Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

HELPPP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:21 PM
jeeperscreapers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPPP!!!!

I FINALLY got my buggy!!!!! I let the glow igniter charge for like 3 hours then tried startin ... but it didnt even try to turn over. I think my igniter just isnt fully charged.... Is that the problem???? if so , how do i know when its charged... thx!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
jeeperscreapers

Default RE: HELPPP!!!!

ALSO!!! how long do i leave the igniter on the plug b4 i try to start??? and do i leave the igniter on the plug untill it actually starts?????

thx!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Xeller8

Take the plug out of the motor and hook it up to your ignitor and see if it glows...

I usually leave the ignitor hooked up for about 20-30 seconds or so after it starts to help it warm up...

Even though the temptation will be extremely overwhelming...DO NOT start ripping around and hammering on it immediately...go easy on it at first and do the break in properly!

Break-in----> http://www.rbmods.net/enginetempering.php

Tuning-----> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3965371/tm.htm
Old 03-03-2006, 05:40 PM
jeeperscreapers

thx xeller.... I actually got it figured out on my own lol!!!! win for me!!! hehe this thing rox... I just figured id drop u a thank you neways though while she's coolin down .... welp ima go finish breakin her in!!! i can already tell this is gonna be the best 200 dollars i ever spent lol!!!! btw im a newbie lol! iv read all the posts on here and hope i can start bein active in this forum now that i actually got my car!!! cya!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Xeller8

EXCELLENT...congrats!

Just remember to resist the temptation to jam on it until you have thoroughly broken it in and keep a close eye on the temperature...

Good luck...have fun and keep us posted![8D]
Old 03-03-2006, 07:21 PM
jeeperscreapers

Well I think i got it broke in good.... and broke as well LOL!!!! busted 3 steering parts on the wheel.... it seems concrete is harder than plastic hehe!!!