Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat trucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 04:47 PM
CATSWILD00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat trucks

I just wanted to comment about my new volcano stx , got it broke in with no problems .The truck started easily and ran like a champ. Thats when the problems started , on flat ground(baseballfield) i started my truck eased on the throttle the truck took off under no control ,wide open ,ran across the field ,hit a small hump and rolled end over end. you guessed it broke rear axes holder . All batteries was just installed befor i started the truck, I can fix the broken wheel ,but what about the controller ? will Redcat replace it ,fix it , or something ???? i like the truck . my friends have revo's , after they saw how mine ran they started buying larger engines. i'm afraid to try it again , anyone with advise on this matter ???[&o]
Old 03-12-2006, 04:51 PM
jeeperscreapers

Default RE: redcat trucks

I would contact redcat first thing monday.... the # is on their webpage.... they should have no problem replacing the remote.... as long as you didnt slam it down or beat someone up with it.... lol nething of that nature.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:54 PM
CATSWILD00

thanks jeepers no one was injured in the making ov this thread lol
Old 03-12-2006, 04:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you break it in with the transmitter on? Was it working? Were you trying out the truck with your friends? Did they have thier trucks? Did you check frequencies? Was the truck switch on, the tansmitter on before you started it? sorry for all the questions just trying to rule out the obvious before you start returning things.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:06 PM
CATSWILD00

yes all was on ready to go , no other rc's around, just thought i'd let you know the truck was bought through jerry to , the problem has nothing to do with him . just letting you know , was not satisfied with service either
Old 03-12-2006, 05:21 PM
ehroof

Did it take you weeks to get your truck too?? Jerry didnt send redcat the payment for a week, so they didnt send for a week! I did pay him right away though, within an hour of the auction end. The manufacturing is not his fault. Did you call or email redcat from their website yet. (i didnt have very good luck with either but this forum seems to get the owners attention) They are probably closed on the weekends. I really dont have any complaints about the truck. The body is total garbage, i knew it when i cut out for the engine and pull start and a hole in the windshield for access to the gas tank and cooling. Then i rolled it once and the body totally cracked, like an idiot i ordered another redcat body, figured it was painted and looked pretty cool, plus the holes are already made. If this cracks will buy another and paint myself. I would write jerry and email, if he's a good dealer he will try to help instead of ignoring you or pushing you on redcat.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

My guess is that you didn't have the batteries taped in and they popped loose in the reciever not the controller. If this happens, the car will do what it wants. If that is the guess, I reccomend taping the batter pack.
Just a guess because this did happen to my son long time ago.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:26 PM
CATSWILD00

a friend of mine emailed you about this guy when i bought my truck , i'm finished with him , the lady i talked to at redcat was very helpful . he had to lose money on my sale
Old 03-12-2006, 05:28 PM
ehroof

yeah, i remember, mine too. but for the money you cant go wrong.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:39 PM
ehroof

I wanted to start a post call rczero21 stinks but figured i would get in trouble. this will probables be removed too.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:42 PM
CATSWILD00

i know the feeling . i wish the upgrade parts would make it out . i' gonna try the hpi mt2 parts looks similar