Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

REDCAT OWNERS YOU NEED TO MAKE A SUPPLIMENT

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

REDCAT OWNERS YOU NEED TO MAKE A SUPPLIMENT

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default REDCAT OWNERS YOU NEED TO MAKE A SUPPLIMENT

Not for nothing, but i stayed home today and figured i would read your instruction that come with your vehicles. They are the worst i have ever seen, almost comical. The wording is unbelievable. Did you ever read them???? There is very little to nothing about engine tuning. The names of the parts are made up. There are 3 different universal sets(dogbones). I bought the tornado xp and it didnt shift, i loosened the set screw in the diff set up but started to hear a little rattle and tightned it back up, it did shift though a little fast but i didnt want to loose the gears. There is absolutely nothing about this in the instructions!! I wouldnt even know about the set screws if it wasnt for my other rc vehicles. I see that most people buying your product are new to the hobby and you need to help them out. you need to supply them with at least the bare minimum so they can know how to try to tune their cars, know how to make them shift etc. People shouldnt need to go to the internet for basic engine tuning, gear shifting etc. Maybe make a suplimental dvd like traxxas does. People will watch before they read and with the cost of dvdr's it wouldnt be a big investement on your part. It seems your selling enough of theses vehicles and parts.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:59 PM
jeeperscreapers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REDCAT OWNERS YOU NEED TO MAKE A SUPPLIMENT

the ACTUAL redcat technician told me on the phone that those screws werent for adjusting.... he said there is no way to adjust the shift time on the 1/10 buggies and trucks.... he said its all automatic... then he went into this spill about centrifical force and ****.... so i was just like ok ok ok bye! lol
Old 03-13-2006, 10:03 PM
ehroof

when i loosened the screws it shifted better so he is full of it. It actually shifted too soon, then i started to hear a rattle so i tightened it back up to where it was. i will fool with it the next nice day or weekend. There has to be an adjustment. I think one is to hold the shift nut and one if for adjusting. Evey car i have seen that has a 2 speed tranny has an adjustment. i will let you know when i get it down pat.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
jeeperscreapers

kkkk
Old 03-14-2006, 01:00 AM
redman1

You are certainly right about the instructions they are
a joke!I am new to the sport, and had to go to the web to
get proper tuning instructions for my volcano.With their directions
it would hardly run,but after the internet directions it doesn't run it rocks.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Xeller8

Yeah there is a lot lost in the translation from Chinese to English....LOL!

Somebody needs to re-write the manuels in PLAIN English.....not translated verbatim!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:25 AM
RedcatRacing

We have put the manuals out for bid with some writers to make them much better and clearer. Lost in translation is an understatement.

Darin