Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Completely New and Need Advice Please

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Completely New and Need Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:18 PM
MacPatton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely New and Need Advice Please

Want to buy an R/C offroad car. Just started researching today. Redcat seems to be most reasonably priced. Is it a case of you get what you pay for or do they have good products. Looking at the Tornado and the Volcano as options. I am 35 so not still a "dumb" kid. I was thinking to buy one of their products as a starter and if I enjoy the hobby as much as I think I will then buy myself a Traxxas Jato because Ive read nothing but good reviews about those. Kind of expensive though. Also what are some of the "hidden" costs that come with R/C life and any good suggestions on books about mechanics and repair of vehicles. Thx in advance for any help here.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Completely New and Need Advice Please

Read through the truck thread and the buggy threads....that will give you the good and bad...

As with all things...there have been some problems but there are fixes on the way...

As for my personal opinion....the 1/10's (Tornado and Volcano) are GREAT entry level vehicles for the money and an awesome way to learn how to tune...drive and repair Nitros.

As for the 1/8 buggies??...I feel THOSE are VERY race worthy.[8D]

I'm actually considering adding a Traxxas Revo to my stable one of these days for EXTREME "bashing".

The main thing to remember is that all these vehicles I have mentioned serve different purposes.