Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

hey i was looking on redcat's site and i saw the new 'tornado bb" which has upper and lower suspention arms, and i was wondering what all i would have to do to put thoes aluminum upper arms on my buggy, i know that i would have to go back to plastic gear boxes which i dont really want to do, but what else would i need ton replace? turining knukles? what all would i need?
    sponsered by: me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitroracer, could you put the body on the buggy and take a picture, were the jato rims a direct bolt on or did you have to make some adjustments?? looks excellent.

thanks bro,

Eddie
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heres the pics u wanted, yup they are a direct fit, the body sits a little crooked but im getting a new body with some Up-Grade RC clown graphics it will look awesome i think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo41039.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	509808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs59395.jpg 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	509809  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got the new fuel tank today and put it on. I ripped the old one apart and I believe I found the source of the leak. It may not be the O ring. If you remove the tank lid and remove the screw holding the Oring there's a plastic disc that comes out. The O ring is actually on this piece. The screw goes into the center of the lid where the exhaust pressure line connects. ANYWAY... there is no gasket or seal between the plastic disc and the tank flip lid. I tried a couple of things to seal that area but I think some rtv silicone might do the trick. I put a small bead around and reassembled the center disc. You can't tighten the center screw alot cause it just strips. The new tank also leaked alittle and I snugged the center screw and it sealed. I tried a thin oring to seal the old one at first but you can't tighten the screw enough to compress the Oring. I'll let you know how the repair works this weekend. I'm letting it cure good for a day before I put the lid back on the tank. I'll put it in the buggy and see how she goes!

< Message edited by chubbysuncle -- 8/17/2006 1:50:43 PM >
    Well it seems to be working. The thin bead of silicone under the plastic o ring holder on the fuel cap. I've got a nice tight seal and the buggy primed up in 3 pulls. Basically just remove the center screw and the oring holder. Seal between the lid and o ring holder, both hard plastic, just make sure not to seal up the slots in the center that let the exhaust pressure in.
    *REDNECK RACING SUPPORT* If it ain\'t broke you didn\'t have fun! Savage X,Volcano,Tornado XP.
    www.clermontmotorsports.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

I have sealed the fuel tank and looks to work as far as the priming the engine goes.

I have a new issues now. After i put back the clutch bell i see 2 washers in my tool box. I am not sure where these have to go. Can anyone tell me the order in which to put back the bell, clutch , bearing, flywheel etc.

ALso, i tried to fire up the the engine, it did start, but looks like the throttle is not responding. I have connected the throttle correctly and i can see it move.

What could be wrong here.

thank you
    My Wife knows how much it costs and she still Loves me ;-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

I have sealed the fuel tank and looks to work as far as the priming the engine goes.

I have a new issues now. After i put back the clutch bell i see 2 washers in my tool box. I am not sure where these have to go. Can anyone tell me the order in which to put back the bell, clutch , bearing, flywheel etc.

ALso, i tried to fire up the the engine, it did start, but looks like the throttle is not responding. I have connected the throttle correctly and i can see it move.

What could be wrong here.

thank you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lucas,

go here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/tm.htm

near the bottom is the order of the washers.

Mark

USA STS Engines Dealer
    Engine Mods by RBmods

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey nitro..what kinda shocks are those? looks good!
    1/10 himoto syclone .18 infinity 2 speed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mark

I so remember seeing this sometime back. Thank you so much.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not a problem bud

ORIGINAL: lucasdon17

Mark

I so remember seeing this sometime back. Thank you so much.

USA STS Engines Dealer
    Engine Mods by RBmods

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

they are GPM aluminum shocks for the hpi mt2 lol they work awesome
    ORIGINAL: nbluehell

hey nitro..what kinda shocks are those? looks good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All

I guess i have figured out what the issue was with my buggy not starting or priming or even running for 2 minutes.

On the Aluminium exhaust where the pressure line is connected ...the opening was blocked from inside the exhaust. Earlier the small knob used to fall on and off . I did take enough care to use locktite carefully so that the opening dose not get selaed. BUt i guess it got sealed as it dried. I had a hard time clearing it off by heating.

Now i have applied Permatex on the outside and let it dry.

Has anyone had similar issues.?

