Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Popper252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Haha sorry, but thought of one more thing. Would a fuel filter really be all that beneficial or is it really more of a hassel than it's worth.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:00 AM
nitrosteve22

First off,a fuel filter is very important and I wouldnt even think about running without one. They cost only a few bucks,you pick a spot and snip the fuel line and pop it in between. Cheap but good insurance and takes all of one minute to install. Cant answer your question about jumping,havent gotten that far with mine. And you want a little play in between your gears,some people use the paper method but I just go by my eye (I've gotten very good at this cause my NitroHawk LOVED to eat clutch bells). You can tell if their to close when you spin the gears you'll feel the clickity type of resistance,I usually slightly snug the motor mounts and slowy and evenly move the motor back by a tiny amount till the teeth still have plenty of contact but spin together smoothly. Hope that helps.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Popper252

Thanks for the reply nitrosteve, I'll head over to my lhs and pick up a fuel filter when I get the chance. I'm still curious about the jumping thing though, so if anyone else could chime in I'd appreciate it. I also wanted to add that these forums have helped me so much with getting into this hobby and I just wanted to thank every one here for the great advice and hopefully soon enough I'll be able to start contributing. Thanks again folks.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-23-2006, 05:41 PM
jeeperscreapers

jumping hasnt been a problem at all since i put aluminum hubs and carriers on the front!!!! it's liek a tank
Old 03-23-2006, 05:43 PM
nitrosteve22

Quick question:
I'm about 1/2 way through the break in process and I'd like to finish it but its super windy and probably mid 60's outside... To cold and windy or ya think I'll be safe?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:52 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

na, its fine, 60's is fine.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
nitrosteve22

Well thats one more tank down,I did the heat cycle thing but kinda spaced the time limit and did it for the whole tank lol. The temps stayed between 170F-188F and got in to the high 190's and hit 202 once,I'm getting a little smoke but still spittin a little fuel. Even with little blibs not going over 1/4 this thing can move pretty quickly! Just cruisin it around in a little parking lot next door. I got about 3 whole tanks in (4 if you count the super super rich,run for a minute then die tank) and I keep leaning it out little by little but I'm not seeing more smoke,less unburnt fuel. Owell,it'll take time and lots of it but the end result will be very much worth it!

I just hope I dont screw it up lol!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:51 PM
ehroof

sounds like your doing fine, i usually just idle my 3 tanks, very rich and start driving and leaning out during the 4th and 5th tank, then tune for power on the 6th. Only the traxxas engine i do different because of their insturctions.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:57 PM
nitrosteve22

I didnt really see anything about this in any tuning threads but since I'm only getting a little smoke and still spitting fuel would it be best to slowly lean out only the low speed needle till I see more smoke and leave the high speed needle alone till I'm able to do 3/4 throttle and above? I have the idle set to what I think is a pretty good pace and the engine doesnt stall out at all.

I thought if an engine is running rich enough to spit unburnt fuel out it would bog down but this thing has lightning fast response once you touch that trigger. I'm confused lol.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Xeller8

Spitting a LITTLE fuel out is not a problem...you just don't want it dripping out to the point of where a tank of fuel only lasts a 2-5 minutes.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 PM
ehroof

rule of thumb is to adjust the high side then the low side, since you spittin out fuel your running rich, dont fool with the low side until your ready to tune after break in.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:25 AM
nitrosteve22

Ok now I get it,see I was thinkin LSN when I shoulda been thinkin HSN. I was slowly leaning that out instead! Sometimes I easily forget things... Like all the tuning advice I've been researching over the past few weeks lol.

Thanks guys! Dunno what I'd do without ya's .
Old 03-26-2006, 05:22 PM
martinanderson

Check you my electric starter that I just installed yesterday, It is set up for a drill to start, so if you want to start your buggy like this you will only need to spend about $23 and your ready (if you already have a drill that is) I bought a tiger drive at Hobby Town for $19.95 model SUL680 and a long allen wrench at ace hardware for $2.95, cut the allen wrench so it is about 6 inches long and it is a 7/32 inch allen wrench, but you can check out my pics if you want to see what I looks like, what i like about it is you start it from the top instead of going between the axle and a-arm which is a pain. tell me what you think of it.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Popper252

