Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Aluminum Parts please

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:23 AM
bluecaka69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Parts please

Has anybody heard about any aluminum parts for tornado xl xp like steering arms ect...redcat cant keep up with demand- they break way to easy -so if anyone knows or has heard of aluminumhop ups for these cars please let me know
Old 03-06-2006, 08:06 AM
krazd360

Default RE: Aluminum Parts please

i agree ,you say the can't keep up with the demane, where are you getting them at ?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:11 AM
bluecaka69

i was getting them through the redcat website but last time i checked they were on backorder and had no estimated date the -last set i ordered was through clermontmotorsports- great guy he had them drop shipped from redcat in arizona so i would recieve faster- but steering arms door type mounts backordered i called him he sent out them to me prority mail of his stock -3 days noty bad from florida to montana if you need parts hes your man
Old 03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Kemo

The whole car could use better and stronger parts. Its a shame not to be seeing all new chassis parts. 7075 aluminum parts would be spiffy, the car would be strong as heck.

I'm aware of all the problems with these cars, and its why I am still holding back from buying one. That and the fact its only RTR and not ARR or kit form. I dono if these guys are selling rc just to sell rc... but I have yet to see a upgrade part.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:38 PM
bluecaka69

i dont have a problem wit the whole car i mean ive jumped it rolled it flipped it and it seem like the only thing i can break is steering arms it just depends on how well ofa driver you are i would much rather buy a 200 car and spend 200 on extra parts than buy a 400 -500 ar and still have to fix it
after all fixing and wrecking them is part of the hobby there are some upgrade parts available the just havent changed website yet i asked violette just yesterday when they would get that done and she was going to let them know that they were not on website
as far as im concerned hop ups are mainly for looks but they do add stabilty
Old 03-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Kemo

the quality of plastic on the 200-300 dollar cars is far less than those of the 400-1000 dollar cars. You almost never break a part with the top notch cars.