Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:27 PM
ventilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

"extra shipping cost"
no for faster delivery, but for france destination because redcat is not delivery fro france destination!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:13 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeepers,

I think you need to bump the rpms up a little !! Your probably pulling around 30,000 , could you imagine 40,000 ??[:-]

Andy
Old 03-17-2006, 08:01 PM
ehroof

???????
Old 03-17-2006, 08:58 PM
jeeperscreapers

hmm..... whatre u talkin about???? ajstoys, which post???
Old 03-18-2006, 11:35 AM
AJsToyz

Jeepers, All of your posts !! It sounds like you really like speed !! LOL
Old 03-18-2006, 02:33 PM
jeeperscreapers

yea hehe
Old 03-19-2006, 05:29 PM
jeeperscreapers

well after driving my buggy all day with truck tires id say the buggy tires are way funner!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:46 PM
ehroof

Quicker, less bounce and more maneuverable with the buggy tires?? Trucks and buggies are day and night different in handling. trucks are better on rough surfaces but the buggies are good on off road but not so rough.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:08 PM
jeeperscreapers

it seems like the buggy is a lot sturdier in general with the smaller tires..... i think i see why the trucks have so many problems.....i think the truck frames and buggy frames are the same..... BUT I think the frame was designed for the buggy and doesnt work well as a truck! does that make ne sense????
Old 03-19-2006, 07:14 PM
ehroof

its funny but my truck has given me no problems, its the buggy that has given me all the headaches. i got my truck first and thought that it was such a good deal that the buggy must be even better since it has 2 speeds and i see the aluminum shock towers and aluminum shocks.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
j-boy

nothin to see here folks... just learning how to post pics sorry

and it still dont work[:@]
Old 03-21-2006, 02:41 PM
nitrosteve22

After a closer inspection,aside from the radio gear this is a pretty sweet little ride. Only problem is,the two speed gear box thingy is causing some serious tension. I took it out last night but couldnt find the proper allen keys to take those universal joint output things off so I'll run out to the store on my lunch break and buy some. I'm wondering if a similar situation might have caused others to go through clutch springs so often. I can imagine as tight as mine is,it would reak total hell on that little motor causing all sorts of stress. I'm not sure if its the universals that are pushed on so tight or if its the casing around the gears thats screwed down but something is keeping those gears from moving freely so hopefully I'll figure that out. And since I've gone this far already,I might aswell take the front and rear gearboxes off for closer inspection as well cause they feel a little dry. What grease/oil would ya'll recommend I put in the front and rear gearbox? So which of these screws control the shift point,I've never had a 2 speed before and my brain cant quite figure out how it works,and engauges 2nd gear. Speaking of gears,are their any other sizes of spur gears or clutch bells or another brand that would fit? I like to go fast... Really fast...

Gotta love that black/orange body,I was hoping for that color anyways . The weather is starting to clear up so maybe tomorrow I can get some run time in on this little redcat.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 03:11 PM
daeskimo

Hi guys. I'm new here and looking at getting a nitro car. My neighbor has a few and there sweet lol. I was wondering what your general opinion would be on these 1/10 scale buggies. I heard the 1/8 were obviously nicer (more money), but i am looking at something a little less in price for a starter car and these seem right. It seems to me like the Tornado's are more troublesome than the Hurricane's however, so if you could, could you please post your experiences with the 1/10 buggy, good or bad, and any issues you ran across that were not because of user mistakes. (like 30 mph into the side of a house, lol). Thanks a lot and sorry for the novel I wrote, haha.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:14 PM
jeeperscreapers

buy one!...
Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 PM
jeeperscreapers

I'd say read the truck thread .... heck thats where i post most of my stuff and i dont have one hehe..... I think the 1/10 buggies hold up better than the trucks bcus they are the same and therefore the buggy = smaller wheels less stress!!!! so I'm glad i got the buggy myself..... was a lil rough at first but i got everything worked out.... think that was mainly cus it was my first nitro.... but its a blast man , I'd definately say buy one!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:27 PM
daeskimo

Ok. Yah I read some of ur posts b4 and u certainly seem to have a good time, haha. I'm not even thinking about buying the truck. Don't want one at all. Buggy's r able to handle better and a bunch other reasons. The 1/8 I was reffering to is the top of the line buggy that Redcat offers. I dont want to spend that much money on it though, which is why the 1/10 Tornado XP is my main choice. Hopefully, I will be ordering sometime in the near future! Oh, and one problem I seem to see occuring often is the 1/10 not switching into second or something along the lines of that. Do you have this problem, or does the gear shift work fine?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:29 PM
ehroof

once the trans is adjusted it shifts fine.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:31 PM
jeeperscreapers

yea i have that problem lolololol..... but i took the clutch completely off and there is an adjustment screw...... i havent had a chance to mess with it yet cus i always forget my allen wrenches hehe...... but there are 2 screws..... one holds the clutch to the shaft and the other just has a spring under it.... the spring loosens and tightens the clutch mechanism that makes it shift!!!! hope that wasnt to much for u lol..... also yea the hurricane is much better from what i hear.... but i bought the tornado xp for the same reasons as you
Old 03-21-2006, 03:37 PM
daeskimo

So would you want to loosen the spring and therefore the clutch in order to make it shift (easier)? Is the problem that the clutch is being held too tight?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:43 PM
jeeperscreapers

right..... loosen the screw = earlier shift
Old 03-21-2006, 05:24 PM
ehroof

the adjustment is not on the clutch shoes on the engine, its on the 2 speed trans, there are 2 allen key set screws, the center one is to hold the centrifuge on the shaft, the one to the left (looking from the bottom) is to change the shift rpm's. You can feel the difference when you turn the screws, one loosens up very easy once started, the other feels the same, you should only turn 90 degrees at a time, then test it. Make sure the set screw to hold the centrifuge to the shaft is tightened.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:58 PM
daeskimo

Ok great. That answers some of my questions, thanks a lot for taking your time and explaining these things to me, which I do not fully understand yet, lol. I am trying though. I understand about the transmission somewhat at least for example. btw, just out of curiosity, how many 1/4\90 degree turns did u do to ur buggy from the screw starting position? And also, since you are loosening the screw, does this mean theres a better chance of it becoming looser on its own and even potentially falling out? Thank again
Old 03-21-2006, 08:21 PM
jeeperscreapers

well theres a spring in the screw hole and it pushes against the screw..... so it doesnt really get loose ....... i actually started kinda torqin on it b4 i knew what i was turning lol..... so no clue how much it actually needs adjusted from the factory..... it might actually be ok when you get it
Old 03-22-2006, 03:55 PM
RCCanuck

Just thought I'd chime in and let you all know I purchased a Duratrax Evader ST instead of this buggy......I'm still hemming on picking one of these up..the prices seem to be rising though!!!

anyways thanks for all the help..

Ron
Old 03-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Popper252

Hey guys, just a quick question concerning the tranny. I had to replace my pull starter and that required me removing the engine to get to the tiny screws back there. So i'm just wondering how close I need to get the engine gears to the tranny. Do I want them to be nice and snug with eachother or should there be a little wobble room inbetween them. I mean I know that I obviously wouldn't want them too far because then the gears would just strip, but would too tight also be a problem? One more thing completely off topic. I was just curious about jumping this thing. Have any of you all tried it? I'm not really talking about jumping a house or anything but just some smaller jumps you might find at a track or somthing. Also when you're in the air how do you control the pitch of the buggy? I'm assuming simply with the throttle but I don't know for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.