Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Old 02-05-2006, 07:24 PM
jj_ct_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

its pretty warm out side. 50F Deg.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:21 AM
snowolf

it got up to around 6f deg today i think to temp does affect the plastic parts when it was around 30-35 didnt break after about an hour in less than 10 deg plastic is stiff

im not blaming the car at all in fact i like it and will be offering them for sale in MN very soon
Old 02-08-2006, 01:17 AM
j-boy

hello all. Just wanted to brag a little about my himoto cyclone. I am certainly biased seeing as how I am a newby and have only owned one nitro car and that only since x-mas. However it still bugs me to hear people flaming these buggies. The only problems I've had are ones that I created myself. The first time I really got running after break in My buggy broke after about 5 whole minutes. IT seems that they don't stand up well to high speed front in collisions with brick houses. My point is that I really think most breakages are due to driver error. Anyway after fixing a front lower arm and finally determining the true function of the idle adjustment screw I was up and running. Since then I haven't had a problem one. And I haven't been easy on this car. I even broke the fabled "don't let your friends drive your RC" rule. And in his yard instead of mine. It's a lot rougher and we bashed the car up pretty good. We noticed after refuelling that the body didn't want to line up with the fastener holes anymore. We soon figured out that we had bent the rear shockproof bar in, BUT IT WASN'T BROKE! I just bent it back out and put the body back on. That beats ordering new parts, because you snapped instead of bent, some high dollar super rigid material, six ways to sunday. All in all I,m really glad I went with the himoto. I was able to get into the hobby for a minimal amount of money and although getting started was a little frustrating I'm having almost to much fun with this buggy now. Oh and in case your wondering why I would let my best friend drive my car, (and believe me he was not easy on the thing) it's because I have to get him hooked on the hobby. He has a bigger yard than I do. Just about track size I'd say! Later folks! P.S. This is for all the newbys: Dont let it get you down! It took me more than a month to get the hang of this nitro stuff. Just keep reading posts and asking questions. Go ahead and shave your hair so you dont have to pull it out, but DONT GIVE UP!!!! You'll get it running!!! Good luck! J-boy P.P.S. Thanks everybody1 t
Old 02-09-2006, 12:41 PM
devinebl

I too am new to the whole world of nitro RC, but for the money I spent on this buggy, $169 it cant be beat for a starter car. The buggy started up on the 4th pull and after a few min of tuning ran like a champ during its breakin period. I cannot complain about this buggy at all. People need to set their expectations low and realize that these vehicles are great starters into the hobby. There are 2 things wrong with the buggy, the front a-arm broke because I smacked into a concrete patio pad (anything plastic running into concrete will break and it is not redcats fault that I was a tard and smacked into it), and the throttle trim stopped working but a quick call to redcat racing resulted in them sending me a new controller asap for free. I have since ordered replacement parts for my buggy and have started looking into bigger and badder nitro rc vehicles. My friend has a Thunder Tiger SSK which he paid $300 for and every time we run it something breaks. If you are into doing huge jumps and running over boulders these vehicles are not right for you, if you would like to get into the hobby for minimal $ this is the way to go.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:09 PM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all!
Just want to let everyone know I just received my syclone from www.exportpro.biz and WOW!. (PS I got it for 140 plus 30 for shipping off ebay) I had the guys @ hobbytown help me get it started for the 1st run and running at 1/2 speed till break in is complete is not easy...But man will this thing be fast when I'm done.

Thanks for all the info you guys are posting about your experiences as this is a huge help for us new guys.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:54 AM
hwy2hll

I was able to fit Hpi front uprights and the other piece for the steering you will need a little bigger bering but it fits i havent tried a a arm yet but will if it breaks.

Tornado xp
Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 PM
rczero21

Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Hey everyone my name is jerry I sell red cat racing cars online. I have opened up a store here on rcu with all the redcat racing models as well as a lot of the parts. The parts will all be posted by the end of the week. If there is anything you need as far as parts or even a new rc car maybe a volcano or any of the other great redcat racing vehicles please e mail me or visit my rc store here on rcu.
Just goto the rc stores search and type in redcat racing and Jerrys rc cars store will come up. If there is something that you need and it is not posted yet please just e mail me and i will get right back to you with price and availability.
I hope to talk to you all soon.
I also offer lower prices than on the redcat website plus a parts discount. I will be happy to help anyone who needs anything for there redcat racing rc car. I do carry all the buggy models
Thanks
Jerry D
Jerry' RC Depot
Old 02-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Welcome Jerry, I think people got the idea your a dealer. Thats fine, but one post is enough. You added it to every post started.... lol
Old 02-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Xeller8

LOL!! @ Chub

You beat me to it my friend.

It would be easier just put it in your tagline Jerry.[8D]
Old 02-14-2006, 01:06 PM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Devin,
Just an FYI, I broke the same part (tree attacked me) and was able to repair using 2 part epoxy and joining the pieces together, after set up I reinforced with 2 part putty epoxy and its working great. It's also alot easier than completely removing the a arm and installing a new one.

