some stripped teeth and it was loose. I replaced it with a new one and the steering is still loose. I replaced the servo saver. still loose. I checked all the screws No play. It seems to be located around the servo saver unit. It is loose on the posts. all the new brass washers are in place . Is there something i can do to tighten this up? i wiggle the tires i can see it wiggle and cause the tires to move a good 1/4 inch it wiggles on the posts btw The steering also seems lousy it doesn't have a decent turn radius. this causes this thing to not go straight. is there a aftermarket Horn i can use? nylon washers to hold the saver in place? I have no idea what parts are supposed to be on it due to buying it used.. So far i should of bought a new one with a 130 buck motor replacement. im into it for 140 bucks so far with the servo saver and motor. So i mind as well keep going and get it right.

any help will be appreciated
Old 08-27-2016, 07:12 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Is there a nut to adjust the spring tension on the servo saver ?
Sloppy steering and cheaper RCs seem to go together .
From the servo to the wheels there are lots of connections . If every part has a little bit of play , it soon adds up !
Old 08-28-2016, 03:30 AM
Tempestwolf

i checked everything it all leads to the lousy servo saver. the brass washer is loose. when im at work im going to check if i have a washer that will fit it and remove the slack. i was curious if anyone else has had the same issues as me with their earthquake. i even went as far as replacing teh servos. i even tried my upgraded servo on my rustler on this for hahas and it didnt help. its not a bad truck the steering just sucks. it defiantly has a wide turn
Old 09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Tempestwolf

it was missing a few washers and i replaced the servo and its pretty tight now.