Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Fuel shooting out of muffler. Tornado XP

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Fuel shooting out of muffler. Tornado XP

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:43 AM
xrism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel shooting out of muffler. Tornado XP

I have a problem. I am new to the nitro car scene. I just purchased a Tornado XP.
I can start the car. It stalls when I give it full throttle or when i fully brake. Fuel spews out of the muffler when it is running and a full tank of fuel only lasts a couple of minutes. A buddy tried to adjust and it runs poorely now. The throttle lever is off also. Please help!!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Kemo

Default RE: Fuel shooting out of muffler. Tornado XP

It was running WAY too rich if you have fuel spitting out the pipe. IF the manual tells you the factory specs, adjust your needles back to that. You should be able to finish the breakin process. Then, tune it from there to the best the engine performs.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:14 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just too rich.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:16 PM
nitrosteve22

First off,I would NOT rely on the instruction manuals that come with these (not insulting the cars,but the translation isnt great). Xeller8 outlines a great way to get up and running here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3965371/tm.htm

Old 03-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Noob2Nitro

Yup toooo rich! Also, if it stall when you brake it is bcuz you have to adjust the idle screw. Turn the radio and car on, take the air filter off, adjust the little screw near the opening. keep moving the throttle back and forth and apply the brakes till when you see the carb stays open about 1mm when the brake is applied. Otherwise, when you apply the brake it shuts down air flow to the carb and stalls. The engines does not need to be running while doing this.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Fltlander

YOU ARE RUNNING WAY 2 RICH DUDE,,,,ALSO I WOULDNT RELY ON MANUALS CAUSE I LOST MY SCREWS TO MY PULL START AND IT DIDNT SAY WHAT KIND THE WERE.....

GOOD LUCK WITH UR CAR

FLTLANDER