Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat dealers and parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:02 PM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Redcat dealers and parts

I have to say i am NOT impressed with anyone's customer service. As i see it now all of the "dealers" are more like middle men who get a discount on part prices and take your money and then call redcat in AZ and have the parts shipped.

It's a pity that such a cool product has a board completely filled with spammers who don't actually stock ANYTHING.

If there are any redcat/himoto/whatever dealers who actually stock the parts feel free to respond.

As of today i ordered my lower front arms from a dealer (who's name i wont mention) 2 weeks ago and still haven't received.

From this point on I'll either order from redcat direct and pay the higher price or from exportpro.biz (where I got my car) and order in bulk.

All parts purchasers remember "buyer beware", there's a good chance you'll be screwed or wait forever for an envelope that should be covered under a .39 stamp price.
The following users liked this post:
RCRFan29 (06-19-2020)
Old 02-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat dealers and parts

I dont think that is always the case. I dont think every dealer can stock every part. I have a large supply of parts but there are those occasions where you run out. Then Drop ship is the answer. You can't just throw them in an envelope with a 39 cent stamp and not expect the parts to arrive at customers house unharmed. I'm sorry you feel this way, but I ship the same or next day and if I happen to be out of stock, I place order immediatly and redcat drop ships.
I cant speak for other dealers so that is my 2 cents. I am in florida and I have customers in PA that get them in 3 days. Pretty good service I think.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Xeller8

Yep...I have dealt with Dennis and I have to say I was impressed with the service...he even sold me a body for my buggy that HE was going to use himself so I didn't have to wait longer for it...he re-ordered it for HIMSELF instead...

As a matter of fact...I was just chatting with Dennis (Chubbysdad) on Yahoo messenger and he says he now has those control arms in stock...

Don't let "Mr.Spam" set the priciple here...BTW...he has been "deleted" for spamming....so don't give up and give some of these other guys a chance.[8D]
Old 02-27-2006, 08:01 PM
shamelessbill

Wasn't speaking about you- just venting some frustration over a 1 week delivery.
For the record part arrived today from rczero (Jerry) and no hard feelings torwards him. Redcat shipped on the 21st, just takes a while from AZ.

Now onto a side note- I lost the shaft for one of the front wheel drives so i removed the other one.....Damn is this thing crazy fast now. Plus the donuts in the middle of the street are freeking my neighbors OUT!.

Dennis- With your close location to me I will be buying future parts from you.

PS, Any 17 or 18 tooth clutch bells in stock? The 16 is fast but I'm looking for more on the top end. Everytime I go in the dirt i break something (driver error) but in street I can scream. Tomorrow I'm going to follow it in my car and see what the speed is. After breaking it in it looks close to 45... Also whats the going rate for a pull starter or is there one at the LHS that will match up?

ORIGINAL: chubbysdad

I dont think that is always the case. I dont think every dealer can stock every part. I have a large supply of parts but there are those occasions where you run out. Then Drop ship is the answer. You can't just throw them in an envelope with a 39 cent stamp and not expect the parts to arrive at customers house unharmed. I'm sorry you feel this way, but I ship the same or next day and if I happen to be out of stock, I place order immediatly and redcat drop ships.
I cant speak for other dealers so that is my 2 cents. I am in florida and I have customers in PA that get them in 3 days. Pretty good service I think.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:06 PM
ehroof

shamelessbill, i ordered the buggy from rczero21 on ebay, over 10 days later i got the tracking number after i wrote several emails and threatened to get my money back, hopefully the buggy will be here on friday, over 2 weeks from paypal payment. All the other people he sold to are having the same problem, or worse no tracking number. He said he forgot on my order and told other winners it was redcats fault, it seems like all the auctions he posted and people won had or like me are having a problem. hope he's not running a scam, if not its a hell of a way to start a business. i won an auction for redcats truck from anthonysrcshop and got the truck in a week or less and was extremely happy. my truck seems good, have had no problems so far and should have bought the buggy from him, tried to save a few bucks. i have several other cars, boats, motorcycles, planes and rockets, even a helicopter. I have been in the hobby for over 20 hears and wanted to try this truck, for the money you cant go wrong thats why i figured on getting the buggy. will post after i get the package and let everyone know how everything worked out.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Xeller8

Guys like him are the reason why I shy away from buying on E-bay and caution people against it.....sure...you MAY get a good price...but once you add in shipping how much are you really going to save over buying it from Redcat or one of the dealers on here?...

Also...good luck with customer support after the sale if you buy off E-bay.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Trav 09

hey chubbysdad what is the site that your talkin about i keep findin sites with excellent prices but the shipping is like 30 for like 6 parts its rediculous so please tell me what the site is that your talkin about so i can order my parts thankz
Old 03-31-2006, 07:50 AM
tekguy4

All dealers for every brand do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Redcat Racing has just started up and is a new product, what they are like 90-100 days old now, thats it. Being that new you can not expect the dealers to carry every part, heck I bet Redcat is still figuring out stock levels for their products so they know when to order and how much of which parts to keep on hand.

We ordered 16 Redcat cars and besides a few pieces broken in shipping, everyone is happy (even me after *****ing about getting the volcano going yesterday)

Knowing Redcat from the other side of there business, I will tell you they are here to stay in the game and they will get better. [8D]
Old 03-31-2006, 09:00 AM
cartronicshn

i'am also a dealer in Honduras, but the frustrating part is actually trying to stock on parts and redcat not having them[:@],i don't like telling my customers to expect parts that i've been told are available placing the order getting charged for them and then they happen to be backordered[:@], that is just wrong!!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Popper252

ORIGINAL: shamelessbill

Also whats the going rate for a pull starter or is there one at the LHS that will match up?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4068240/tm.htm

You'll find your answer right there bud.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:47 AM
TopSpeedToys

I'm not a redcat dealer, I order direct from China and have plenty of stock on most parts.
Specially the common 02014 & 02015. We are in Southern California, ship same or next day and
deliver anywhere in the U.S. in 2-3 days for a flat fee of $5 no matter how many parts.
There are plenty of people here on RCU that have ordered from me. I have not had a complaint yet.
I go as far as pulling parts off my own cars to keep the fun going. No charge of course, I don't sell used parts.
I've been known to give a few away when I get caught off guard and have to stock.

Mark

www.topspeedtoys.com
Old 03-31-2006, 02:13 PM
nitrosteve22

Yeah I've herd this rczero fella's not a good business man. I remember back before I bought my redcat I was diggin around on ebay lookin for a cheap nitro to get back in to the hobby and stumbled upon some of his auctions and almost bit. But luckily I found this place and a good RC dealer (Denis/Chubbysdad) to to business with. This is a big reason why I dont shop on ebay! I also havent herd a single bad thing about topspeedtoys so I think if you spend just a little time researching.... What was that old saying?... An ounce of caution is worth a pound of cure... Something like that....

Hey topspeedtoys,whats the word/deal on that power racing valiant? looks like a 1/8th scale Tmaxx with a smaller engine and a much nicer price... Looks kinda interesting,whats your opinion on it? Dont suppose Tmaxx parts fit huh? I've always wanted a Tmaxx (not a super duper 3.3 I'd be more than happy with an old school trx. 15 tmaxx) but they dont ever seem to drop in price for the old models! After I get me my Hurricane I'll be in the market for a big ol' 1/8th scale monster truck!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:52 PM
TopSpeedToys

Hey nitrosteve22,

You are right.
The Valiant is a damn good replica of the T-Maaxxxx (even has a small square for the E-ZEE start)
I've not confirmed it but I believe allot of parts will be compatible.
I just got a few in, I'm in the middle of testing, tuning bashing ect.
So far so good, just the usual problems (pull start cord came loose and recoiled, clutch is crap, .15 engine is ok but a good upgrade l8tr will be better) For the price, upgrading a clutch and such is not bad.

If you’re interested, let me know. I'll give you a good deal.

Mark
www.topspeedtoys.com
Old 03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Trav 09

thanks top speed toys ill be ordering my parts from your site from now on
Old 03-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Connormon

Just ordered a Pull start from Dennis and it was painless. Simple and easy. And cheapest i could find. So i just thought i would say this.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 09:48 PM
ehroof

lol, what car do you have, why do you want to get rid of it and for how much??
Old 03-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Connormon

uhh ive got the HiMoto 1/10 Eldorada...virtually the same as the Volcano STX and im getting rid of it because it has more shelf time than it does driving. And everytime i put a new part in there i manage to somehow break it by going over a little rock in the lot i drive it in. And i want something better and bigger like the Traxxas Revo..which is what im getting.

As far as money..im hopeing to get atleast 100 out of this. Hopefully more in the uppper 100s but well see.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
ehroof

oic, just wondering.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for your order. It will go out tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Trav 09

hey connor man if you sell your truck for about 100 $ please email me at [email protected] i am very interested
Old 04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
j-boy

Ive ordered a lot of parts since x-mas when I got my buggy and theres a reason why chubbysdad, topspeed, and redcat are on here replying to people. Its cause they are good folks. The only suppliers that I havent had problems with are these guys. E-Bay is a joke!!!

I do a lot of ordering from tower and there pretty decent but I have had more trouble from them than with these smaller dealers. I cant even really say that I like one of these three over the others because I order from whoever has my items in stock but I will only order from these three dealers.

Hey shameless I dont want to step on your toes cause your allways quick to help answer my posts but Redcat actually called me to let me know that they were backordering (or whatever it is they do) the items that they didn't have in stock. They wanted to know if it was ok to charge me for my entire order and ship the backordered parts later. I thought that was pretty decent customer service. I wasnt impressed when I first started ordering from them but I think they have improved alot in a short time.

just my two cents.......post u later
Old 04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Andrew_of_NC

Guys, check out this site. I ordered from him last Thursday and received my COMPLETE order yesterday. His prices were the best so I went to him. $5 shipping. He even lists wether the parts are in stock and when they are expected.

Really easy to shop with and will always use this site for my parts.

www.RedcatRacingParts.com

Old 04-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Stormy_H

Thanks Andrew!

This is Stormy from www.RedcatRacingParts.com. We're pretty new (about 20 days old), and have only had 5 orders so far but we're growing fast and havn't had any complaints. Don't be shy, if you have a problem let us know. We do our best to "help a brother out".

Our supplier is Redcat Racing. We don't dropship if we don't have to and we will only dropship vehicles upon request.

Anyone wanna heads-up on Redcat Racing's newest model?

1/8 Hurricane Pro Buggy

All aluminum upgrades
.28 Nitro Engine

Our Price: $439.99

Expected in on 5/5/06.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:50 AM
cartronicshn

i wish i could say the same thing, on my 2 orders to redcat there is always been something backoredered, no problem, except that on my second order i specifically called and told them not to charge me for backordered stuff, and still they cahrged for 1 buggy and a handful of parts that weren't in stock, they didn't ask me before doing this or tell me when to expect delivery of said backorder, i have to consolidate cargo from various supplliers once a month in florida and i just went ahead and had my order shipped down here, so i have to wait another month for the backorder to get here, and that my friend sucks!!
Old 04-10-2006, 01:02 PM
cartronicshn

what's the deal[:@], i have placed three different orders after last time i posted and each one of them there is a backorder[:'(], this makes me sick, they don't even ask they just charge me for the whole thing, i already told them i consolidate my products in florida to ship out every month, and all this small things that don't get shipped i have to ship a by air which makes even more expensive than what they already are[:@], sorry i had to vent, hopefully someday we get on the same page as to shipping and backorders, i do like the cars a lot though i think they are the best for the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.