Bill

ORIGINAL: devinebl

I too am new to the whole world of nitro RC, but for the money I spent on this buggy, $169 it cant be beat for a starter car. The buggy started up on the 4th pull and after a few min of tuning ran like a champ during its breakin period. I cannot complain about this buggy at all. People need to set their expectations low and realize that these vehicles are great starters into the hobby. There are 2 things wrong with the buggy, the front a-arm broke because I smacked into a concrete patio pad (anything plastic running into concrete will break and it is not redcats fault that I was a tard and smacked into it), and the throttle trim stopped working but a quick call to redcat racing resulted in them sending me a new controller asap for free. I have since ordered replacement parts for my buggy and have started looking into bigger and badder nitro rc vehicles. My friend has a Thunder Tiger SSK which he paid $300 for and every time we run it something breaks. If you are into doing huge jumps and running over boulders these vehicles are not right for you, if you would like to get into the hobby for minimal $ this is the way to go.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:00 AM
rczero21

HEY EVERY ONE. I AM A REDCAT RACING DEALER I SELL THE REDCAT RACING PRODUCTS ONLINE. I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO VIEW MY NEW WEB SITE. AT THIS SITE YOU CAN PURCHASE ALL REDCAT RACING MODELS
LIGHTNING VX.16
TORNADO XL
TORNADO XP
HURRICAN XL 1/8
HURRICANE XP1/8
VOLCANO STX MONSTER TRUCK
I CAN GET ANY PART THAT YOU NEED ALSO. AS OF RIGHT NOW I AM IN THE PROCCESS OF LISTING THEM ALL ON THE SITE BUT YOU CAN USE THE E MAIL ME LINK TO SEND ME WHAT PARTS YOU NEED AND I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU WITHIN THE DAY WITH PRICE.
SO PLEASE VISIT MY REDCAT RACING SALES SITE AT

www.home.earthlink.net/~rczero21/
just copy and paste

THANK YOU
JERRY D---
REDCAT DEALER
Old 02-18-2006, 07:19 PM
redrooster

hi
my name it matt. I'm very new the the nitro world, i was wondering how to stop the wheels from spinning with out using the brakes. or are the wheels always going to spin a little? ( running with a redcat xl) if anybody could help that would be nice thanks!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Chubbysdad

If you hold the car in the air, the wheels will still spin with the car on the ground, it shouldn't move. It might try to jump or hop a little but other than that, you might have to lower the idle.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:10 PM
redrooster

thanks, whats an easy way to know everthing is tuned well.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Chubbysdad

If everything is tuned well, it will take off quick, not sputter at high speed, when the car is on the ground it should idle nice with out the car moving and the last thing the temp should be around 230-265.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:34 PM
redrooster

do you know what redcats is most compatible to, like what brand. cause i was looking at buying upgrade parts
Old 02-19-2006, 05:05 PM
redrooster

thanks for the tuning info, its made a big difference compared to before, because it was no where near tuned
Old 02-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Chubbysdad

It really depends on the model. The redcat 1/8th buggy is most compatible with other brands. I am sure in time, there will be alot of upgrades and more compatibility with other brands.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:12 PM
nick69910

i was wondering if you can put volcano wheels on a tornado xl and if you can put the 2 speed engine gear and moderate gear set on a tonado xl.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:49 AM
ventilo

hi, i'm ventilo from france,
i need's nitro car parts for buggy tornado xl,
or a distributor redcet racing r/c in france.
it is possible to post me parts for france?
thanks for your response.
ventilo
Old 02-22-2006, 12:20 PM
mikedumas
My Feedback: (20)

hello everyone im a new redcat,himoto,smartec dealer in georgia. i can get anypart for any of these brands of cars/truck/buggies. i also sell new ones as well. if any body needs any parts please let me know...and no you wont have to wait 2 weeks to get them either!! thanks for you alls time, mike
Old 02-22-2006, 02:24 PM
ventilo

hi, i'm ventilo54 from france.
i have a redcat racing tornado xl buggy, it's a very good nitrocar,
but for parts, it's a very big problem in france!!!
if you can adress me parts for france destination, tell me price for send me that ( + price parts ).
sorry for my very bad english.
ventilo54.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:52 PM
redrooster

Hey, i was out driving my car today the tornado xl and i begin to hear a loud noise like a grinding noise. when i turned the car off i tried to push it and the wheels would stop moving and it would be hard to get past that part of the rotation. i was wondering what it could be and how to fix it.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Chubbysdad

clutch spring might have snapped. Just pop off the bell housing and check it out.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:09 AM
rczero21

HEY EVERYONE MY NAME IS JERRY DOWNHOUR I AM A REDCAT RACING DEALER. I SELL REDCAT RACING RC CARS ON THE INTERNET. I SELL ALL THE MODELS FROM THE 1/10TH TO THE 1/8TH AT THE LOWEST PRICES ON THE INTERNET. I ALSO SELL ALL PARTS FOR ALL MODELS AT A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES/ SHIPPING ON ALL PARTS ORDERS IS ONLY $5.00 PER ORDER NOT PER PART. I HAVE RECENTLY LOWERED PRICES ON ALL MODELS SO PLEASE GO CHECK THEM OUT. IF YOU NEED ANY PARTS PLEASE E MAIL ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL E-MAIL YOU BACK TO LET YOU KNOW THE PRICE OF THE PART.

SO HERE IS THE URL TO FIND THE LOWEST PRICES ON REDCAT RACING NITRO CARS TRUCKS BUGGIES AND PARTS

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rczero21/id1.html

IF YOU CAN NOT CLICK ON THE LINK PLEASE COPY AND PASTE

REMEMBER THESE ARE THE LOWEST PRICES ON REDCAT NITRO RC CARS PERIOD...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.