Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fuel shooting out of muffler. Tornado XP

I have a problem. I am new to the nitro car scene. I just purchased a Tornado XP.
    I can start the car. It stalls when I give it full throttle or when i fully brake. Fuel spews out of the muffler when it is running and a full tank of fuel only lasts a couple of minutes. A buddy tried to adjust and it runs poorely now. The throttle lever is off also. Please help!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fuel shooting out of muffler. Tornado XP

It was running WAY too rich if you have fuel spitting out the pipe. IF the manual tells you the factory specs, adjust your needles back to that. You should be able to finish the breakin process. Then, tune it from there to the best the engine performs.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.
    AMA: 722748

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just too rich.
    Saldly, 98% of teens have switched to rap music, if you\'re part of the other 2% that like real hip-hop put this in your sig.

First off,I would NOT rely on the instruction manuals that come with these (not insulting the cars,but the translation isnt great). Xeller8 outlines a great way to get up and running here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3965371/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup toooo rich! Also, if it stall when you brake it is bcuz you have to adjust the idle screw. Turn the radio and car on, take the air filter off, adjust the little screw near the opening. keep moving the throttle back and forth and apply the brakes till when you see the carb stays open about 1mm when the brake is applied. Otherwise, when you apply the brake it shuts down air flow to the carb and stalls. The engines does not need to be running while doing this.
    Drive & stay alive! www.topspeedtoys.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YOU ARE RUNNING WAY 2 RICH DUDE,,,,ALSO I WOULDNT RELY ON MANUALS CAUSE I LOST MY SCREWS TO MY PULL START AND IT DIDNT SAY WHAT KIND THE WERE.....

GOOD LUCK WITH UR CAR

FLTLANDER