Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

quick question

how do you get those little C clamps off? just rip em off? cause i gotta change the door mount and i didnt want to break them.
    Himoto Eldorada 1/10th

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: quick question

i use needle nose pliars.... usually break though after a time or 2.... sometimes they break on the first time
    Savage X , Sure Fire . 32 , Hot-Rod Pipe , Escalade body , HEAVY Mods for HEAVY Bashing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can use a very small screw driver or pick to get in between one of the grooves on the c-clip and the shaft and work them off.
    1/8 Redcat Hurricane XP Buggy/.27 motor (4.43cc)/tuned exhaust
    1/10 Redcat Volcano STX truck/.18 motor (3.0cc)/tuned exhaust

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

xr eight is right. Thats how I get mine off. Use the needle nose to squeeze them back to what they were like before you took them off if they are loose when you put them back on. Just be carefull because they are easy to crush. Also prying them off with a screwdriver tends to make them air born so you might put a towell over the car while your poppin them off. Just peek under it to see what your doing. I bougt a cheap shop magnet too for those unfortunate times when I do drop one. Makes it so much easier to find those teensy weency itty bitty teeny tiny @!$#in little *%$#%$# when they get into the carpet.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Also to all you newbs out there... pay attention to Xeller8! Hes one of the good ones. Knows his stuff!
    Dude! I could beat you with a stomper!

TEAM TERRIBLES... RC money is a Terrible thing to waste!
    http://teamterribles.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow man...thanks!....don't know what to say really other than I'm just ME and I like to try and help people out if I can...I don't feel I'm better than anybody else and I definitely don't know EVERYTHING but I will do my best to help find the answers I don't have...but hey...thanks again for the compliment bud....I appreciate it.[8D]

As for those c-clips...you really don't need to hide under a towel necessarily...lol...once you have the screwdriver or pick in position just put your finger over the clip until it pops loose then it should just fall to the table.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys whats up.Im a little new with nitro vehicles ive only
    ran electric stuff.Im wondering what do you mean about door mounts.
    I have went through my owners manual several times and see nothing about
    it.I hate to sound so new ,but when you dont know you dont know.If anyone
    could please try to explain this to a newby,he sure would appreciate it,thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL!...yeah...that is pretty damn confusing...another example of translation gone wrong...

They are actually c-hubs or hub mounts that hold the front axle hubs (also called steering arms) in place.

Oh...and don't ever worry about "sounding so new"...nuttin wrong with that at all...if you have questions go right ahead and ask![8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for being cool.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: j-boy

xr eight is right. Thats how I get mine off. Use the needle nose to squeeze them back to what they were like before you took them off if they are loose when you put them back on. Just be carefull because they are easy to crush. Also prying them off with a screwdriver tends to make them air born so you might put a towell over the car while your poppin them off. Just peek under it to see what your doing. I bougt a cheap shop magnet too for those unfortunate times when I do drop one. Makes it so much easier to find those teensy weency itty bitty teeny tiny @!$#in little *%$#%$# when they get into the carpet.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Also to all you newbs out there... pay attention to Xeller8! Hes one of the good ones. Knows his stuff!
    I agree xeller really knows his $#*%.

But yea needle nose work perfectly.
    1/10th HiMoto Eldorada

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alright guys...ima change that mount today. it broke after the truck did about 6 or 7 consecutive flips. it was sweet.
    Himoto Eldorada 1/10th