Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Compatible

If the Redcat 1/8 Hurricance XP and the Himoto 1/8 Torpeda PRO are basically the same buggy, will a Kyosho MP7.5 complete alloy hop up set from Yeah Racing on ebay be compatible? Himoto says their buggy is the same as the MP7.5. Trying to upgrade the suspension to alloy, but having trouble finding the front lower arms.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Compatible

Hi, I have a himoto Torpeda, from what I can remeber they are 98% upgradable with the Kyosho parts with the exception of the front arms.

Take a look at a pic of the Mp7.5 and the Bazooka/Himoto/redcat and you will see the difference.

There are front aluminium arms available. I think Redcat have some now, but you can find them on eBay.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just purchased a himoto eldorada 1/10 scale does anybody know what brands will interchange with it and if i made a bad purchase

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Take it back man.
    Just kidding buddy. They're good trucks once you get the hang of them. First thing I'd do is get yourself a new HPI racing clutchbell. I forget the exact part number but It has been posted quite a bit here in the forum so just read a few threads and i'm sure you'll run into it.
    The new clutchbell will help you from stripping gears so frequently.
    Next part I'd upgrade would be the clutch spring from traxxas. I believe it's part number 4146xx or something like that. These guys are known for breaking those stock springs.
    Then I'd look into maybe upgrading the shocks or the steering arms and c-hubs.
    Here are some links:
    Steering Arms
    C-Hubs (Also known as Doortype mounts in the manual)

If this is your first nitro car just remember to be patient. Things are going to break. And you'll have to fix them.
    It's a pretty steep learning curve but once you get everything figured out it's pretty rewarding.
    We're all pretty helpful guys here so feel free to ask anything about the truck and we'll try our best to help.
    Tornado Xp