Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

just a question

Old 03-17-2006, 08:32 PM
fordguy2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a question

will the front c shaped hubs off of a hpi mt2 fit on a volcano stx? i found some made out of aluminum. they look cool. and another question i dont know if this is normal but should you be able to push the truck without the engine running. it like locks up or something. i only ran my stx 2 times there cant be anything wrong with it. does anyone understand what im talking about?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:39 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just a question

is the brake engaged, put the truck on and the reciever and without starting it, push the throttle forward and push the truck and see if it pushed freely, then put it back to neutral and see if it rolls freely or now feels like its binding, if it is binding you may need to adjust the brake.

PS: Just because your ran it twice doesnt mean something cant be wrong!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:56 PM
jeeperscreapers

those c mounts and hubs will fit the truck and buggy..... just have to make some minor mods on the screw holes which i described in detail in one of the aluminum parts threads
Old 03-17-2006, 09:56 PM
fordguy2001

ok ehroof i tried what you said and its still binding. if its the brake how do u ajust it?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:15 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look at the throttle linkage and follow it to the servo horn you should see another rod with a little wheel on the end, turn counterclockwise to give less brake and clockwise for more brake. What happened when you give it throttle and roll it foreward, it shouldnt bind then. its most likely something else, the break shouldnt bind when your giving it gas unless its totally out of whack. You would notice this when you drive it. Is is constant binding or like a surging when you push it, does it happen when you push it foreward and backward? Did you check for small stones and pebbles in the gears, this can be a big problem with off road. check the front and rear for binding by turning the front wheels and the back. Sorry for all the questions just want to understand your problems better. All this should be done without the truck running
Old 03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
fordguy2001

now i have a problem. i dont think it was the breaks. i think its the clutch. now there is a spring coming out where the clutch is at. and its locked up wont move forwards or reverse. is this going to be an expensive fix?
Old 03-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

You will just need new clutch slices and spring, and bell housing. Not an exspensive fix at all.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:01 AM
pom08

i have a question about motors.... would a O.S. .18 engine fit in the volcano? was looking around at them and thought i'd ask.