Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

2 wheel vs 4 wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:43 AM
chopper22980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 wheel vs 4 wheel

would making my volcano 2 wheel drive make it faster then 4 wheel?and would it be easier or worse to steer?ive seen video on 2 wheel drives,not redcat products and they seem to fair better.maybe its just my eyes seeing things.any help on this would be great.thanks guys.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
nitrosteve22

Default RE: 2 wheel vs 4 wheel

IMO four wheel drive is superior in pretty much every way. I dont think you'd see a major improvment in top speed but if you removed all components associated with the front wheel drive your acceleration would improve (less weight and rotating parts). Although I've herd of people running in to serious traction problems when just removing the dogbone that connects center to front differentials or remove the dogbones that connect from the front gearbox to the tire hubs. It would work if you converted the front hub things to a spindle type like off of a stadium truck,and remove the front gearbox and dogbones and got a majority of weight off the front tires you'd have something similar to a Stampede or sportmax that would work just fine.

Hope this helps .
Old 03-20-2006, 01:09 PM
chopper22980

thanks for the info.i think i will just leave it the way it is.i dont wanna cause any more damage then i have too lol.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running mine as a 2wd since the first good wreck. You will burn up rear tires on the pavement.
You will also see an improvement in excelleration and top end. If your running street only its good. In the dirt you get no traction from all the torque in the ***** end.

You be the judge.

SB