Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tornado xp/xl motor compatability?

Is the .16 and .18 motor for the tornado xl/xp compatable for both cars? Interchangeable?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tornado xp/xl motor compatability?

I would think they were considering they both bolt on to the same chassis. Your only concern would be meshing the gears correctly. The XL has a one speed and the XP has two gears to spin. If you were going from .16 to the .18 I have a feeling you'd be fine if you were to just swap everything. I'd take what I'm saying with a little grain of salt considering i'm not all that sure about this. I'd wait till a few others replied.
    Tornado Xp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

From the pictures I've found of the .16's and .18's off our cars,the crankshaft lengths appear to be the exact same so I'd say go for it. The two speed would be easy to install as well,aside from the clutch bell and 2 speed assembly all you might need are the different length universal shafts that connect your center to front/rear differential.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Guys...Thanks You have answered My question! I ordered the .18 and two speed tranny today, Can't Wait to get it together! Brian