Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

they just keep on breaking

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 01:50 PM
chopper22980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default they just keep on breaking

Ok I have two volcano stx 1/10 scale trucks.Are they meant to be just showed off on the shelf?Cause all mine are doing
is breaking parts.Lets be serious about this.This past weekend I ran over my shoe and it broke my rear axes holder.Yes they
do cost a lost less then other rc's,but they make up for that in buying parts.Now my pull string broke.That will cost me over 30 dollars to replace.Is there going to be any upgrade parts for the ones that are breaking the most?I dont know about the rest of you,but I work hard for my money.Yes I know this is a hobby,maybe bird watching would be cheaper.So far I know I have spent over 600.00.Thats not in peanuts either.Ive ran mine for no more then 6 hours,so it seems like ive been charged 100.00 dollars an hour to run my trucks.Sorry i'm not trying to bash any one at all,but I was taught to speak my mind.Even more so when I have my hard earned dollars tied up in things that just keep breaking.Even with the very little bumps they take.The shells are a joke,ive just recieved my third one today.So i'll just use that one for show.I DO NOT RUN IT HARD OR EVEN TRY TO JUMP THEM.I guess this is my way to vent,but I think people need to know things,if they want repeat buyers.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: they just keep on breaking

You can get a pull cord cheaper than that. I think just some people must have bad luck. We beat the snot out or ours and even jump, and only break the plastic body alot. They even made them stronger in the new shipment i was told. Other than that, just clutch and diff gears are all I went through..
Old 03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
krazd360

all my shocks broke on the bottom there the metel shaft enters the oil filled part and i havn't even got it tuned with no jumping or crashes
Old 03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
2115Rg

some found a part # for a roto start for a .18 motor ............ i bought mine and after i broke my front steering arm and blown out 5 head gaskets and jb weld the front stering arm i end up buying a HPI savage LE, but i think the elderado's are wicked fast only if they had parts quality parts u know!
Old 03-19-2006, 12:20 PM
levid

ya redcat ****ing sucks i wouldn't bye one ever again
Old 03-19-2006, 12:23 PM
jeeperscreapers

with my aluminum hubs mine only breaks if i nose dive on like a 7 ft. jump....... and then its only minor
Old 03-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Connormon

as far as the pull start start looking in to either a roto start or tiger drive. I have a tiger drive and it works great.