That looks great man, I was thinking about putting a Tigerdrive on my car but wasn't quite sure if i wanted to go through with it. Did you have to modify it at all to make it start from the top down or is that just how they come? And about how long does it take for the car to start with a drill?
Old 03-26-2006, 11:37 PM
martinanderson

I never had to modify at all except i cut alittle bit out of the body so i dont have to remove body to start. U can mount it any direction up,down, left, right but i think up is the only way that will work unless you take your tire off if you know what i mean, i have a nitro rustler with the easy start and i would prefer to have this same setup on it, it starts up almost as soon as you pull the trigger i havent really even tuned mine i am still breaking it in and running it rich. I use a 14.4 volt black and decker, i have a dewalt 18 volt also but the cheap one works perfect. I wouldnt go any other way once i have tried this.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:38 PM
martinanderson

that is how it comes, sorry for not answering that
Old 03-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Popper252

haha thanks, I figured as much by the way you answered that. That's great to hear though. I recently had to replace my pull starter because the knot came out and I couldn't figure out how to get everything wound up again. Sure enough when I took it out the spring popped off and almost impaled my friend So being able to avoid that whole mess would be really nice.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 AM
blackdogafd

well i finally ordered my new futaba radio system for my syclone, should be in this week.

good to see a thread just for the 1/10th buggies. so hi to all the guys that dont know me yet, and waz up to the i have talk to before.

checkout the pics i got.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19919.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	433948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16468.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	433949  
Old 03-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Popper252

Hey there, great to have you. Just wondering what system you ordered and about how much it cost you. Also when you get it installed could you give us a little review on the system. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Sandoval75

Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

I bought a Tornado XP and love it, however I am finding spare parts hard to come by because everyone thus far that I have checked with are out of stock on some of the most accident prone parts. I have sent e-mail to Redcat Racing twice with no response. This car is great I just need some parts, any dealers out there with websites that are in full stock of parts? Does anyone know of a compatible brand that would fit the redcat racing line.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:20 PM
blackdogafd

hey i bought the futaba 2ph 2-channel am radio system for my syclone, it only cost 47.99 with free shipping from the hobbyhut ebay store they have 2 left in stock. they ship free to anyone in the usa.

i'll be glad to give you guys a review on the futaba system once it comes in and i get installed on my syclone.

as far as spare parts go for this buggy check out www.topspeedtoys.com click on the buggy and it'll show the parts list, just use your paypal account and you good to go
Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
martinanderson

aw man i just bought a traxxas TQ radio, receiver, and 2055 and 2018 servos for $50 on ebay brand new, does anyone what will i need to hook it up to the batteries or will the one the syclone came with work or will i have to buy a traxxas battery holder to?? I hope these are good radios??????
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
taven

you can buy stock part straight from china thru ebay the seller is exportpro1 is his user name he has a store, Hild Cycles out of IL has some stuff to, he has a store Hild Cycles. Himoto and Redcat parts to my knowlegde are the same, same part # that is for sure.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:18 AM
nitrosteve22

Heres a silly question... Since my Tornado has a Venom fail safe would I be ok to just go with a fancy (but cheap) am radio instead of the all mighty-end all-be all- FM setup? Cause the more I spend on a radio means the longer I wait for the Hurricane XP (Which I will buy an FM setup after I purchase the cane),I just need something a little more stable than the stocker for my Tornado. Cheap,that is the key word here... Well cheap and reliable!

Any opinions on those Traxxas TQ radio's? They are AM's right? Traxxas puts em with every rig they got and I dont hear alot of negative stuff about em...

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:59 AM
jcam54

sorry to bust into the buggy thread but if you get a fm radio like a futaba 3pm fm all you have to do is buy another receiver for the 2nd car/truck. The 3pm system can hold up to 10 different models in memory and is available at towerhobbies.com

here------http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGAG3**&P=ML

This is a pretty good one that comes with a 124oz servo (at 6v) for upgradeing you steering servo then all you would need is this receiver to put into your 2nd car

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAKM3&P=V
and matching crystal to transmiter radio

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXBFK4**&P=M

I know this seems like alot of money but it will last a long time and has more then enough options that will meet your needs...also JR radios are pretty darn good to and you can do the same with them---run/program for different cars.

I hope this helped some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.