Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Clutch Gear Housing Explostion

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
GasBoySun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Gear Housing Explostion

I broke my Himoto 1/10 Eldorada and while waiting patientlly for my parts from RedCat I bought the Traxxis clutch spring that I read about in this site. Being new to this I installed the the spring and when the parts I ordered came in I installed them. After trying to tune the car at many failed attempes the clutch exploded, and destroyed the transmission gears. I.m not worried about the tranny, I'm just wondering how the heck the clutch blew apart. Like I said earlier I'm new at this and I have mechanical back round but this stuff is different to a certain extent. Please advise.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 AM
DiTi

Default RE: Clutch Gear Housing Explostion

maybe the way you installed the spring caused some minor defect on it and later it caused a major explosion...?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:59 AM
GasBoySun

Default RE: Clutch Gear Housing Explostion

Is there another clutch housing gear I can put on so i don't have to wait?