I just hope that its over with this issue and i get to spin my buggy out alteast for few weeks before winter gets here.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lucas, I had a similar problem, if not quite exactly like it with the stock plastic pipe getting plugged up with stuff inside the pipe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was checking my engine and I noticed that my clutch had started to melt at one point. so does anybody know of a good racing clutch that will fit the tornado xp. thanks in advance.

zack

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello all,

I have been out of the forum for quite some time. Good to see that it is still happening. Would just like to let you all know (especially those home here in Australia) that our online store is now operational. The address is:

www.tttoys.com.au

and that we have everything for 1/10th HISPEED as well as other Brands such as SMARTECH and ACADEMy. More will be coming before Christmas including the odd boat and a range of FM controls.

If you need anything then just jump online and order and it will sent be out in a jiffy or if you are looking for something special I can get it.

If you need any advice then PM me.

Thanks all
    Dave
    Treasure Trove Toys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Crash from Oz quote
    Super Contributor

If you want a replacement clutch for these, you can use the A885 racing clutch from the HPI RS4. The best thing is it fits dtraight on and because ofits design it doesn't need the e clip.

I have one in my buggy and I have put more the 20 tanks throught it. They are a little pricey at $19, but it sure beats replacing the spring all the time with the standard clutch.
    Team Losi Lst2 (Kick azz truck)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

ORIGINAL: 1500cc

I broke down and bought a Tornado XP, partially from all the comments in this thread .... thanks guys!

I can't believe how fast this car is. When it hits second gear it's going so fast I pretty much have to start braking since it's getting away so quickly (although that problem has been solved by it not shifting into 2nd anymore )

Like many folks, I've busted the front steering arm and door-type mount. Some crazy glue has it back running again for now. Before I buy plastic replacements, anyone know if I can get aluminum parts for these?

Lastly, anyone thought about putting a bumper on the front to protect the tires? Seems that most accidents are head-on, so a bumper might reduce some of the impact. I might need to work on this while waiting for parts.
    I built a bumper out of steel to protect the front wheels..it worked great untill i bashed it enough that the screws stripped out.. The only thing you have to watch is how much the little tab on the front bends and how weak it becomes. Other than that its a great hop up
    If It Aint Broke - Thrash It Harder!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here goes my bb with lightning wheels and tires ready for the street.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice car fahaka! I am having a problem with my car, i can start fine with the wheels on the ground but as soon as i put the car on the ground it dies, i am not sure what to do. thanks for the help in advance.

zack

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sounds like a broken clutch spring take motor out and pull clutchbell off i bet thats the problem

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How are the Tornado's? i want to get a nitro buggy, and was looking around, how fast do they go? how durable are they? and what are some upgrades that you would recomend? and motors that will work in them? Thanks for any help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, I just bought a Tornado XL online the other night and am awaiting it's arrival. I can't wait, I've wanted to get a nitro car for the longest time. For the past couple of nights I've been reading everything I can to educate myself. I have a question, I saw this posted in earlier pages, but no one seemed to reply to it. The Tornado XP's come with a 2 speed trans. can I put that trans. in the XL? and if so, what else would I need to get to do this mod? Any input would be appreciated. I work as an auto mechanic, so I'm pretty confident that I can handle modding this thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

keep the single speed the 2 speeds strip gears, just change the clutch bell to an hpi savage bell, you can get different amount of teeth to give better low or high end, i have 2 xp's and i constantly strip gears.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

awesome thanks man. . .can't wait to romp this thing around and then take it apart and make it better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey everybody, got a story for the redcat/himoto guys. I own a cyclone 1/10. I sort of skipped out of work today and after going to an interview for a new job this morning I had the whole day to bash I started out running my MGT but quickly killed my RX batts cause of the high torque servos (and cheapo no count hump packs I skimped on). Anyway since the monster was down I grabbed the Cyclone. The thing is that I keep noticing that my .18 in the Cyclone is so much easier to tune than the big block .28 in My MGT, which cost a whooole lot more. Seems odd doesn't it [sm=confused.gif] Anyway the himoto ran great and I was havin a blast when the left front wheelspun its own hub out. The funny thing was that my track is drenched in dead leaves. It was awesome throwin up this big rooster tail of leaves and I did like two laps around it before I realized the wheel was missing [X(]. Anyway is was a good day and the point is I had an easier time tuning my cheap car than my expensive one. I get on the forum every now and then and tell anyone who'll listen that the Himotos are a good buy. I think they could be a little more durable but then I'm sure the price would go up. Anyway I get to order some rustler wheels and hole shots now for the front. I already put them on the back so its about time I broke a front wheel Its gonna look saweet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us52740.jpg 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	557376  
    Dude! I could beat you with a stomper!

TEAM TERRIBLES... RC money is a Terrible thing to waste!
    http://teamterribles.com/

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast