Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Performance Claims

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Claims

heck, if it runs for another quart, I am by all means suprised!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:01 PM
maxxhavoc

lets start off with the fact that i do not own a redcat racing product. lets continue with, how do you think i am in any way defending the company or brand? in my part of the world there are different dictionaries that do define words differently. if your mustang does 147, good for you. but tell me what the maximum number on your speedometer is? depending on the year it could be 85,125,130,150,or 155. if your speedometer reads 150+, well then youd better take it back because the car appearently is only able to go 147. honestly, there are many contributing factors to any product claims. weather in your certain area affects the tune af any motor large or small. 30% nitro is not a hop-up, its achoice when your purchasing fuel. even though it is an inanimate object conditions can effect its ability to live up to the advertisement. its a hobby for crying out loud! its supposed to be enjoyed. even if the buggy doesnt reach 70mph does it really matter that much? and where exactly did you read that i was agreeing with the claims made? if you go back and read the thread, i said if the buggy did infact reach the claimed mph the sentance would read differently. i never said that it went the claimed mph. i also never stated or implied that i agree with any of the selling practices of any manufacturers. as for the other people that share your opinion, im one of them. so go back, read again and try to fully understand what ive written before writting what sees to me, a very angered response. it is however very fun debating the issue with you though.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 PM
wildspeed

ORIGINAL: xilix

Dude, you're a living, breathing, thinking human being. You have the ability to CHOOSE whether or not you feel like doing sometihng. It's not like you go out and buy a Redcat and one day it just turns around and says to you "hey you know what, I don't FEEL like going 70mph today, so you can just go screw yourself".

We are talking about things that are designed to achieve one thing or another. Either it does it, or it doesn't. Simple. There is no mystical between for a R/C car or any other object. It doesn't have a brain and it cannot think for itself or decide whether it wants to go 70mph or not. And I dunno about you, but where I come from, words have one definition to all people and it's not subjective. There may be a variety of ways to interpret a sentence or word, but only one way is right. You guys can be on the defensive about Redcat products all you want. They're false advertising and I would bet my left nut on it.

Honestly, think about it. Since when do people buy things because of what they MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be able to do? It's not like I went into a Ford dealership and the salesman was like "yeah.. it'll do 147mph....sometimes... maybe... if you use C16 race gas... and take the spoiler off.. and use nitrous... and install better cams and heads.. and delete the rear seats... and use swap out your tranny for a 6-speed ect. ect.." No, it just does it. Plain and simple. My car will go that fast, it depends on nothing, it is able to, that is why I bought it, and that is why everyone buys everything. Because certain products DO certain things. Why not just slap 70mph on every single RTR in the world? Because of course, with an engine upgrade, 30% nitro, new suspension, new tranny.... blah blah blah blah.. anything can go 70mph. Right?

So basically what you're saying is that it's ok for a company to sell a product under false pretenses. Well I and a lot of people out there, including the BBB, think it's wrong. But I guess I'm just one of those crazy people who actually like to get what the product avertises it can do.

You are maybe right, but you use the wrong explanation to convince me of your point.

For example, there is only one Bible with the same words for everyone, why there is so much Churches and different Believing if "only one way is right"( to quote you).

As for choosing the mustang to prove your point (don't get me wrong, i like the car), I remember multiple tests where modification has to be done so top speed can be reached. ( Tape lights and hood for better aerodynamic...)

So I guess everything is subjective to your own comprehension of the terms.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:02 PM
jeeperscreapers

It really runs great.... but I can't get the temp down ..... It's always ran over 300
Old 03-10-2006, 06:08 PM
jeeperscreapers

OK I bought the hurricane and the tornado yesterday and ran them both a little lean with 30% fuel, right out of the box.... I live in a small hick town(everyone knows everyone). I got the local police chief to clock me at the old airport. AND I could have easily leaned it out more and probably topped the top speed advertised..... SOOOOO enough said and quit bickering [:-]

hurricane xp = 62.7 mph
tornado xp = 53.2 mph
Old 03-10-2006, 10:27 PM
maxxhavoc

physical evidence 1, assumptions 0
Old 03-10-2006, 10:57 PM
platinumchopper

Clocked Speeds so far:

LIGHTNING - ChrisJ480 - 48 mph
TORNADO XL -
TORNADO XP - jeeperscreapers - 53.2 mph
VOLCANO -
HURICANE XL -
HURICANE XP - jeeperscreapers - 62.7 mph

Old 03-12-2006, 01:35 AM
xilix

ORIGINAL: maxxhavoc

lets start off with the fact that i do not own a redcat racing product. lets continue with, how do you think i am in any way defending the company or brand? in my part of the world there are different dictionaries that do define words differently. if your mustang does 147, good for you. but tell me what the maximum number on your speedometer is? depending on the year it could be 85,125,130,150,or 155. if your speedometer reads 150+, well then youd better take it back because the car appearently is only able to go 147. honestly, there are many contributing factors to any product claims. weather in your certain area affects the tune af any motor large or small. 30% nitro is not a hop-up, its achoice when your purchasing fuel. even though it is an inanimate object conditions can effect its ability to live up to the advertisement. its a hobby for crying out loud! its supposed to be enjoyed. even if the buggy doesnt reach 70mph does it really matter that much? and where exactly did you read that i was agreeing with the claims made? if you go back and read the thread, i said if the buggy did infact reach the claimed mph the sentance would read differently. i never said that it went the claimed mph. i also never stated or implied that i agree with any of the selling practices of any manufacturers. as for the other people that share your opinion, im one of them. so go back, read again and try to fully understand what ive written before writting what sees to me, a very angered response. it is however very fun debating the issue with you though.
Car manufacturers never list top speeds of the car untill it is verfied by a calibrated radar or laser, and speedometers are shared between many models between the companies that make up Ford. Before I bought this car I looked up the top speed and in stock form it was verfied at 147mph. Speedometer's never indicate the top speed of any vehicle. They mean nothing. The Fox body stang has a 85mph speedo and the car topped out at over 140mph. When the ZX-11 Ninja came out it had a 220mph speedo. That bike did about 180 out of the box. Kawasaki only put that speedo on the bike to boost sales, however, they never claimed or advertised that it actually reached that speed in any test conducted. Conditions do affect things to a point, but air temp and humidity can be dealt with via tuning, and cars are usually always tested when conditions are nice. I think you're missing my point entirely. There is no way that new buggy is doin' 70+ mph out of the box. It's an unrealistic claim, even for the most absolute perfect weather conditions. And while I agree this hobby is for fun, I think it's a good idea for this company to list real performance claims that are verfied or at least realistic, just like all of the other manufacturers.

I'm not angered.[sm=confused.gif]

ORIGINAL: wildspeed

You are maybe right, but you use the wrong explanation to convince me of your point.

For example, there is only one Bible with the same words for everyone, why there is so much Churches and different Believing if "only one way is right"( to quote you).

As for choosing the mustang to prove your point (don't get me wrong, i like the car), I remember multiple tests where modification has to be done so top speed can be reached. ( Tape lights and hood for better aerodynamic...)

So I guess everything is subjective to your own comprehension of the terms.
Religion and the "unknown" will be interpreted forever, rock hard facts and science never change. The right answer is always the right answer when dealing with these sorts of things. You can believe the fire isn't hot all you want, it's still going to hurt you. The same would go for the definition of a word, where the definition has been the same for thousands of years. Although some words can be used in different contexts, some aren't. If hired someone that said they're able to lift 100lbs, I expect they will. And I'd certainly wonder why if they weren't able to.

Usually taping of the grill, headlights and seems are done by car makers that are building supercars. I believe the last time this was a fiasco was when the McLaren F1 was caught taping their top speed test car (Koenigsegg pointed it out to everyone). They were pretty embarassed (you're not supposed to tape when publishing an "Official" top speed). Another thing that might be confused with taping, is a vail to "protect" what the car looks like from spy cameras. Usually the car will be covered in all black vinyl, however the seems and headlights are untouched. I've personally done 145mph in the Stang, and it had more left to it. I'd say I got what I was expecting.

physical evidence 1, assumptions 0

Where's the video? I see no evidence.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:14 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, i am going to radio shack today and buying the radar gun they have for $125. I would have went and tried today but it is raining, i will post a video showing the cars and the radar gun on the next nice day(weekend). i also think that the speeds are a little overboard. I invested big bucks into my hpi rs4 and maybe i get 60mph out of it. I'm not saying thier not fast but 70 is a little bit crazy, maybe 40-50. i have the volcano and tornado xp. My Jato would easily eat these cars up out of the box. The box on the jato said it will do 55+ and i believe it, the thing screams.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:35 AM
xilix

I've always wanted a Jato. But I want an LSP or Revo more. Maybe one day I'll just have all of them.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:19 PM
ehroof

i'll tell you one thing, the jato is fast as hell. i was getting some sick air yesterday, wish i had brought a camera of camcorder. Last jump did it in though, rear shock tower, rear shocks and now it wont roll forewards or backwards, not the break either, it was rolling round lastnight before i put it away, i think anyway. Maybe i put the tires on too tight after i changed them????????? have to check
Old 03-12-2006, 01:51 PM
xilix

I remember my RC18T used to do that if I didn't have the axle shims on and tightened it. Not sure if you have axle shims, but you might wanna check. The jump might have also jammed the gears? I'd take it all apart and see if everything is all good.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:42 PM
maxxhavoc

man!!! i had a great rebut going and the system timed out! anyway the point of the whole thing is still advertising is subjective to each person reading the claims. if you wanna believe, then you do if you dont, well then you dont. man im upset, i had a freaking novel going[:@] thats it in a nutshell.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:47 PM
ehroof

lol, well i have a bridge in brooklyn i can sell you then. Its big and you can put tolls on it an make money. I'll sell it to you real cheap, just dont tell anyone.

i changed the rear bumper in the jato and what is was is that when i changed it the screw was too long since it was thinner that the original. funny because i came with the jato, it was in the bag and you change if you dont put the battery in the back but in the center. go figure.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:02 PM
maxxhavoc

a bridge huh? ill trade you for my beach front proprty in arizona.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:30 PM
ehroof

then we will call it even. my bridge for your property.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:38 PM
ehroof

i just clocked my volcano at 105.7mph (anyone looking to buy a bridge?)
and the tornado xp at 123.3 (i will give you this car if you buy my bridge)
Old 03-12-2006, 08:14 PM
xilix

I don't how else to explain this. It's a fairly simple concept. Please pay attention..

A claim-is a claim-is a claim. If someone says their product is able to do something, and it doesn't, that is called a lie. AKA false advertisement. There is absolutely nothing subjective about that at all. If I told a client that I'm able to do a certain effect or technique, and they paid me $1500 bucks to do it, I better do it, or I'm getting sued. Objectively sued. People pay me for my ABILITY to edit professional looking videos at a rock bottom price. I advertise that I'm able to do it. Therefor I HAVE to produce that result, time and again, or my clients would dissapear. I'm very educated in advertising, I've studied it, I make money doing it, and so do my clients by using the promo's I edit. Just like people buy R/C cars because of their individual abilities. Redcat racing claims their new buggy is able to achieve 70+mph. If I bought this buggy I would expect nothing less (give or take maybe 4-5mph depending on weather conditions).

Nowhere--not anywhere does Redcat Racing actually provide proof to their claims, and they don't have the dependable reputation that Traxxas or Associated ect. ect. does. That reputation is to be earned. And reputations aren't earned by feeding people lies. That is the bottom line. It's not subjective, it is completely objective. Either it can do 70mph or it can't. Either it's able to or it's not. And finally, if it's able to, it will. There is no gray area here. If I buy something I expect it to do what the company says it's able to do, or I'm returning it. Period. This is the nature of business.

Here is an example: The 1999 Mustang SVT Cobra was advertised at 320hp at the crank. John Q. Public dynoed the car, and the car fell short. Ford recalled every single SVT Cobra made from that batch and installed new heads and intake manifolds, among other things, for free. Otherwise they would've had one hell of a class action law suit on their hands. Ford didn't turn around and say their performance claims were subjective, and therefor change for every person reading it. Of course, we are talking about toys here and not real cars, but the fact remains that a claim is a claim, and the product must live up to that claim, otherwise it's considered to be false, and therefor is grounds for false advertisement.

What would you do if our government said that our constitution and the bill of rights were subjective, and could be interpreted any way they want, so that they could put you in jail for literally anything because your rights are completely subjective? Subjectivity falls into catagory's like art, music, photography, film, poetry ect. ect.. Not claims for a product and certainly not our rights as Americans.

I'm not flaming you here, so please don't take what's written here the wrong way. We all love the same hobby, lets not get heated over this. For future reference you should use notepad/wordpad to write a long reply, or use Opera (www.opera.com), it's a free browser (the best in my opinion), and even if your session times out, you can hit the back button and your text will still be there for you to copy and paste.

As for this debate, I've said really all I can say about the performance claims. I can't explain it any better if I tried. I'm just trying to get some verfied data as to how fast these buggies and trucks really are. That's all.

man!!! i had a great rebut going and the system timed out! anyway the point of the whole thing is still advertising is subjective to each person reading the claims. if you wanna believe, then you do if you dont, well then you dont. man im upset, i had a freaking novel going[:@] thats it in a nutshell.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
ehroof

I agree. There is no way these cars do what they say. The volcano stx is supposed to do 60+mph. Is only a single speed tranny. no way. 35-40mph the most. The tornado may do 45-50mph. I also think the numbers i gave are pretty forgiving too. I am not saying they are slouches, they are pretty quick, will keep up with some other rtr cars but not close to their claimed speeds. Best bang for the buck though. the companies that sell these cars (redcat himoto etc.) should do an actual test and put that in their advertising. I could make a pretty big stink about my volcano if i wanted. it is advertised to do 60+ mph and is does not. No matter what fuel, temp, uphill, downhill, tailwind etc. would make this truck do 60mph.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:13 AM
redman1

Hey,you got to admit it.These redcat products are just as fast
as any of the other big companies machines are,bring em all on.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:18 AM
maxxhavoc

an opinion is an opinion. we can keep debating this thing til the servers are full, but in the end everyone has their own views and have picked his/her side of the fence. i agree video documentation(company or personal) would be some proof of performance claims. but judging from your argument, i dont thinkyoude be satisfied unless you where holding the gun yourself. dont read anything into that its just an objective view from what ive read so far. its not meant as an insult or sarcasm. it might upset my wife, but i may just have to get a hurricane and a radar gun (have a video camera) just to end this debate once and for all. ive been looking at them anyways. if you ever see this thread pop up again after a little while, it might be me with the results.i wont forget.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
xilix

I didn't state my opinion, I stated facts. I've tried to explain it to you, but I guess I could keep going until my fingers are blistered, you just aren't grasping it.

If someone got video of the radar gun and the Stock Redcat doing 70MPH, I could care less if I was holding the gun. It's proof, and I would submit an apology, give props to Redcat, then I'd buy one, and that would be that. So lets wait for the guys with the radar guns to settle this.

an opinion is an opinion. we can keep debating this thing til the servers are full, but in the end everyone has their own views and have picked his/her side of the fence. i agree video documentation(company or personal) would be some proof of performance claims. but judging from your argument, i dont thinkyoude be satisfied unless you where holding the gun yourself. dont read anything into that its just an objective view from what ive read so far. its not meant as an insult or sarcasm. it might upset my wife, but i may just have to get a hurricane and a radar gun (have a video camera) just to end this debate once and for all. ive been looking at them anyways. if you ever see this thread pop up again after a little while, it might be me with the results.i wont forget.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Xeller8

I still stand by earlier post that those numbers are actually KPH and were interpreted wrong when placed on their site...do the math like I did and those numbers translate into BELIEVABLE MPH...

I will still get my helper down here in his cruiser to clock my HurricaneXP when the weather and our schedules cooperate....I'm betting it is going to hit somewhere in the neighborhood of the mid 50's MAYBE upper 50's..(with the higher perf motor mind you).
Old 03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
maxxhavoc

maybe its you who isnt understanding me. i never said you where wrong and areed with you in another reply. i do understand what you are saying, and i do grasp what ive read so far. my piont is that people are going to read the advertisement and take it with whatever understanding they have of the words. the ad is open to interpitation, therefore to each person that reads the add its subjective. thats what im trying to say, and i like to argue
but in the end no arguement can be made to prove or disprove the ad unless you either have one, or like you said, video. i feel you on the fingers though, i think im getting little fingertip caluses.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:43 PM
ehroof

If they claim it does 70mph and it more like 50mph, then it would be false advertising. wether it be a mph to kph mistake, its still printed on the box. I have a volcano that is said to do 60+mph. Aint happening!! maybe 35mph. False advertising. I can understand his point, If i buy a used car and the odometer says 38,000 miles and i go to carfax as see that it is actually 138,000 miles and it was sold as 38,000 i get to bring the car back and get my money back if i can prove it is false (prove is the key word here) if they are a legitamate business. There is a big difference here though! Once is a car and one is a less than $200 toy. As much as i know the lightning does not and will not do 60+mph as of right now i cant prove it (need radar gun). Radio shack does not have one, they are out. Maxx you are 100% right, if you can prove it, Since they are saying it does, you are the sceptic(along with me and others) and need to prove that it does not do the advertised speed. Anyone can type in any speed without proof. I like to argue too[:@].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.