Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

stress fractures

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:38 AM
j-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stress fractures

I just noticed that my rear wheels have hairline cracks in them. Anyone experienced this one yet? Will they eventually get worse? Any way to prevent this or prevent existing cracks from spreading? thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
platinumchopper

Default RE: stress fractures

Buy a new set of wheels and eather clear coat them or paint them with krylon plastics spray paint it will make them last alittle longer. good luck man
Old 03-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Xeller8

I have one on my 'Cane XP that has cracked too....

If I remember correctly Redcat has aluminum wheels available for mine...not sure about any of the others though...I just tried to double check that but I can't get into that section on their site...they must be having technical issues..

With being in the body business for about 18 years I can assure you paint will not make much of a difference...but hey...if you want to try it...go ahead and try it.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:29 AM
j-boy

thanks for the advice folks. I think Im Just gonna drive em till they fall off? Ot of site- out of mind kinda thing. [8D]
Old 03-04-2006, 01:39 PM
xilix

If your wheels falls off during a run it'll probably pull the car to one side and you'll end up smashing into something. I recommend you get some aftermarket wheels. In the meantime, some epoxy resin might help those weak spots untill the new wheels come in. Just be sure to apply it evenly from one side of the wheel to the other, or it'll be out of balance.