Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

i noticed something

Old 03-19-2006, 07:36 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i noticed something

its true for my self and the people posting here. I noticed that i very rarely have any problems with my onroad cars, and i do usually give them a good beating, doughnuts, fly by's some flips(not too many) but i usually have not problems. especially with anything breaking. Now as far as my offroad stuff, usually by the end of a day(sometimes much earlier) something is broke. usually on an off road track its ok too, its when your driving in the backyard or local park there is a problem. I think because we end up doing donuts, jumping off curbs, mounds of dirt by the ballpark etc. I know redcat sells on road and have yet to see a post about any problems with their onroad cars. i am sure they sell them!! Let me know what you guys think. I'm not a newbie to this hobby but i am constantly breaking things. I broke my second shock tower on my traxxas jato and also had my air cleaner fall off on my last jump yesterday so the engine got a good amount of sand in it, it stopped running from all the sand it sucked in. i took the engine apart and cleaned it real good, lubed it and blew it off with my air compressor. it started today and seems to have good compression, i will run it tomorrow in the afternoon and see what happens. I also ran my volcano and tornado and they worked fine. i didnt beat on them nearly as much as the jato though but i did drive them pretty hard. I am pretty sure though that if i was doing the same thing to the volcano as i was to the jato it would have had the same fate. Just my opinion
Old 03-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Popper252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i noticed something

I completely agree. Although my Tornado Xp is my first nitro car, just knowing that it's capable of being off road i'm going to treat it harder than I would a street car. I guess if you're going to go the street car route you're in it more for finesse driving and fast times than catching 6 feet of air. That's just my two cents.