Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tonado XP gear help please

Old 03-03-2006, 07:27 AM
krazd360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tonado XP gear help please

Hello, i just got a tornado XP ,i went out and ran like 4 tanks to break it in, then i started to try to open her up it seemed like she would never switch into 2nd gear ,why? after a couple of more tanks the car just stopped, but it was still running i realized the the bigger gear you can see from under the car has been sheared down so it is not engaging is this commen also i havn't taken it apart yet, but the gear look plastic. ok i have 2 questions . 1. are there upgraded gears so this won't happen again.
2. why won't it shift into 2nd thank for your help and also if you could piont me in the right direction in getting more reliable gears
Old 03-03-2006, 09:14 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tonado XP gear help please

I know with other cars like kyosho, hpi, traxxas you loosen the 2 hex screws by the gears to make it shift sooner, tighten to make shift later. i just go my tornado xp today and since its so cold today i will wait till maybe tomorrow to fool with it. as far as upgrades, i dont think they make any yet except for the 1/8 scale.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:18 AM
krazd360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tonado XP gear help please

well thanks for the help i ordered some new gears and your right that have not got any upgraded parts yet for the tornado xp as for it not shifting into 2nd i will have to wait to get my new gears to figure that problem out i herd it is cause it isn't tuned right but i will try to loosen the hex scews a little and see what happens