Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

here is the good ole shock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Li21242.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	436765  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can i get just a carb or should i get a whole new motor? and if just a carb, how do i go about finding out what will work?
    also i broke my antenna tube due to many and i mean many roll overs i just put a piece of fuel line inbetween the cover and tube so it is flexible when rolling over but still stays up when driving you can see it in the pic above it was supose to be a temerary fix but after using it like this i like it better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how did you bend the shock and not break anything else???? i usually break a shock tower or a arm when i bend a shock, usually you can bend them back enough to work until you get the replacement.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why not just get and engine from chubbysdad, the .18 size if you have the 2 speed, its less than $100. Usually you get a new carb like a slide carb but your usually looking at over $50, so its not so cost effective. Plus you wont have to worry about if the engine fits or not.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have no clue i was wondering the same thing, i cant believe the a-arm didnt break. I hit a stick in the grass not a very big one but it cause my buggy to do about 7 or 8 hard cartwheels and endos. I was lucky this is all that broke but after driving to day i think these little buggys hold up pretty good, just my engine sucks at this moment. My traxxas rustler is so easy to tune i can tune it in about 10 min my first time which was today, i took it back to factory settings and tuned it, i thought it might be eaisier to tune it and it was! also thought it may help with tunning the himoto

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow you really banged that thing up. Good job
    Tornado Xp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hopefully you wond have to put some pics on here after your day at the beach[sm=biggrin.gif] bet it would be really fun though, have you ever seen four-wheelers that they drive in the sand, they have shock protecters/covers, but i dont know if that would matter on these little things? anyway have fun tommorow, I will be on a plane to the bahamas. ill be back next wednesday, i gotta get up at 3 a.m. and i cant get off this comp. (afraid i might miss something, even though it will still be here when i get back)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Haha, yeah I don't think you'll be missing anything. But hell you might as well just stay up till 3. I know I wouldn't be able to wake up at 3 if i went to sleep now. I was thinking about maybe using some celophane or somthing to wrap the shocks up. But honestly i don't think it really matters that much, I cleaned it today and tried to get as much oil off of it as I could. And i'll be sure to give it a good scrubbing tomorrow after i'm done.
    Tornado Xp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi popper, i had try what you said me, and super, my tornado is super, trottle come back when i want to drive slowly.
    thanks ..........
    it's a very great pleasure to talk with everybody can help me!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys jus wanted to give you guys an update on my Syclone....

got the new the new futaba radio system installed and its awesome!!! The servos that come with the system are a lot smoother and a heck of a lot better than verse the stock O.E ones.

got some good run time today with it and got the thing tuned very well finally!!!!! i still have some fine tuning to do on it but as of right now its running great. i'm going to be buying some hotter glo plugs for it though, that way the fuel is burned faster, and burns all the fuel in the engine not just most of it as colder plugs tend to do. im going to be getting plugs from O.S. a friend of mine runs thoughs and has never had trouble with them..

i aslo a gettin a "tsais" exhaust system for soon so as soon as i get that on i'll post up pix of it.

but hope everyone is having good luck with there HiMoto's or Redcat's which ever you guys have!!!!!
    Team Evolution R/C Racing
    ~REDCAT RACING DEALER~
    \"if you havent broken anything your not running hard enough\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got my buggy fixed the other day. Took it out for a run on the weekend, with in 10 mins i sorta slamed it into the corner of a 2X4 and broke the steering arm and the plastic bit that hooks onto the steering servo. Some super glue and zip ties later i was back on the road. My brother wanted to take some happy snaps of me doing some circle work in the dirt, doing so got a great desktop wallpaper and a stripped gearbox

Time to get the new 2 speed from a local guy here in Melbourne, he mods them at his shop. Has a screw in it for changing the gears early. Better be better than the last one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

hey guys i am new to the r/c world and i was just wondering do you guys buy fuel by the quart or the gallon and if you buy it by the quart how many tanks can you get out of it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

hey i buy fuel by the quart for right now cause my hobby shop up here gets the gallons in the summer, but as far a fuel consumption i have gotten about 12-15 tanks per each quart.

and i use the trinity monster 20% nitro from break in and for running after the initail break in, and i have not had any problems with it
    ~REDCAT RACING DEALER~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

by the gallon, cheaper and last longer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all.... I'm new to this R/C stuff. I just ordered my Tornado XP today and I already wish it was at my door. I wanted to get a head start on on a couple questions before it arrives. 1) Does anyone recommend the BlueThunder 1st run fuel for break in? 2)what is the best fuel to use during and after break in? Thanks for the help guys I'm sure I will be asking a lot more questions when I finally get my new toy
    -Hyper 8 Pro w/CEO Power Mods Werks .21 B3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the stock tornado xp transmision has an adjustment screw in it to adjust when your car shifts
    Savage X , Sure Fire . 32 , Hot-Rod Pipe , Escalade body , HEAVY Mods for HEAVY Bashing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey firefighter7 i use Trinity Monster 20% nitro fuel for break in and for running after the initial break in, its great fuel!!

dumb question but u a firefighter man?

I am proud to be a firefighter!!!!! FDNY 343
    ~REDCAT RACING DEALER~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

where you from blackdogafd? Howard beach queens here!! Maybe we can get together and play one day.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys can anyone tell me where to get a k&n air filter for the tornado xp?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Blackdogafd-

Yea I am a firefighter...going on 4 years now and cant get enough of it..... Thanks for the fuel suggestion, I cant wait to get my new nitro.

"Slow is Fast, Fast is Out of Control"
    "Stay low"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone know what a good "general" shockoil to recommend? I'll be making a trip to our tiny LHS cause I need more go juice plus I'd like to find some better tires and I'd like to rebuild the shocks for smoother action so what would be a good basic oil weight to go with on all fours? I run mostly on semi-flat surfaces with little ruts and bumps and things and it seems like the stockers dont quite have the dampning and are to soft and lack response (if any of that makes sense lol). Thinking I might snag the losi red and blue springs off my nitrohawk for a medium'ish front(red) and a stiff rear(blue). Black and orange body,yellow wing and rims with purple parts with red and blue shock springs...... yeah it matches [sm=lol.gif] .

And big Kudo's to you firefighters for putting yourselves in harms way to save others .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey thanks nitrosteve! us firefighters love the job and the rush!! but anyway

to your shock oil question this is what i just did tonight.... i took all four shock off my Syclone and drained all the original oil out and refilled it with shock oil from Team Associated.. part number #5435. its a thicker oil and it wont thin in hot weather or thicken in cold weather.. i also took all four coil springs and stretched them out, so they would be a little harder to compress, and take more bumps and things offroad. after i put the shocks all back together and back on the buggie, it now has a higher ride height and the shocks are alot firmer too.

I would suggest doing that and see how things are after that, good luck man!!!!!
    ~REDCAT RACING DEALER~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehroof

where you from blackdogafd? Howard beach queens here!! Maybe we can get together and play one day.
    hey i would love to get togther but one small problem i in illinois, its kinda a drive from here to new york lol!! but if i am ever in NY i'll look ya up
    ~REDCAT RACING DEALER~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Look guys I've been in the VA Track forum and I need yalls honest opinion. I bought a Tornado XP and waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I wanted every ones opinion who has one. IS IT A GOOD CAR? I'm getting the impression from the other forums that this was a bad purchase. I didnt have the $$$ for the 1/8th so I bought the 1/10 I thought this car would be good for me since I'm just starting out. Please let me know your opinions about the Tornado XP (Honest) Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey firefighter7 i am also waiting for my first nitro rc ever and i would like to know the answer to the same questions

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast