Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

POST YOUR RIDE INFO

Old 02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
platinumchopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POST YOUR RIDE INFO

Heres mine http://www.jbmods.com/dustdevil.html
Old 02-22-2006, 07:15 AM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: POST YOUR RIDE INFO

Chopper,
I've been trying to find info about upgrading my single speed tranny to a 2 speed. I saw on your link (very nice BTW) that you're planning on going from a 2 to a 3 speed. Any links to parts required and weather its a bolt up or serious mods required?

Thanks
SB
Old 02-22-2006, 06:33 PM
platinumchopper

Hey, thanks for checking out my site, glad u liked it... im not sure about converting a single to a 2 speed but i will look it up and ask around right now... it post the info as soon as i find it.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
platinumchopper

it looks like the only difference in the 1 speed car and the 2 speed is the gear set. so... as far as i know you could purchase the 2 speed moderate gear set for 26 bones here http://www.redcatracing.com/vehicle_...m?vehicle_id=2 and it should bolt right in... personaly i would try sence it is only 26 bones, but your might want to ask around the 1/10 truck forum to make sure its that simple, sence there are more people on the truck forum than the buggy and they are the same driveline setup. Realy i dont think any one has tried a 1 into 2 swap with a redcat, i does not hurt to try. good luck man!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

You would also have to change the clutch bell housing if going to a 2 speed. The 2 speeds have to gears on the clutch bell.